• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest IX sells 2,343,440 copies in the first two days

john tv

Already posted in the official thread. Was trying to avoid making another thread, but I guess we can keep 'em separate. Keep the sales talk in here, the game talk in there, then. :p

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Thanks, CVX. Now no one has any reason to go into the DQ9 thread anymore and I have to keep clicking "Page 2" to find the thread. "/

cvxfreak

RevenantKioku said:
Thanks, CVX. Now no one has any reason to go into the DQ9 thread anymore and I have to keep clicking "Page 2" to find the thread. "/

You do not want sales-age to ruin a thread as epic as DQIX's official thread. :p

cvxfreak said:
This surpasses Pokemon Diamond/Pearl for the best first week DS sales, but falls behind Final Fantasy VIII's 2,504,044 debut.
Is that FF VIII number 1 week or two days worth of sales? It's not clear from your post.

cvxfreak said:
http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1225810_1124.html

This surpasses Pokemon Diamond/Pearl for the best first week DS sales, but falls behind Final Fantasy VIII's 2,504,044 debut. DQVIII debuted at 2,238,000.

Was FFVIII a first week or first two days figure? If it's the former, given that DQIX hasn't sold through its initial shipment yet and it's only a touch behind it, surely there's a chance it will have a higher opening week?

Andrex said:
Hrm, thought I heard 2.7 mil before. Still impressive.
These numbers are from Enterbrain (Famitsu) and Media Create more or less announced the same numbers. The 2.7 was a bullshit guess from 2chan, much like the bullshit guess on Oi-Oi's Magic Number Farm.

Cosmonaut X said:
Was FFVIII a first week or first two days figure? If it's the former, given that DQIX hasn't sold through its initial shipment yet and it's only a touch behind it, surely there's a chance it will have a higher opening week?
No chance at all. This game was released on a Saturday, so its opening week is two days long. So it doesn't surpass FFVIII's opening week.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
cvxfreak said:
You do not want sales-age to ruin a thread as epic as DQIX's official thread. :p
Wow, I'm getting better at sarcasm. Yay.

madara

Nice start for what I presume is suppose to be the greatest selling dq ever. Its on the ds after all, anything less and I dont know.

dumbass_

Banned
I thought Dragon Quest were more popular in japan than Final Fantasy

Final Fantasy VIII's 2,504,044 debut.
DQVIII debuted at 2,238,000

Anyone got life time sales for Dragon Quest/Final Fantasy? :D

KTallguy

Banned
Obviously a win for SE.

I wonder if they projected more or less, though.

Anyway, the first week sales are more important.

And smart of them NOT to sell out... I think?

Angeles said:

DQs tend to have more legs than FFs.

Angeles said:

If you want to compare the LTD sales of just these two games (which is an awkward comparison to begin with) you get:

FFVIII: 3.501.588
DQVIII: 3.538.860

Angeles said:

I think I read in a recent MC thread that FFVIII's FW was 4 days.

Allan Holdsworth said:
I think I read recently in a MC thread that FFVIII's FW was 4 days.
Most games are released on Thursdays so they have four day openings. DQs are released on Saturdays so they're always going to be at a disadvantage in terms of opening week numbers.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Angeles said:

FFVIII is the best selling FF in Japan I believe....

Well, FFVII may have beat it just barely with the extra version (FFVII International... there was no FFVIII international), but I do believe FFVIII is the single best selling stand alone FF title in Japan.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
it_prints_more_money.jpg

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
From what I have played so far it certainly deserves it! I've only put in about 5 hours, but I really like it.

Top Bottom