• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

recommend me a badass anime movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
i had
Jin-roh2.jpg

in que for netflix and now its on short wait.....

can you guys recommend me a good anime movie so i can watch something this Saturday :D

TY gaf

ultron87

Ghost in the Shell
Cowboy Bebop: The Movie (better if you've seen some of the series, but still good as a stand alone)

Gattsu25

Banned
Blader5489 said:
Samurai X
Correction:

Samurai X: Trust & Betrayal

• Patlabor: The Movie (1 and 2...the third movie, which is called "WXIII: Patlabor the Movie 3" is not as good)
  • Perfect Blue
  • Blood the Last Vampire

And you know what? I'm going to recommend the 'X' movie...but only because I love the choreography and length of the very last fight.

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
TOM f'N CRUISE said:
i seen ghost in the shell and cowbody bebop, and dont say akira or ninja scroll..iv seen those too :D

Seriously I know it's easy to disregard it cause it's a "video game anime" but Fatal Fury: The Motion Picture is just awesome. It has kick-ass music, is directed by Masami Obari (who did GitS), has tons of fights and special moves, spans the entire goddamned world, has Mai shower scene, has DUCK KING, and does not make you think too hard. Basically it is awesome, and you don't need to have watched any series or a bunch of other shit to enjoy it.

WATCH IT

Forkball

For just straight up pure badassery, check out Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust. It's about a half-vampire vampire hunter who has to save a woman who was kidnapped by a vampire(last time I mention that word I swear) in a gothic post-apocalyptic spaghetti-westerny world. He has to deal with various monsters, rival hunters, and generally random and wild things ready to rip him to shreds. It's the sequel to Vampire Hunter D, but you do not need to see the original and Bloodlust is so much better in every way (except for the scene in the original where D stabs that guy in the eye during the wedding).

1591085316743.jpg

ultron87 said:
That is quite badass. But I'd imagine it is quite confusing and not nearly as awesome for someone who hasn't watched the show.
I like the pacing of the show better for some reason.
Still awesome movie though.

Samara

DrForester said:

NO. NO and NO. I have that movie because my niece's name is Athena, Athena-Uthena...yeah. OMG one of the worst movie I ever saw. Two robot bitches rolling over skateboard--naked :lol I have no idea what that movie was about

Forkball said:
For just straight up pure badassery, check out Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust. It's about a half-vampire vampire hunter who has to save a woman who was kidnapped by a vampire(last time I mention that word I swear) in a gothic post-apocalyptic spaghetti-westerny world. He has to deal with various monsters, rival hunters, and generally random and wild things ready to rip him to shreds. It's the sequel to Vampire Hunter D, but you do not need to see the original and Bloodlust is so much better in every way (except for the scene in the original where D stabs that guy in the eye during the wedding).

1591085316743.jpg

Tut tut tut.

Ha. On a side note, I agree with you.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Sword for Truth.

Very Ninja Scrolly.

Avoid the Escaflone movie unless you like movies that open with pointlessly suicidal chicks who become heroines because they were emo or something.

Macross Plus.

Forkball

pseudocaesar said:
Tut tut tut.

Ha. On a side note, I agree with you.
Crap, I legitimately tried not to say it again. I have a major problem using the same word several times, but I can't think of any synonyms for vampire that don't sound weird when you are just casually talking about it.

NSBrandon said:
Seriously I know it's easy to disregard it cause it's a "video game anime" but Fatal Fury: The Motion Picture is just awesome. It has kick-ass music, is directed by Masami Obari (who did GitS), has tons of fights and special moves, spans the entire goddamned world, has Mai shower scene, has DUCK KING, and does not make you think too hard. Basically it is awesome, and you don't need to have watched any series or a bunch of other shit to enjoy it.

WATCH IT
im not disregarding it, iv just seen it along time ago and wanted to watch something i havnt seen yet.

Tamanon

Banned
Macross Plus has some badass piloting in it, and great music.

Vampire Hunter D is pretty damn creative for being a vampire movie. Very good action, very emotional.

Also......I liked Street Fighter The Animated Movie:p(The one that had grunge music all over the soundtrack)

robot

Dead Leaves
Fuma Clan Conspiracy
Tekkonkinkreet
Paprika
Vexille (shhh...i liked it)
Gunbuster and Diebuster
Freedom (not a movie but a short series worth watching, especially in BluRay)

Check youtube for trailers but they all qualify as badass.

Narag

NSBrandon said:

WATCH IT

Mamoru Oshii did GitS, not Masami Obari. That said, FF is indeed a fun asskicking globetrot.

B.K. said:
Mobile Suit Gundam Trilogy
Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack

CCA loses a lot of impact without Zeta to fill the gaps.

hteng

Banned
Hajime no Ippo: Champion's road
Hajime no Ippo: Kimura's Fight (sorry can't remember the name, but i love this)

Rur0ni

Ah Jin-Roh, excellent. You've chosen wisely. I want the Blu-Ray, but $70-80? :lol

Anyway, since you've got taste... and requested bad ass...

Wicked City
Perfect Blue
Sword of the Stranger (supposed to be good, I'm watching it next week)
Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust

And maybe for some series... nothing too philosophical/emo and shit. Don't be swayed by their bullshit.

Shigurui
GunGrave

Report back the awesome. I take your thanks in advance. There's a good handful of movies out there that I'm forgetting I'm sure.

For a COMPLETELY different kind of badass, while being ALMOST a movie, real men become ever more manly by viewing:

A Spirit of the Sun aka Taiyou no Mokushiroku

Otherwise, for yet another still different type of badass, give the Nitaboh anime movie a shot. Tis badass.

Siyou

Rur0ni said:
Ah Jin-Roh, excellent. You've chosen wisely. I want the Blu-Ray, but $70-80? :lol

Anyway, since you've got taste... and requested bad ass...

Wicked City
Perfect Blue
Sword of the Stranger (supposed to be good, I'm watching it next week)
Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust

And maybe for some series... nothing too philosophical/emo and shit. Don't be swayed by their bullshit.

Shigurui
GunGrave

Report back the awesome. I take your thanks in advance. There's a good handful of movies out there that I'm forgetting I'm sure.

wut...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom