• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Moon [NDS] - New screens

Ark-AMN

Banned
Heh, I figured. But I can't immerse myself in game news like I used to. And the AMN in my name is misleading as I've not worked with them for something like 2 years, maybe less. But, can't change names here.

Ark-AMN

Banned
Relaxed Muscle said:
LOL @ ppl overreacting like if was the first time they see a 3D DS game.
Where were they all when Metroid Prime: Hunters was in the spotlight? And that back when the DS launched.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
drohne said:
Moon003.jpg

are they attempting a kind of valkyrie of the battlefield sketchy effect or is that just what ds 3d looks like

no, that's what doing it wrong artistically looks like. you can do that on any goddamn 3d platform under the sun.

lack of apt texture fultering = no-no for high-frequency textures. the moment your artists break that rule the above happens. also, quad-capped cylinders (the way wheels of that buggy were done) for what is apparently the object's highest LOD is a cheap-ass approach no matter what platform you do that on, and on the ds in particular it also throws away the much beneficent edge antialiasing.

but small nuisances aside, oveall the game looks impressive. kudos, renegade kid.

CorwinB

Relaxed Muscle said:
LOL @ ppl overreacting like if was the first time they see a 3D DS game.

Actually, we are bound to see the same stream of comments in just about every thread featuring screenshots of a 3D DS title, with the "DS 3D looks like crap, LOL" brigade led by the troll-moderator in chief.

Top Bottom