• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Moon [NDS] - New screens

http://www.renegadekid.com/moon.htm

Moon008.jpg
Moon003.jpg

Moon004.jpg
Moon011.jpg

MoreShots.jpg

Can´t wait to play it. ^^

Filter

"The year is 2058. The United States has established a series of stations on the moon to perform scientific experiments and construct a Mars launch facility.

You are Major Kane; leader of a special task force sent to the moon to execute a top secret mission. An extraordinary discovery has been uncovered at one of the dig sites; it has been described as a sealed hatch beneath the surface of the moon.

You must find a way to open the hatch, and reveal what mysteries may be hidden inside the moon."

I reckon troubles a-brewin on that moon. Hope they brought some guns with them on that scientific expedition.

Danj

Filter said:
"You must find a way to open the hatch, and reveal what mysteries may be hidden inside the moon."

"That's no moon, that's a SPACE STATION"

:lol

Actually it doesn't look too bad given the DS's weakness in the 3D area.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
Moon003.jpg

are they attempting a kind of valkyrie of the battlefield sketchy effect or is that just what ds 3d looks like

Danj said:
"That's no moon, that's a SPACE STATION"

:lol

Actually it doesn't look too bad given the DS's weakness in the 3D area.
Actually it´s one of the best looking DS games.

Dementium already looked very good, Moon is graphically even better. ^^

Danj

Captain Smoker said:
Actually it´s one of the best looking DS games.

That's what I meant - the DS usually sucks at 3D, but this looks okay.

ivysaur12 said:
Pretty impressive seeing as 3D on the DS usually is really ugly.

EDIT: What he said.

Durante

DS 3D -- welcome to 1995!

(This looks almost exactly like the first Descent which I played in 1995)

ivysaur12 said:
Pretty impressive seeing as 3D on the DS usually is really ugly.
And this is not?

Cdammen

So... is this an adventure game or what?

Moon010.jpg
Moon005.jpg

Doesn't look like a FPS but their previous game contained a lot of shooting.

CTLance

Riconkulously generic story and setting is generic.

At least, judging by what has been disclosed.

Pessimism++

Looks purtiful, though.

Cdammen

The screenshots of the cinematics (those with black bars) are cutscenes using in-game assets. So yeah, renders. One of the developers said so in his latest IGN blog post.

I like the space suit design.

moon-20080409033652115.jpg

ITA84

Soul4ger said:
... I thought this was a port of the PSone game. I nearly shad myself with glee. Disappointment am total.

Same here.

And I don't think the graphics are anything special, even for the DS.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Amir0x

Banned
jesus christ those graphics

well I sorta eventually got over the horrendous eye-rapingly awful visuals in DEMENTIUM: THE WARD to actually kinda think it was decent by the end, I hope the same applies here >_<

rezuth

Amir0x said:
jesus christ those graphics

well I sorta eventually got over the horrendous eye-rapingly awful visuals in DEMENTIUM: THE WARD to actually kinda think it was decent by the end, I hope the same applies here >_<
wat

Filter said:
You are Major Kane; leader of a special task force sent to the moon to execute a top secret mission. An extraordinary discovery has been uncovered at one of the dig sites; it has been described as a sealed hatch beneath the surface of the moon.

You must find a way to open the hatch, and reveal what mysteries may be hidden inside the moon."

No, seriously, this game looks pretty neat. I love to see the weirder little premises like this, and... well, the moon's just cool, dammit! I'll definitely keep my eye on this.

EDIT: shakefist.gif at painey!

Ark-AMN

Banned
I'm guessing this is probably already common knowledge, but they're really ramping up for their game on the Wii. All their job offerings are geared towards those who have Wii/Gamecube experience.

Moon looks impressive and its amazing what they've managed to get out of the DS. I hope they can tap the Wii in a similar fashion.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Ark-AMN said:
I'm guessing this is probably already common knowledge, but they're really ramping up for their game on the Wii. All their job offerings are geared towards those who have Wii/Gamecube experience.
Wow reall

Ark-AMN

Dammit.

Vieo

DS sure has come into it's own with 3rd-party support. I hope Wii will get the same treatment eventually.

Top Bottom