• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rivalries Unrivalled - There Can Be Only One

I'm tired and cannot be bothered writing a compelling opening paragraph to entertain people who come into this thread. Chances are most don't read them anyway and simply look at my examples to provide their own. Rivalry, it's an expression over time that has produced mixed results. Some see it as unnecessary and merely a call back to the caveman mentality our ancestors had, a macho attitude supplanted by courtesy and respect. Others say that rivalry is a misunderstood thing, a beautiful thing that drives people to perform at their best against competition and to see if only the strong truly do survive in contrast to the weak. Regardless of which camp you fall into, rivalry is something that has a marked impact on our existence, from the days of ancient civilizations battling for land supremacy to workers competing for employee of the month. Rivalry is everlasting and never-ending...

Fighting Rules:
  • Two parties are needed to establish a rivalry so only max two submissions total.
  • Both entities must be in the same sector and constantly competing throughout.
  • Individual rivalries don't count, only group based (teams, companies, brands).
  • Submissions can either be from a personal investment or simply well known.
  • This thread will draw some controversy, but keep it light and don't start shit.
Mine:

First Rivalry:

1920px-PlayStation_logo_and_wordmark.svg.png
Vs.
1920px-XBOX_logo_2012.svg.png

This is the correct answer for everybody on NeoGAF and the one we can all agree upon. The amount of people permanently banned and harassed for console-warring is absolutely ridiculous and hilarious at the same time. A rivalry spanning over two decades and still burning bright to this day. Ironically it's a rivalry I'm not a part of because I'm a PC player, but if I had to choose then I would edge towards the Sony fan-boys instead of the Xbox f***ots! Oooops, just kidding, don't ban me mods!

Second Rivalry:

1024px-DC_Comics_logo.svg.png
Vs.
1920px-Marvel_Logo.svg.png

This is one rivalry I'm personally invested within. I'm a DC fan to the death and have always loved everything they've put out. From the live action Batman movies to the stellar Justice League Unlimited and Teen Titan series and Batman: Arkham trilogy to boot. Everything has been stellar. I have a deep hatred for all things Marvel, stemming from the fact that they've copied DC's intellectual properties over the years and the face of MCU being an insufferable cunt (RDJ). Doesn't help that they pump out way too many films and television shows that dilute the market and ultimately get cancelled after a season, leaving the cast and crew in a lurch. #MarvelSucks

Top Bottom