• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New GTA4 Online Screens of Helocopter Wowsome (56k)

Sandman42

There will be an incredible amount of awesome moments in multiplayer. I can't even imagine how many cool mini games people will come up with while in 16 player free roam.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
SuperEnemyCrab said:
Really? I had not heard about this, but hopefully its true! Can anyone confirm?

The latest EGM says you can manage peds, traffic, and even police. Lots and LOTS of options.

newsguy

SuperEnemyCrab said:
Really? I had not heard about this, but hopefully its true! Can anyone confirm?

The German mag confirmed this about a month ago but it was in scans. Tomorrow all of the websites will have their multi previews so you will see it there more in-depth.

newsguy

Grayman said:
I just may not play single player at all!
blasphemy.jpg

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
Looking at that choppa shot. You know what I want? The ability to make some awesome custom scenarios for multiplayer use so I can experience neat shit like that every time I play rather than hoping a bunch of random people randomly decide be cool for a change. Or is that already going to be in the game? (i haven't seen much info on multiplayer yet)

Rakthar

neojubei said:
Come to daddy. Just upgraded to amazon prime with one day shipping.

I say this as an Amazon Prime customer, but I don't understand folks who still use Amazon to pre-order games.

Amazon can take a week or two to get a game in stock and ship it out. It seems like they're getting better these days, but they still have cases where they don't get on a release right away. If you order from one of the many other retailers, you know you'll get it overnighted day of release.

I have seen thread after thread after thread of people saying "Why did I order from Amazon, they haven't shipped my pre-order yet" and yet people keep doing it. Is there a reason why? I'm not calling you out, I'm trying to help save you some grief - and I'm curious why folks would even take the chance by ordering with Amazon when there's plenty of good alternatives.

My only real concern for multiplayer are the controls. I know it has been mentioned that the fighting/shooting controls have been improved but they would need to be infinitely better then the previous games to make for a compelling multi-player game.

I am also more excited about the single player but I'm interested to see how multiplayer works.

derder

chubigans said:
The latest EGM says you can manage peds, traffic, and even police. Lots and LOTS of options.
did you ever post the egm article? I still haven't received my copy.

newsguy

Sol.. said:
Looking at that choppa shot. You know what I want? The ability to make some awesome custom scenarios for multiplayer use so I can experience neat shit like that every time I play rather than hoping a bunch of random people randomly decide be cool for a change. Or is that already going to be in the game? (i haven't seen much info on multiplayer yet)

I hear you. Luckily every person on my friends list is probably getting this game. Even guys who never played the series are hyped for this. Playing with people you know willbe where it's at.

Defcon

Banned
Screens look good. Should be a cool game to mess around in online provided the lag is tolerable, which is my main worry.

The collector's edition doesn't seem worth it, but then they never really are. A cheap ass duffel bag and a lockbox? Just more useless clutter around the house.

Defcon said:
The collector's edition doesn't seem worth it, but then they never really are. A cheap ass duffel bag and a lockbox? Just more useless clutter around the house.

Yeah, why not do something like posters or lithographs?

keyrat

Sol.. said:

My guess is that it's part of some game mode, and you probably start that scenario with one team in the chopper and the other in the van.

Teknoman

They better have a "gang" or "family" option.

Read: Clan or Team

And a HOME meeting room as well, like how the Warhawk war room will be.

There aren't any pedestrians in the multiplayer shots. Do they get rid of them? I guess it would be tough to pass the location of each NPC back and forth between the host and clients.

Grayman

Scopebob Sniperpants said:
There aren't any pedestrians in the multiplayer shots. Do they get rid of them? I guess it would be tough to pass the location of each NPC back and forth between the host and clients.
Tribes did 128 player online in the 90s. Impossible is nothing, etc.

deejay8595

my posts are "MEH"
Scopebob Sniperpants said:
The host can turn NPCs on/off..............

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Still waiting to see what's on the soundtrack before I plop down 90 bucks for the CE. Bioshock's 3 track "soundtrack" fooled me already, never again.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Rakthar said:
I say this as an Amazon Prime customer, but I don't understand folks who still use Amazon to pre-order games.

Amazon can take a week or two to get a game in stock and ship it out. It seems like they're getting better these days, but they still have cases where they don't get on a release right away. If you order from one of the many other retailers, you know you'll get it overnighted day of release.

I have seen thread after thread after thread of people saying "Why did I order from Amazon, they haven't shipped my pre-order yet" and yet people keep doing it. Is there a reason why? I'm not calling you out, I'm trying to help save you some grief - and I'm curious why folks would even take the chance by ordering with Amazon when there's plenty of good alternatives.

It suppose to come with a license plate exclusive with Amazon. So are you saying people have huge problems with shipping with Amazon?

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Do anyone of you think the game will arrive in stores on Tuesday or well be like every game release and be shipped on Tuesday and arrive on Wednesday?

edit: Scratch that question, my friend just told me some gamestops will have midnight launches of the game on Monday the 28th, hopefully Amazon ships out that same day.

FightyF

Banned
I really (times 100) hope that the host can turn off the player markers over their head. It would make the MP insane, especially if there are pedestrians so you can run in and blend with the crowd/traffic.

newsguy

JB1981 said:
what, pray tell, is so awesome about these shots?

The possibilities, the endless, random possibilities.

EDIT: As an example. I was at a buddy's house and he got the latest OXM (which has their mulitplayer preview). He said they were playing deathmatch and both teams were going back and forth with cars full of guys shooting at each other. Finally they killed the guys inside the car. In the midst of the action, one guy had left the car, picked up a rocket launcher, and blew up everyone in his car.

The moral: Explosive ejaculation awaits April 29th.

Top Bottom