• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CAVE STORY FOR WIIWARE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Maybe this time I'll actually beat the final boss. Absolutely loved the original PC game.

Fireblend

Banned
Awesome news, even though I've already beaten the whole thing over and over. Still

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Edit: too bad I'm not at home and don't have my GIF collection readily available.

Hesemonni said:
This is the perfect time to ask : What's the current state of Cave Story PSP?

You have two choices:

1. Looking good, in light of this announcement!

2. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Hesemonni

Banned
dark steve said:
You have two choices:

1. Looking good, in light of this announcement!

2. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
:) Well atleast I have the PC version to cherish and love!

bard

Comfy couch + 42" TV + Cave Story = win. Cheers to Pixel for making what is easily one of the best games of all time. Four years after its freeware release, it still gets attention.

ampere

NOFUCKINGWAY

Pixel better get the majority of the profits. I do not want to see this man swindled. I will buy this as soon as it comes out.

Awesome. I love Cave Story and will jump at the chance both to support it monetarily and play it from the comfort of my couch. Any word on pricing yet?

Hesemonni

Banned
haowan said:
PSP version has been playable all the way through since a long time ago now. It's pretty good.
Yeah, I've seen some release, but haven't touched it. Been kinda waiting for the "definitive" version ... or something. But quick googling tells me that the development has pretty much halted by now. Maybe I should jump in this weekend.

ampere

GrotesqueBeauty said:
Awesome. I love Cave Story and will jump at the chance both to support it monetarily and play it from the comfort of my couch. Any word on pricing yet?
I'd say $10 since that's what Mega Man 9 costs.

vgnznb.gif

In your face, Braid! In your face, Mega Man 9! You just got 1-up'd!

Hesemonni said:
Yeah, I've seen some release, but haven't touched it. Been kinda waiting for the "definitive" version ... or something. But quick googling tells me that the development has pretty much halted by now. Maybe I should jump in this weekend.

Do it. Now. Or I KEEL YOU.

haowan

Hesemonni said:

That so-called 'definitive' version had nothing to do with Pixel and was some idiot wide boy shysters riding off its popularity and basically stealing the IP for themselves. Fuck those guys. I hope they went out of business and are now homeless.

Pixel better be directly involved, because I owe that man some serious money. I realize there have been countless Cave Story threads on this forum, but please allow me to shout this from the mountaintops: GAF, THIS IS ONE OF THOSE "IF I DON'T BUY THIS, I'M PART OF THE PROBLEM" GAMES. Rally up.

I've had this on my PC for ages but never had the impetus to play it due to adding the language pack and configuring the install and whatever BS. Perhaps now i'll actually play it.

DeaconKnowledge said:
I've had this on my PC for ages but never had the impetus to play it due to adding the language pack and configuring the install and whatever BS. Perhaps now i'll actually play it.

Errm, the Deluxe Edition is preloaded with English. Just download, install and click the shortcut.

Ranger X

OMG IM SO GETTING THIS DAY ONE

wtf with Nintendo. today alone just beat the whole last year and so.

- Klonoa
- Cave Story
- Further evidence of Pikmin 3
- Endless Ocean 2
- New DS
- Punch Out Wii
- Fire Emblem DS confirmed for US
- Sin And Punishment 2
- Trace Memory 2
- Picross 3D

WTFFFFFFFF

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Darkpen said:
psp and ds ports are homebrew. If there ever was a retail copy, it was unauthorized.

Yeah, I've had the PSP homebrew version for ages. But last I heard the DS version had not yet been released. Just an early trial version, or something.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Hopefully Pixel gets a good chunk of the sale money. That guy definitely deserves it. Cave Story is not only easily the best freeware game I've played, it's one of the best games I've played, period.

Ranger X said:
OMG IM SO GETTING THIS DAY ONE

wtf with Nintendo. today alone just beat the whole last year and so.

- Klonoa
- Cave Story
- Further evidence of Pikmin 3
- Endless Ocean 2
- New DS
- Punch Out Wii
- Fire Emblem DS confirmed for US
- Sin And Punishment 2
- Trace Memory 2
- Picross 3D

I wonder how the people who sold their Wii after Nintendo E3 are feeling now?

Mejilan said:
The DS version is out already!?

Nope, unfortunately. I'm sure it will be great when it is released though.

Jiggy

I somehow managed to avoid knowing this game existed, but if it's 2D and sidescrolling then it automatically earns loads of my attention. ♥

NimbusD

Never played it, but I like the idea of bringing it to wiiware.

Its a free game on pc?

ooo, imagine Knytt Stories on Wiiware.... *drool*

Ranger X

Jiggy37 said:
I somehow managed to avoid knowing this game existed, but if it's 2D and sidescrolling then it automatically earns loads of my attention. ♥

It better gets your attention. Unless you wouldn't want the best Metroid game that isn't under the name Metroid.

jibblypop

Banned
hmm i never heard of this game. but usually when gaf goes apeshit about something it's because it's good. So i'll buy this.

Sciz

Jiggy37 said:
Go download it, you'll absolutely love it.

Jiggy

Well, I can hold out for the WiiWare version--I always like games more on a TV than on a monitor. But yeah, I'll definitely be there. No worries, all three of you. :p

Fireblend

Banned
Jiggy37 said:
Jiggy... I have always had respect for you and your OCDifically crafted posts... but if you have never played Cave Story... I take it all back. I'm sorry but I can't love you again until you're posting your speedrun times for Cave Story and then doing a no item run or something.

and you say you like platformers... enjoying KSSU without being aware of Cave Story's existence... you're in for a treat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom