• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New GTA4 Online Screens of Helocopter Wowsome (56k)

Epix

Lock if old. Hadn't seen before.

goyYLrukP.jpg

nsusCJGWK.jpg

IiUlsilkc.jpg

cForCZQrb.jpg

KjyterElU.jpg

BVMDaCIEL.jpg

gtaSE.jpg

ME0000947113_2.jpg

ME0000947112_2.jpg

ME0000947111_2.jpg

ME0000947110_2.jpg

Looks really nice to me. Is there other stuff to do in multiplayer than shoot each other though? Are missions still available? Cos it seems a little big just for a deathmatching kind of thing.

Teknoman

Himuro said:
Am I one of the few people not really excited about multiplayer?

Possibly :lol

Looks and sounds like tons of fun along with the SP. It'll be a good break from when you get stuck in a mission or just looking for fun times online.

Really hope alot of GAF will be getting the PS3 version and have headsets.

radioheadrule83 said:
Looks really nice to me. Is there other stuff to do in multiplayer than shoot each other though? Are missions still available? Cos it seems a little big just for a deathmatching kind of thing.

Yeah. Cops and Robbers, Race mode (not just cars, can jack others or even finish the race on foot if needed), Co-op mission mode (missions made just for online 4 player co-op).

Also lol at whoever tries to finish a race in a helicopter. They're going to get mowed down by anyone else within range before they even hit the ground :lol

SupahBlah

Banned
radioheadrule83 said:

In one screenshot there's one running away with a briefcase, also their colours are different so there's CTF.

Huggy

What kind of technique is that painting filter you can clearly see on distant objects?
I'm guessing it's part of the lighting system to cover up the rasterization of that shadowing technique, but that's just a guess.

GHG

Gold Member
OMG game of the forever. I'm so hyped for this its unreal. Why does it have to drop 2 weeks before my exams :( . The month after release where I can't play it will be hell.

Teknoman

Doesnt look ugly either, looks nice, especially compared to the only other free roam realistic MP we've had (Saints Row).

Man GTA IV online, Metal Gear Online, and hopefully Left 4 Dead... :D

sadaiyappan

These pics do look new. I haven't seen them anywhere before and I read and listen to a lot of GTA previews.

For those complaining about the "filter" guess what, I was reading an article where they said they put in the filter in on purpose to make the graphics look better. I myself like the filter and think it gives a cool artistic effect to the game. I also read another article in which they say in still shots the graphics look "rough around the edges" but looks better in motion and they said you can't really feel the size and liveliness of the city in still shots.

newsguy

pn18 said:
Another GTA thread. Yeah, keep 'em coming.

AWESOME though.

So can I put you down for the "bring back the hype thread" foundation? And guess what, tomorrow all the multi previews come out online and there will be more threads.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I have to say I'm way more excited about the sp too, even with these screens. But I guess that could be said for any game I'm interested in that has a strong SP component. Always been more of a sp/co-op guy

Eric WK

Himuro said:

Nope. I don't really see the appeal at all and I generally love multiplayer games.

I'll give it a look, but it doesn't look like it's going to keep pulling me back.

SP is where it's at for me, but I have to admit, that these screen shots have given me something to look forward to from GTA IV MP for the first time.

Hootie

Darunia said:
I have to say I'm way more excited about the sp too, even with these screens. But I guess that could be said for any game I'm interested in that has a strong SP component. Always been more of a sp/co-op guy

Agree'd. I cannot freakin' wait to walk around the city and see all of the sites! Since I just traveled to NYC a few weeks ago and took a ferry to the Statue of Liberty, it will be pretty awesome doing the same thing but in video-game-awesomeness-form.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
neojubei said:
gtaSE.jpg

Come to daddy. Just upgraded to amazon prime with one day shipping.

I think I am going to have to do the same. That actually looks worth extra $$$$.

Haunted

Strange filter on these shots. Doesn't look too appealing. :/

Himuro said:
Nah, I'm with you.

Really excited about the singleplayer, though. :D

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Hey R*... give us the option to turn off the names over adversarial players' heads.

Thanks.

newsguy

I never touched the multi on the PSP versions either. While the single player is the meat and potatoes here, I gotta say I'm way hyped for the multi. After playing Crackdown and seeing how fun it can be to play online with a friend in a sandbox world, I can't wait to do it in R*'s city. The funny thing is, I have a feeling on-foot action will be awkward, and regardless I think multi will be awesome. It's about hopping in a vehicle, be it a bike, chopper... shit, there's even a multi pic with a drive-by shooting in a Prius! IMO I think having buddies in vehicles and chasing another group in cops and crooks will be one of those multiplayer experiences you remember.

Burger

MisterSINISTER said:
wtf is with the stupid paint effects filter. makes it look like GTA3

(I'll just copy and paste from another post I did.)

It's not a 'filter' so to speak, in that they took good looking graphics and 'filtered' them to look that way.

It's obviously a LOD filter, blurring geometry to keep the frame rate up, whilst looking nice at the same time.

You won't even notice it while playing.

newsguy

SuperEnemyCrab said:
I would be more excited about MP in GTA4 if we knew that pedistrian traffic, etc would all still be active during the games.

er... we know and it is. The host can also adjust these things, including if you want AI cops to chase the players.

Top Bottom