• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Runman: Race Around the World thread, I mean come on

upandaway

I'm having way too fun with this game to not make a thread about it.
It's a freeware game by Matt Thorson and Tom Sennett, awesome guys.

boxart.gif

Site here (with a nice trailer): http://whatareyouwait.info/

The game is about momentum. You run or you don't, and that's it. Your job is to keep your momentum while popping as many balloons as possible and killing as many enemies as possible, while doing it as fast as possible. In other words, score.
You can't die even if you tried, unless it's a boss, and because of that, you will always be able to finish a stage on the first try.
Notable feature about the game is its music, which is all public domain. It's something you've got to experience yourself though.

I just beat the game with 62 medals. During the last few stages I couldn't get a medal on the first few tries, which is kind of scary. But I'm gonna have fun shooting for 100% medals. The unlockable characters are great too.

Another nice feature for the game is ghost runs. Ghost runs are saved automatically for your highest scores and you can save them by yourself, and they're basically "second runners" that you can race even on another save file. If you're having trouble on a stage you can ask for a ghost run that could teach you a few tricks.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
I was gonna make a thread about this game, but I'm glad someone else did.

It's so awesome, love the bluegrass soundtrack.

Tain

I almost wish every stage could be a boss stage. :x

It's a pity about Game Maker's inability to run at a smooth 60 fps (without stutter/tearing), this game would be better with it.

Jazzem

Yeah been playing this one, loving it :D Though I find it's more of a fun game to take a carefree attitude to, so I probably won't personally bother with the medals. Fun all the same though!

official website is all kind of awesome.

Features

* Run through 35+ levels across 6 unique and preposterous zones!
* Complete ridiculous feats of speed to earn shiny medals!:lol
* Unlock 4 lovable secret characters and probably some other stuff!
* Colorful, bright, crude, colorful graphics!
* Classic tunes courtesy of masters like Robert Johnson, Louis Armstrong, Blind Blake, and more!
* You can't die!

jaypah

thanks for the thread upandaway, i had forgotten that this was coming soon. i'm liking it so far. super charming and the music is awesome.

upandaway

Tirade said:
can we have this on mac please :(
I really doubt it, given the engine for the game and everything. Lag started to come through VMWare only in the very intense moments about 3/4th the way in (and even then, v1.1 cleans most of this up, and even then, BootCamp cleans it sterile), so you could always try that if you can set it up.

Top Bottom