• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CAVE STORY FOR WIIWARE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

Woah. I keep meaning to give this game a try. Maybe I'll get it on WiiWare and give it the big screen treatment.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
That's pretty cool as this will allow more people to enjoy the game.

Thus far, the PSP version was my favorite port (16:9 viewing area + no tearing + great controls). Hopefully they spruce it up beyond the original for the Wii Ware port (though I'm sure some would scoff at the idea).

Owensboro

So the guy is actually going to get money for his game? Awesome. I will definitely throw some money his way to thank him for making this awesome game.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Fuck me. Looks like I'll be dropping down points for Cave Story. I already have it on PC, but, this is to awesome. You people better buy it! :mad:

Philthy

Yeah, I'll gladly pay for this game as well. He deserves it.

Hell, I'll buy it for anything you release it on. PS3, 360, Wii.

*waves money*

Tiktaalik

new, exclusive content and features created only for the WiiWare version

Worth buying.

So is this being done by Pixel or are some people just taking the code and porting it like with what happened with "Blast Works: Build, Trade, Destroy" being based on Tumiki Fighters ?

Xabora

Cave Story: This title is an action-adventure game with new, exclusive content and features created only for the WiiWare version.

9fp4r7.jpg

Tain

People who ignored the game because it was a PC title are annoying, but I'm all for it getting more attention and Pixel getting cashmoney and all that.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Ninja Kn1ght said:
If you're posting here you could be playing this right now for free.

I'd say a good number of us know that, but are looking forward to playing it again on their t.v., checking out whatever enhancements have been make, and having an opportunity to in some way reimburse Pixel for the hours of entertainment he gave away for free.

At least that is why I'm here.

Ninja Kn1ght said:

Depending on how much is added, I might buy it.
I have the game on my computer, but could never be bothered to find a satisfactory pad to play it with.

If it's $10 or under, it seems worth it to get the definitive version.

Tiktaalik said:
Worth buying.

So is this being done by Pixel or are some people just taking the code and porting it like with what happened with "Blast Works: Build, Trade, Destroy" being based on Tumiki Fighters ?
hey man, Blast Works was an from-the-ground-up remake for the Wii. Its a bad example is all I'm sayin.

Ninja Kn1ght said:

Depending on how much is added, I might buy it.

I think a lot of us fans of Cave Story just want to give Pixel some money. He really deserved to be paid for all his hard work. If he had Paypal I'd give him like.. full game price, no joke.

Hell yes :D . I did try this game on PC a while ago, but it was pretty much unplayable due to my AZERTY keyboard configuration, and I really didn't feel like getting a PC gamepad I would never use again... Still, I really liked what I played of it...so now there's my chance to dive into this game again. Can't wait !

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
This is fantastic news. Cave Story is an amazing game, made all the more so by the fact that it was created by one person. I'm glad to see Pixel's game get more exposure.

Tiktaalik

HyperZone<3 said:
hey man, Blast Works was an from-the-ground-up remake for the Wii. Its a bad example is all I'm sayin.

I meant in terms of the creator being involved... I don't think the creator of Tukimi Fighters, Kenta Cho, was involved in Bast Works at all.

Gagaman

Loved playing this on my GP2X. I'm willing to pay up for a console version though, I tend to play games on consoles far more than handhelds or my PC.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
MarkMan said:
It's about time someone said something...

Bonus: It won't be a direct port. ;)

some random site accidentally leaked this a while ago when they pulled some cave story-related content and justified it by saying pixel asked people to take stuff down in anticipation of the wii version, but they ended up eating crow and saying they misread it and there's no such version being worked on.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
Tiktaalik said:
So is this being done by Pixel?

this is the question that determines whether 'new content' is a good thing (and whether i'll buy this or stick to the xbox port)

or hell, maybe i'll buy it anyway to say 'thanks' for the best free game anybody has ever made

The Hermit

drohne said:
this is the question that determines whether 'new content' is a good thing (and whether i'll buy this or stick to the xbox port)

or hell, maybe i'll buy it anyway to say 'thanks' for the best free game anybody has ever made

Stumpokapow said:
some random site accidentally leaked this a while ago when they pulled some cave story-related content and justified it by saying pixel asked people to take stuff down in anticipation of the wii version, but they ended up eating crow and saying they misread it and there's no such version being worked on.

Apparently, yes!

BTW, this is the first time I see you genuinely happy with Nintendo ( after S&P2, and Cave Story) since, Super Mario Galaxy I guess...

Just to see how great the announcements were. :D

He does deserve to make some money on what is an excellent game. I'd rather give it to him directly but the WiiWare could be the definitive vserion of the game.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Nice. I've played the free version through three times now, but it's such a good freeware title it deserves some cash for the maker's efforts.

I wonder what extra stuff is added? Multiplayer modes? Level editor? Oooh the excitement!

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i remember that 'pixel asks people to take the game down' business, but that just establishes that he's being paid for it (which is certainly important), not that he's creatively responsible for the wii version

and yeah, i give nintendo credit for some solid announcements last night -- i'm interested in the sandlot game too

batbeg

Fuck me, yes. I've never made it to the best ending or whatever, only played through it once, but will feel much happier about finishing it proper after giving this genius some of my money.

drohne said:
i remember that 'pixel asks people to take the game down' business, but that just establishes that he's being paid for it (which is certainly important), not that he's creatively responsible for the wii version

and yeah, i give nintendo credit for some solid announcements last night -- i'm interested in the sandlot game too

In respect to the work he has done I wish people would listen to pixel... but either way he gets paid so whatever I guess, unless of course he gets paid per each download and not a one-time lump sum beforehand! In that case people need to get together in a holy crusade to take down all websites and download sources you can possibly get the game from!

Porridge

Himuro said:
Buy this game!

It's funny. I got Cave Story for free, but I actually wanted to donate that guy MONEY when I finished it.

Yeah, the guy totally deserves it. He should not remain an unknown figure. He needs to be doing more of this, he's clearly got a vision and deserves his talent recognized, period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom