• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Art for new Mistwalker game unintentionally leaked

Lock if old. Seems like Mistalker artist, Yasuhito Watanabe, may have unintentionally leaked art for their next game on his creator page.

Watanabe’s newly posted creator page has a photo of him and his monitors. One screen shows a grassy hill and a partially colored character. Perhaps, this incomplete drawing is work for the mysterious game Mistwalker is rushing to complete.

Link and creator page

I'm sure the more observant posters could find a few things worth noting about the image.

duckroll

Amir0x said:
Why is Mistwalker rushing to complete this? Is there some Mistwalker news I'm missing?

They're obviously rushing so we can actually get the game before either:

a) Mistwalker has to close their doors
b) the game gets canned by the publisher

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Dabanton said:
Why be such a Debbie downer Duckroll?:lol
He is the abusive one in the relationship. But he's the one who always votes for Mistwalker to be mayor and shit like that.

Amir0x

Banned
Well I really wanted Cry On. At least conceptually it sounded the most interesting, instead of "I wanna be Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy!" But they canceled that so... not sure I should even anticipate this considering how Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey turned out :/

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
Can you really call it a "leak" if it's sitting in plain view on Mistwalker's official website?

For that matter, how can you possibly call that "unintentional"?

Jonnyram

I don't see how this was unintentional at all.
For starters, it doesn't show jack shit - a field and an incomplete character. WOW!

batbeg

We're on code orange here, people! Mistwalker possibly accidentally posted a piece of art which may or may not be relevant to something in the past or future!

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
cosmicblizzard said:
Yeah, everyone's calling it a "leak". Weird.

Well as soon as there's an official press release about it I'm sure they'll all start calling it "news."

Did that DS game they worked on ever come out? Can't remember the name, but it wasn't the Blue Dragon one.

EDIT: It was ASH, guess it never made it stateside.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Let me know if one of their creations ever gets a 40/40 from Famitsu. I'm not going to play their games till then.

speedpop said:
Let me know if one of their creations ever gets a 40/40 from Famitsu. I'm not going to play their games till then.

They're bleeding money as it is. No way can they afford that. Besides, doesn't Square control Famitsu to some extent? I don't think Wada would be willing to let his predecessor get a perfect score.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
tokkun said:
A news story about an announcement that an announcement will be made some time in the next several months. Is this really what we've come to?

And a picture of a picture that may or may not be a picture of some concept art for what might or might not be a game.

Top Bottom