• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Party Korokoro Catcher. Mario arcade game by Capcom

king zell

so what happened to the Mario Party series? the last 2 games for the Wii and DS were the best selling in the series why did they stopped making them?

2DMention

Banned
king zell said:
so what happened to the Mario Party series? the last 2 games for the Wii and DS were the best selling in the series why did they stopped making them?

Because they'd have the stigma of numbering them in double digits like an 80s slasher movie.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
2DMention said:
Because they'd have the stigma of numbering them in double digits like an 80s slasher movie.

Like those notoriously underperforming Final Fantasies?

AndyD

aka andydumi
2DMention said:

:lol
They need to maybe theme them somewhat. But I agree the newrly annual iterations were getting a bit stale, considering they reused a lot of the minigames all the time.

rpmurphy

king zell said:
Maybe they want the next game to have minigames that uses the Wii Remote, Nunchuck, Classic Controller, Wii Zapper, Wii Wheel, Balance Board, WiiSpeak, MotionPlus, and the Vitality Sensor?

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
-WindYoshi- said:
Holy shit @ around the 1:00 mark, those are the most realistic graphics I have ever seen in a Mario Party game, maybe ever!

Holy crap, you weren't kidding, man, Wow if this is what they can do with arcades, then whoawhoa!

did you see those coins?! They lookted so real, that I almost thought they were real

Publisher: Capcom
Developer: Hudson Soft
So Hudson's still making it while Capcom releases it.
It's kind of funny how it seems like this doesn't involve Nintendo at all. Kind of like Mario and Sonic in Japan.

DarknessTear said:
You're joking right? My sarcasm detector is broken.
SuperWiiHD4lyfe

Haunted

Seems like they're using a mixture of Mario Party 7 and 8 as the basis for the port. Seen boards and minigames of both titles in that trailer.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
So then, this is more or less like that Mario Kart Arcade-only game from a while back, except it's Hudson and not Namco responsible for development.

Nintendo really doesn't seem to have any qualms about farming out some projects onto other developers onto other "platforms," so to speak.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
This is probably the 'new Mario' game Charles M said he was going to Seattle to do VO work for not too long ago.

D-Pad

Surgeon Rocket said:
So then, this is more or less like that Mario Kart Arcade-only game from a while back, except it's Hudson and not Namco responsible for development.

Nintendo really doesn't seem to have any qualms about farming out some projects onto other developers onto other "platforms," so to speak.

Isn't Hudson responsible for a lot of the Mario Party games? My surprise is with Capcom publishing and not Nintendo. Wtf?

Edit- Oh it's an arcade game. I thought it was something for Wii. Heh.

andymcc

Banned
D-Pad said:
Isn't Hudson responsible for a lot of the Mario Party games? My surprise is with Capcom publishing and not Nintendo. Wtf?

i don't think that nintendo manufactures gambling machines in japan. :lol

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Surgeon Rocket said:

Not really. GP was an arcade adaptation of Mario Kart. This is a completely different type of game, with Mario Party shoehorned in. Medal games in Japanese arcades are huge, but don't go believing this is going to be anything more than gambling for idiots with a thin veil of mario cuteness.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
D-Pad said:
Hudson developing isn't really any surprise. In addition to the Mario Party series, the did do Sonic Shuffle which is basically Sonic Party, so a sensible assumption is that Hudson is quite familiar with board game-like game design.

Capcom publishing is weird though. Maybe it's because of Capcom's more notable presence in the declining Arcade culture that Nintendo decided to have them publish this game.

yurinka

LOL WTF. Hudson working for Capcom in a Mario Party game for arcades! And you even earn some coins and Yoshi's eggs! :lol

Surgeon Rocket said:
Hudson developing isn't really any surprise. In addition to the Mario Party series, the did do Sonic Shuffle which is basically Sonic Party, so a sensible assumption is that Hudson is quite familiar with board game-like game design.
not to mention Fuzion Frenzy:lol :lol

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
-WindYoshi- said:
Holy shit @ around the 1:00 mark, those are the most realistic graphics I have ever seen in a Mario Party game, maybe ever!

joke post?

John Harker said:
This is probably the 'new Mario' game Charles M said he was going to Seattle to do VO work for not too long ago.

is this a joke post, too?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
If you guys knew the pedigree for medal games, this thread would probably be deserted aside from a few hilarious fail photos.

Heh, I thought this came out ages ago (Capcom released a DKJB esc game in Japanese arcades too)

What a weird matchup though. Capcom publishing a Hudson made Mario Party game with no involvement from Nintendo :lol

Wait wait wait wait wait.

A MARIO Party developed by Hudson... PUBLISHED BY CAPCOM? How the hell did that happen? Oh shit... Nintendo sold Mario to Capcom!!! Megaton!!!!

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Nintendo is the ip producer of the game. Nintendo has continually partnered with SEGA, Namco, and Capcom in Japan when it comes to publishing their software in the arcades.

For the record I don't think Hudson Soft is involved in this port. The developer listing is simply a GameTrailers guy assuming it.

I misread the op at first as "Mario Kokoro Catcher" and thought that it was going to be some crazy Mario dating sim. Now I know its just some crummy mario party thing. My dream of dating Mario is ruined :(

Top Bottom