• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Glimpse of Dead Rising 2 Gameplay this Thursday on GTTV

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I'll be watching, I didn't love the first, but I enjoyed it. The sequel could be great, if improved.

p.s. Here comes the inevitable argument about you know what...

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
so what you're saying is, this is a WORLD EXCLUSIVE?!!

StuBurns

Banned
I'm interested, I think the first one is pretty much the most overrated game on GAF, but we'll see, I have hope in Capcom.

MDSLKTR

stuburns said:
I'm interested, I think the first one is pretty much the most overrated game on GAF, but we'll see, I have hope in Capcom.

No. Of all the capcom games this gen, this is the one that's deserves the praise. I sold my xbox and all my games, but i kept dead rising just because.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Fuck yeah, the first one was one of the few truly next-gen titles out there and even with all its faults it's still my favourite X360's game.

Can't wait to see this. The original was one of my favorite games of this gen so far. I hope they can fix some of the issues.

Mar

I'm all in.

Rickard said:
I want to see more canadian things.

Engineer-1.jpg

Satanyoka

Banned
Finally. Having no media was kinda getting annoying.
Loved the first one, I'm sure this one will be even better. So hyped.:D

clashfan

stuburns said:

Is it overrated because it was a 360 exclusive and now you are interested because it's on ps3?

I'm slowly moving from skeptical to cautiously optomistic...

Sorry don't know how to spell optomistic. Optamistic. Optamism. Damn. WTH.

The first game is my favorite game this entire generation. I don't like how its being handled by an outsourced team. But we'll see.

No_Style

How many seconds of actual gameplay are we talking about here? I've be burned by GTTV too many times with their "WORLD EXCLUSIVES".

Screw it. Who am I kidding? I'm going to watch it on GT site the next day anyways.

SuperEnemyCrab said:
I fully expect them to give into the whiners and change the save system. Hopefully they keep it like the original.

Agreed, although it's not really in doubt anymore, since they've said they are changing the save system, but supposedly allowing for a "hardcore" mode. I'll have to dig for the quote.

Please don't destroy the sequel to one of the top games this gen capcom. I have faith in you though.

been waiting for new stuff on this for months now :D

Arpharmd B said:
I'm slowly moving from skeptical to cautiously optomistic...

Sorry don't know how to spell optomistic. Optamistic. Optamism. Damn. WTH.

The first game is my favorite game this entire generation. I don't like how its being handled by an outsourced team. But we'll see.

Optimism.

As far as i can recall the whole thing is being overseen by the original team, or some of them at least, so there should be no issues there.

I'm hoping this is another case where people are worried because they don't know about the developers and I can sit back and be like "yo, The Bigs kicked ass, don't fret" like Batman.

2010 is going to be incredible

StuBurns

Banned
clashfan said:
Is it overrated because it was a 360 exclusive and now you are interested because it's on ps3?
No, it's overrated because it's a bad video game, and treated as though it's not. I was actually being polite, there's no way I'm buying the second one. I'm interested to see if it's as aimless and obtuse as the original though.

I think LP is lame too, even on the black tower.

StuBurns

Banned
BobFromPikeCreek said:
Aimless? Did you just play the demo?
Aimless is probably the wrong word, I thought it was too reliant on making your own fun. I didn't just play them demo, I borrowed the game from a mate, but you're right, I didn't finish it.

stuburns said:
Aimless is probably the wrong word, I thought it was too reliant on making your own fun.

But it provided plenty of ways to make the game fun. I am not going to say you're wrong because i can definitely understand why someone wouldn't like the game but i had a ton of fun with it.

pswii60

The atmosphere of the original was absolutely stunning. Often surpassed the likes of Bioshock in many ways.

I want them to bring that back but make the gameplay and environments more varied if possible.

StuBurns

Banned
AdventureRacing said:
But it provided plenty of ways to make the game fun. I am not going to say you're wrong because i can definitely understand why someone wouldn't like the game but i had a ton of fun with it.
I think I just thought it was something it wasn't, and I came into it with really high expectations. It felt kind of like state of emergency to me.

But I don't want to derail the thread at all, I was basically just saying fuck you to clashfan for calling me a fanboy.

stuburns said:
No, it's overrated because it's a bad video game, and treated as though it's not. I was actually being polite, there's no way I'm buying the second one. I'm interested to see if it's as aimless and obtuse as the original though.

I think LP is lame too, even on the black tower.

Im sorry, your opinion is wrong.

Top Bottom