• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will we ever get Indiana Jones: Staff of Moses?

Shiggy

Indiana Jones: Staff of Moses was a PSP title developed by Amaze Entertainment in 2006/2007. While it was intended to see a release in 2008, it still has not appeared and was not even officially announced.
So what do you think? Will we get it together with A2M's Wii/PS2 and LucasArts' PS3/Xbox 360 Indiana Jones games later this year?

PSP.jpg

If anyone knows an image host which does not delete images as soon as they get a notice from LucasArts, please tell me.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
The cancellation of Indiana Jones and the Iron Phoenix, the point and click sequel to the incredible Fate of Atlantis, was a damn shame.

Tr4nce

McBacon said:
The cancellation of Indiana Jones and the Iron Phoenix, the point and click sequel to the incredible Fate of Atlantis, was a damn shame.

There was a sequel planned to the Fate of Atlantis? Oh my god.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Tr4nce said:
There was a sequel planned to the Fate of Atlantis? Oh my god.

Yeah, it was about Nazis seeking the Philosopher's Stone in an attempt to resurrect Adolf Hitler. I guess Harry Potter got there first.

Turns out LucasArts didn't like the art style (which had art deco characters on realistic backdrops), the lead programmer retired from the project and it couldn't be released in Germany (most Indy games would have the Swastikas altered, but Iron Phoenix had Hitler as a villian).

They even thought about doing a different sequel to Fate of Atlantis, called Spear of Destiny, but Point and Clicks were going the way of the dodo, and the Infernal Machine was created.

ram

McBacon said:
Yeah, it was about Nazis seeking the Philosopher's Stone in an attempt to resurrect Adolf Hitler. I guess Harry Potter got there first.

Turns out LucasArts didn't like the art style (which had art deco characters on realistic backdrops), the lead programmer retired from the project and it couldn't be released in Germany (most Indy games would have the Swastikas altered, but Iron Phoenix had Hitler as a villian).

They even thought about doing a different sequel to Fate of Atlantis, called Spear of Destiny, but Point and Clicks were going the way of the dodo, and the Infernal Machine was created.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO - what a sad day. indiana jones and the fate of atlantis was one of the best games that i played.

McBacon said:

Well, that may be the saddest video game news I hear all day. I love Fate of Atlantis. I can't even count how many times I beat it.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Yeah - the worst part is that while Infernal Machine was pretty good for the time (and had a cheat to play as Guybrush Threepwood :p), it really hasn't aged well.

Conversly, Fate of Atlantis is freaking timeless.

vareon

McBacon said:
Yeah - the worst part is that while Infernal Machine was pretty good for the time (and had a cheat to play as Guybrush Threepwood :p), it really hasn't aged well.

Wha----there was?

I just replayed Fate of Atlantis a few months back. It's damn awesome.

Dang. You are right. That game hasn't aged well at all. But, it's still Guybrush in Indian Jones, so its coolness cannot be understated.

I really need to play Fate of Atlantis again.

Hammer24

Banned
McBacon said:

Thats very true. Some point´n´click adventures are worth revisiting every couple of years, especially the LucasArts ones. They are still fun every time.

faberpach

I can't believe there was a sequel planed for indiana jones and the fate of atlantis, that game was fantastic.

So sad it didn't work does anybody know a place to get info about the canceled projects?

from what sources did you acknowledged that.

McBacon said:

This is the saddest story I ever heard.

Egg Shen

Interestingly enough, both Iron Phoenix and Spear of Destiny lived on as comics thanks to Dark Horse. I have both series and they're pretty good, although I'm not a fan of the art inside either one...but the covers were great. I also would have wanted a game sequel but at least some of the project lived on.

EDIT: Just reminds me; there's a freeware Indy game that's currently being worked on called "Indiana Jones and the Fountain of Youth" located here. Not sure when this is ever going to be finished, but there's a demo available.

PacoDG

leroidys said:
:lol At the train picture. Anybody else notice it?

I stared at it for a good two minutes right now. At this time I'm just seeing random shit because ive been staring for too long (like now I see a nose and mustache on the front of that second car, im imagining stuff now). What is it you see?

Shiggy

M3wThr33 said:
I know people at Amaze. You don't want this as bad as you think you do.

Would you mind to share information? Is it still planned for a release?

And thanks for the upload link ;)

You'll never see another Indiana Jones game unless it's Lego.

I'm calling it right now, next-gen Indy is dead and isn't coming back.

Shiggy

Banana Kid said:
You'll never see another Indiana Jones game unless it's Lego.

I'm calling it right now, next-gen Indy is dead and isn't coming back.

That actually does not seem to be the case.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
I'm always on board for a new Indy game. Keep it like Tomb Raider and Uncharted and it should be good.

Shiggy said:
Indiana Jones: Staff of Moses was a PSP title developed by Amaze Entertainment in 2006/2007. While it was intended to see a release in 2008, it still has not appeared and was not even officially announced.
So what do you think? Will we get it together with A2M's Wii/PS2 and LucasArts' PS3/Xbox 360 Indiana Jones games later this year?
Nope...
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/943/943997p1.html
January 12, 2009 - IGN has heard from multiple sources (both internally at LucasArts and elsewhere) involved in the long-in-development Indiana Jones title for Xbox 360 and PS3 that the game has been cancelled. Unofficially we've heard that developers are being reallocated to other projects and that the new Indiana Jones project that we last reported on in April 2006 is dead in the water.
:(

ymmv

Banned
It seems the management at Lucasarts Games has only been interested in running their company into the ground the past couple of years. It really saddens me that one of the greatest game companies ever has come so low. They've got some of the greatest properties in the world, created some of the best games ever yet now they only produce garbage.

ymmv said:
It seems the management at Lucasarts Games has only been interested in running their company into the ground the past couple of years. It really saddens me that one of the greatest game companies ever has come so low. They've got some of the greatest properties in the world, created some of the best games ever yet now they only produce garbage.

No, they don't produce garbage, the random developers they hire do.

LucasArts doesn't actually make games anymore.

wasn't there a rumor or speculation that Lucasarts was gonna become part of EA? Not a outright purchase, but EA just getting all the licenses?
This thread came right on time for that rumor to hit....

Dobkeratops

OT Hard Carry
I would've lived a happier life had I remained completely oblivious to the fact a sequel to Fate of Atlantis, one of the very best games ever made and a keystone in my childhood gaming, was ever in the works.

Thanks for ruining my day. Fuck this thread ;_;

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Guybrush Threepwood said:
No, they don't produce garbage, the random developers they hire do.

LucasArts doesn't actually make games anymore.

They made The Force Unleashed internally.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
http://www.*******.com/2009/01/12/despite-rumors-lucasarts-is-committed-to-new-indiana-jones-ga/

Despite rumors, LucasArts is 'committed' to new Indiana Jones game

IGN reports that "multiple sources" at LucasArts and "elsewhere" indicate that the developer's next-gen Indiana Jones game has been canceled; however, ******* has contacted LucasArts for an official statement and things don't appear so cut-and-dry.

According to a LucasArts representative, "LucasArts remains absolutely committed to the Indiana Jones franchise. While we are aware that fans have been eagerly awaiting additional information on the upcoming game, they can rest assured that details are forthcoming."

Well, that doesn't sound like the game is dead, although there's certainly wiggle room in that quote to speculate that the long-in-development title has been killed with another taking its place. Of course, that would just be our old friends Rumor and Speculation stopping by to say hi.

eXistor

How I wish for just one more PnC Indy game. The one to end them all if you will. It's so unfortunate that this is nigh-on impossible even if it's clear the best genre for Indy is PnC. Even if we do get a new Indy game, you just know it's gonna be weak 3rd-person action adventure game.

CiSTM

Banned
I still weep for the Iron Phoenix :( Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis is one of the greatest adventure games ever made and I want more god dammit !

Last good Indy game was The Infernal Machine. I really liked it. And I hope there will be more indy games.

_PsiFire_

McBacon said:
http://www.*******.com/2009/01/12/despite-rumors-lucasarts-is-committed-to-new-indiana-jones-ga/

Despite rumors, LucasArts is 'committed' to new Indiana Jones game

IGN reports that "multiple sources" at LucasArts and "elsewhere" indicate that the developer's next-gen Indiana Jones game has been canceled; however, ******* has contacted LucasArts for an official statement and things don't appear so cut-and-dry.

According to a LucasArts representative, "LucasArts remains absolutely committed to the Indiana Jones franchise. While we are aware that fans have been eagerly awaiting additional information on the upcoming game, they can rest assured that details are forthcoming."

Well, that doesn't sound like the game is dead, although there's certainly wiggle room in that quote to speculate that the long-in-development title has been killed with another taking its place. Of course, that would just be our old friends Rumor and Speculation stopping by to say hi.

A guy I know on the dev team for the "next gen" Indy game says they halted work on the game TEMPORARILY for a couple reasons. One, Spielberg didn't want a game coming out so close to the movie release. Two, because of the first reason they moved all staff to help with the completion of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed.

Supposedly they went back to the Indy game in November.

Top Bottom