• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PSP Minis Thread

Captain N

pspministhread.png

Launch l October 1st

Titles at Launch l 10

Titles in 2009 l 50

Price l .99 - $9.99(unconfirmed)

Confirmed Launch Titiles

VEMPIRE1.png

VEMPIRE10.png

Vempire

Confirmed Titles

○ Pac-Man Championship Edition

○ Alien Havoc

○ Aqua Panic: Oasis

○ AstroTripper

○ BreakQuest

○ Melody Bloxx

○ Brainpipe

○ Burn, Zombie, Burn! 2D

○ Circles

○ D-Cube Planet

○ Mighty Empires: The great Mughals

○ Fieldrunners

○ Flexis

○ Funky Punch

○ Hero of Sparta

○ Zombie Tycoon

○ Kahoots

○ Laser Ride

○ LittleTrack

○ Little Mason

○ Pinball Dreams

○ Minigore

○ YetiSports

○ Vempire

○ Overkill Apache

○ Puzzlescape

○ Resurrection

○ Championship Manager

○ FMX

○ Bubble Trouble

○ Stunt Cars

○ Arcade Pool

○ Arcade Air Hockey & Bowling

○ Arcade Darts

○ Sudoku

○ Real Soccer 2010 - the famous handheld soccer simulation arrives on the PSP(R)go system. Get immersed in the atmosphere of a live match thanks to true to life 3D graphics and animation. Discover a complete range of game modes and easily perform the most amazing soccer moves.

○ Hero of Sparta - an epic and colossal adventure with staggering 3D graphics that fully capture the mythological atmosphere. 8 levels to explore and legions of phenomenal creatures to defeat in this odyssey.

○ Asphalt 5 - a high velocity driving game with more than 15 million downloads sold. Ride the best cars in the world including Ferrari and Lamborghini in high-speed races through 15 of the hippest locations in the world from Paris to Aspen.

○ Let’s Golf! - It’s time for you to become a big hitter and drive for the green with Let’s Golf! Choose to play with 4 cool and customizable characters across 63 holes in 4 distinct locations remodeled in refreshing 3D visuals from Fiji Beach to the English countryside.

○ UNO - play the #1 classic card game with friends and family on your PSP(R)go system. Enjoy traditional UNO(TM) or customise your own game with 9 different rules to play your way. Challenge friends near and far through local and online multiplayer mode.​

Thanks to Flek for doing the banner.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Nice Thread :)
but im pretty sure Disgaea Infinite is just a PSN Game, not a PSP Mini, same as Thexder NEO
.i hope sony will soon publish some information on prices.

Captain N

cw_sasuke said:
Nice Thread :)
but im pretty sure Disgaea Infinite is just a PSN Game, not a PSP Mini, same as Thexder NEO
.i hope sony will soon publish some information on prices.

I took them off the list until i can find out if they are coming out or not.

Darkpen

Banned
When I saw the thread, my first reaction was "isn't it a bit early for this thread?"

Nice touch with the apple logo, though, lol. Will you be listing normal PSN PSP games as well? D:

Blablurn

hopefully we won't see to many 9,99€ titles. but i'm really looking forward to the minis. there should be a lot of potential. especially if we see more ports of ipod touch games.

Grayman

so what qualifies the games as minis? file size?

would that make holy invasion of privacy and the pipe puzzle game minis?

RJT

Grayman said:

Price. That would make "holy invasion of privacy" not a mini.

SamBishop

Banned
I have to admit, it was smart of Sony to woo some of the better iPhone devs as those games are clearly awesome, but I'm noticing a discernible lack of efforts from Sony themselves to really kick this off. That's par for the course, and I'm very interested in seeing if this will split dev efforts internally between quick 'n dirty ideas that wouldn't have worked as, say a full-blown PS3 PSN title and console PSN efforts that might be expanded into something more. That is, this might be a really low-cost way for Sony to prototype gameplay ideas and then expand them as "full" products down the line. That's something I kinda thought the PSN was going to be, but I think it's fairly obvious that they're going to use the PS3 Store to push big, full games as downloads instead, and I don't think I mind that.

Thanks for creating this thread; I'm hoping good things come out of Minis, but I think those expecting the kind of App Store quantity/quality thing are going to have reprise of how Sony did the PSN first time around. Honestly, though, I don't see that as a bad thing -- the ratio of shit/throwaway games on the PSN is awfully high. I'm not ashamed to admit I'll be picking up a ton of these if the price is right.

Grayman said:

That's the big question right now. 100MB or less for Minis, but I don't know if there's a limit beyond that. I'd love to see internal docs to see where they draw the line. There are actually a handful of PSP games that are under that limit, and until now UMDs were a wasteful way to distribute 'em. Badman is well under the limit. It would have been really cool to release it under this. Half-Minute Hero seems about in line with it too. God dayom is that game good.

Polk

Two things sounds like bad moves from Sony.
- No network or online features. I'm sorry, but it's crap. If many of games used stuff like Plus+ or other social networking solutions, it would be just better for all parties.
- no dlc (and if Gamasutra is right no patches). No DLC is thing I can live without, but not patches? That's dumb looking how many fixes there are for iphone games.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
HUELEN10 said:
First and only thing I get will be Pac-Man CE. Can't wait!
Yeah, this is gonna be really fucking crazy if it's exactly like the XBLA version.
That game in your pocket is going to destroy lives.

Rlan

Currently there are many mixed messages regarding PSP minis. There was the announcement that PSP minis won't support updates, multiplayer etc, but then they've then said the games WILL support updates, and possibly multiplayer in the future.

http://www.vg247.com/2009/09/21/scea-sends-mixed-messages-on-minis-patches-and-multiplayer/

But then games like Thexder Neo and UNO WILL have online multiplayer and will be $10 or less. So are there minis, and then some other kind of downloadable PSP titles that aren't considered retail style games?

I've been trying to get a response, but it's taking a while.

No45

Rlan said:
Currently there are many mixed messages regarding PSP minis. There was the announcement that PSP minis won't support updates, multiplayer etc, but then they've then said the games WILL support updates, and possibly multiplayer in the future.

http://www.vg247.com/2009/09/21/scea-sends-mixed-messages-on-minis-patches-and-multiplayer/

But then games like Thexder Neo and UNO WILL have online multiplayer and will be $10 or less. So are there minis, and then some other kind of downloadable PSP titles that aren't considered retail style games?

I've been trying to get a response, but it's taking a while.
I'm not sure why they felt the need to publicly mandate no online features in the first place. I'm guessing they want to get as much on the store as quickly as possible, but they could have made sure that they had a solid focus on standard offline minis initially and made people aware that more substantial online enabled minis would be coming.

I just hope we don't see a load of 'A little bit of...' style things like I'm seeing on the DSi. Unique standalone experiences would be great, maybe even a retro focus - the PSP is ideal for those types of game.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Captain N said:
Confirmed Titles

○ Pac-Man Championship Edition​
Whoa! Seriously? The same thing that's on XBLA? I figured I'd never get to play that, but portable sounds great!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I'm excited in... uh... well, pretty much all the ones that aren't already released elsewhere.

jvm said:
Whoa! Seriously? The same thing that's on XBLA? I figured I'd never get to play that, but portable sounds great!

It'll be a port of the iPhone version, not a port of the XBLA version.

CAVE343

Nice thread, I'll be keeping my eys on this on. I really like the idea of the mini's, I've burned more cash on the appstore than I can count, so the mini's should be a real good money waster :)

I'm also very curious what Sony will bring themselves, it would be great if the mini's become a big succes.

edit: WOW, Thexder NEO looks really nice

Chris_C

Crikey, you pretty much just went and did my "job" for me. I was going to do a preview of PSP minis about a week before launch for my blog. I'll see what I can do about getting additional info on these titles and post it here.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I am a bit shocked its getting Pacman CE. If the PSP can have it, I want to see it in my local arcade!

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Pac-Man CE will be released on PSP? I know it was getting a Iphone release but that will be so much more playable on PSP.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

Rlan

Drkirby said:
You want the Mini's to be $15? I am hoping most of these titles are for $5 tops.

I would consider minis anything less than retail. In the end it makes those which are above minis status to be in this awkward position between both of them. PSP minis should include games like Super Stardust Portable for example.

jaydogg691

Captain N said:
○ UNO - play the #1 classic card game with friends and family on your PSP(R)go system. Enjoy traditional UNO(TM) or customise your own game with 9 different rules to play your way. Challenge friends near and far through local and online multiplayer mode.

Is this game a Minis? I thought Minis don't have wireless support?

Raistlin

Grayman said:

* File size <= 100MB

* Single player

* price (I assume)

Top Bottom