• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Offical NBA2K9 GAF Season 7 Thread of High Hopes

Smokey

New season...new thread. I'll update the OP as we hammer out rule changes etc. But for now I'll post the list of particpants/teams.

200533b.jpg
200533b.jpg
200533b.jpg

GAF Name/XBL Tag

1. Smokey (dboythagr8) -Bobcats
  2. Dcx (dcx gaf) - Lakers
  3. HEY LOW 2 - Magic
  4. Cloudy (cloud2k)- Hornets
  5. Airbrian (AirBrian) - Bulls
  6. CB3 (coldblooded33) - Nuggets
  7. Zep - Pistons
  8. Dmczaf (dmczaf) - Suns
  9. Barrage (minotarzan) - Spurs
  10. Diddybop (ussjme) - Raptors
  11. Mrbob (MrBob) - Heat
  12. Daw840 (darkQberto) - Celtics
  13. Truelize (truelize) - Cavs
  14. Hunter D (CharsAce) - Nets
  15. FrenchMovieTheme (frenchmov) Mavs
  16. Pheeniks (pheeniks) - Grizz
  17. Ecnal (slashdc5) - Hawks
  18. Cerrius (Cerrius) - Wolves
  19. Kirbybreezy (fivering) - Blazers
  20. Malleymal - Jazz (come on guys, more people are better!)
  21. birdman - Pacers
  22. chrisjames - bucks

Name: GAF Season 7
Private: yes

Settings:

Hall of Fame
8 minute quarters
30 game season
16 team playoff
7 day interval
Best of 7 series throughout playoffs

Season 7 Divisions

Black Conference

Socom
Bobcats
Mavericks
Cavaliers
Pistons

Killzone
Nets
Lakers
Blazers
Nuggets

God of War
Suns
Bulls
Pacers

White Conference

Gears
Grizzlies
Hawks
Wolves
Heat

Halo
Spurs
Celtics
Hornets
Raptors

Fable
Magic
Jazz
Bucks

*Cornflakers are on a short leash this season. If I notice I'm having to sim a bunch of games of yours, I will probably say something to you. If it keeps up I'm booting people. Might as well save people the trouble of trying to contact you when I can just press the Loss button and be done with it. As most of us just know from last season...season 7 will probably run at max 3 months (including playoffs). I'm just letting everybody know now. Not trying to be an ass but if you're not going to play then I'm not wasting mine or anybody else's time.*

my post regarding potential rule changes

Just caught up with the posts from the last page.

2nd semester just started for me today, so my availability during early afternoon/morning may be a bit limited. Other than that I'll be around like I always am.

So...I see there was a healthy argument over the PIP rule. One thing I can say is that NO PIP rule at all is not an option. There needs to be some kind of regulation on PIP. Very rarely this past season was there an issue with people going over the PIP limit. As the season progressed everybody's game sort of adjusted to the rule, which is what it is supposed to do. I'm still weighing the option of static/dynamic so I don't want to say anything just yet. In fact, I'd like to test it out first before making any kind of big decision like that.

My next topic...manual defense. I feel pretty strongly about this. To me knowing that you're battling with your opponent straight up is an awesome feeling. Makes the game much more competitive IMO. When I see players letting the CPU do the work for them... takes a little bit away from the game. That's the whole point of a league. Kirby probably played the best manual defense I've encountered all season in our championship series, and I liked that. He was able to stay with me pretty consistently in our series. The only time I can see where the manual defense becomes tricky is when it comes to zone. Other than that this is probably issue #2 next to PIP for me personally.

I also want to mess around with the difficulty setting. We've always played on Hall of Fame in our leagues, but I'm wondering if that has a negative effect on the shooting. If it was to be changed it would only go down a notch to Superstar but again...I'd like to try this out first.

Trapping is another item I want to look at. Full court trapping is a no no, but I'm talking about half court. In a case like Beasley where he went off for 71, shouldn't the defense be able to do SOMETHING to try and stop him. As it is now, Kirby wasn't allowed to trap him if he wasn't on the block/in paint.

Trades...I think I'll leave it open as it was last season. Hopefully some of you see the consequences of trading away certain players or trying to achieve a certain play style, and will use that in season 7 to make better trades.

I believe I have the game speed/quickness sliders at 46 each. May raise those a little bit.

Umm...think that's about it unless you all have anything else to add?

Cerrius said:
If I don't get the Heat, I'm willing to trade for Beasley

if i do, we'll work something out

i really don't want to use beasley knowing you can score 71 with him :lol

also, the new season=new rosters amirite? no jcraw for you, dcx!

Smokey

konex you're on the clock.

for those waiting to pick, have a list of teams available that you'd like to pick (keep to yourself don't share lol). That way when your turn comes we can quickly move on and continue down the line.

DCX

DCX
pheeniks said:

get the Warriors :p

DCX

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
pheeniks said:

cool, I got a deal in mind you might like.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
who wants to scrimmage???

court rivals playoff game tonight at 8:30 to 9:30 eastern, but we can get a quick game before or after

DCX

DCX
Malleymal said:
who wants to scrimmage???

court rivals playoff game tonight at 8:30 to 9:30 eastern, but we can get a quick game before or after
I'll scrimmage after our playoff game, after i have to play Matrix in NCAA it works out good.

DCX

DiddyBop

23 teams eh? that potentially leaves out the wolves,thunder,bobcats,knicks,nets,clippers,and the bucks im guessing. of course,if anyone picks the clips(god bless your soul) i will be willing to trade for gordon:D

and smokey,can you put ppl's proper GAF name? i always referenced to the first page of the season 6 thread in case i needed to Pm someone,its really helpful.

and for the love of god,do not put beasley in cerrius' hands:lol

Mrbob

As a Marquette alum during the Duane Wade years....I might have to take the heat to play with my guy.

There is no way Cerrius will get Beasley under my watch. :lol

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
airbrian is up. im sure he is taking the mavs right? i mean they are in his avatar...

Edit: :lol

Ill take the nuggets then

1. smokey-rockets
2. dcx - lakers
3. denogg- magic
4. konex - Hornets
5. airbrian - Bulls
6. coldblooded - Nuggets
7. zep
8. dmczaf
9. viakado
10. diddy
11. mrbob
12. daw
13. truelize
14. hunter D (you lasted longer in the playoffs is why you're lower)
15 anarchous_one
16. FMT
17. Pheeniks
18. ecnal
19. cerrius
20. Malleymal - Jazz (come on guys, more people are better!)
21. birdman
22. chrisjames
23. kirby

CB3

by the way if DeNog decides not to play and konex doesnt want the magic (im sure Brian wants the bulls regardless) i want the magic

daw840

You god damn son of a bitch CB. You stole my Nuggets.

Fuck it, I'm out. Not playing if I can't have my team

/whine

Just kidding ;)

Mrbob

Cloudy said:
Gimme the Hornets

You sonofabitch.

What do you want for Peja?

Oh and if Denog doesn't play and CB doesn't want the magic and konex doesn't want the magic I want the magic and if Denog doesn't play and CB gets the magic I want the nuggets or if konex takes the magic and CB takes the nuggets again I want the hornets. :lol

CB3

daw840 said:
You god damn son of a bitch CB. You stole my Nuggets.

Fuck it, I'm out. Not playing if I can't have my team

/whine

Just kidding ;)

I Wanted to choose the Pistons. But the thought of having kwame on my team was just too much

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
i think that if someone is on the fence about playing they should move to the back.. just for the bs that will follow if they leave

DiddyBop

yea,denog seems real shaky,he needs to post here and tell us if he's definitely in or out,hopefully he stays though,the more the merrier!

CB3

daw840 said:
Does anyone know where to get the OVR ratings list online? I can't currently get to my 360.

im pretty sure they change with each update 2k puts out. so im not sure

Mrbob

Yeah I know I had him but I thought that was because of using older rosters before the season started.

This is why I'm glad we aren't doing a fantasy draft! :lol

CB3

daw840 said:
Yeah, well this would have been a lot easier if YOU HADN'T STOLEN MY TEAM BASTARD.

WELL MAYBE ID HAVE THE MAGIC AND I WOULDNT HAVE TO TAKE THE NUGGETS WHICH WAS MY PLAN ALL ALONG!

So not my fault!

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
DiddyBop said:
yea,denog seems real shaky,he needs to post here and tell us if he's definitely in or out,hopefully he stays though,the more the merrier!

only reason i say that is because of the team choice.... also the reason he doesnt want to play can easily meet a boiling point if he meets a tough game and opponent that might abuse pip

LOL guiseppe...

Top Bottom