• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battle of Battles: Germany vs Spain. There can be only one, but who?(poll please)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tieno

The great battle of our time is only 3 days away (June 29th). Germany vs Spain. So lets have a huge official poll!

=======================================
Can a mod please make a pubic/open poll with the following options?
-I want Spain to win and Spain will win
-I want Spain to win, but Germany will win
-I want Germany to win and Germany will win
-I want Germany to win, but Spain will win
=======================================

German mannschaft
2eb95w5.jpg

VS

Spanish Toreadors
nn06wy.jpg

Spain has lifted the curse but Germany (almost) always performs.

Who will win?

123rl

Oh boy...this is going to get ugly. My uncle is Spanish and hates Germany and I'm part German so I want Germany to win :D

ejdonk

If they are having a good day, Germany will take the cup home. If they play like shit like they did against Croatia and Turkey then they won't.. Spain is too strong for that.

Anth

I want Germany to win, but expect Spain to run away with the title. They haven't had any major success in a long time, so I won't be sad in either case.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Hopefully Ballack wakes up and we don't see the same play style that defeated Turkey.

-I want Spain to win and Spain will win

It's our time finally.

And for the sake of good football, we shall eradicate the shallow, anodine football from Europe.

We banished the queen.

It's king turn....

hyonoid

-I want Spain to win, but Germany will win

Sadly, Germany will win. /Lineker famous quote

But i support Spain and Fabregasssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

As a german i hope of course that germany wins. I think the odds are 50:50.

Spain has the better individual players and played better games this tournament. The pressure on them could be a bit higher because they haven't won anything in a very long time.

Germany has the routine of making it far in tournaments and probably has a better team spirit. The historic record of both teams against each other speaks for germany (19games 8w 6d 5l).

In the end it will be up to daily form and who shows more self confidence. I expect a rather ugly game along the lines of italy-spain. Nobody will risk too much too early. If no individual players are able to take the game in their hand it could become pretty boring.

Lakitu

st5fu
You can tell Torres is very tired, he doesn't seem to have as much energy but he still adds a lot. Plus the service in the Italy game and the first half of today's game was AWFUL. It's only when Fabregas came on he got it.

Walshicus

Funky Papa said:
I don't like your analogy.
Don't worry - neither the French, Dutch, Savoyese or we English will be there to help them this time. Should be a really fun game - two very different styles at play.

Spain deserve it, they've played better than anyone else has.

Germany winning another tournament would be dull. But they probably will :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom