• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet (PSP®) Thread of Dressing Up to play with yourself

Captain N

lbppspcover.jpg

Description
PLAY, CREATE, SHARE...Everywhere.
LittleBigPlanet's critically acclaimed "PLAY, CREATE, SHARE" experience, makes its way to the PSP system with a completely new Sackboy adventure. Platform through 35+ levels and collect prize bubbles, costumes, and "CREATE" materials. CREATE your own levels and challenges with the easy to use POP-IT tool. Once complete, SHARE your creations in ad-hoc mode or post them to the community pool in infrastructure mode.

Key Features

Experience a completely new LBP Adventure!
"Play" 35+ Action Packed Platforming Levels
"Create" your own PSP creations
"Share" your creations via both Ad-hoc and Infrastructure Mode​

lbppsp2.jpg

lbppsp3.jpg

lbppsp4.jpg

Brilliant implementation of LBP, my only gripe is that you can't export from the PSP to the PS3, and it's a bit squinty when zoomed out. It's one of those games like LocoRoco that is guaranteed to bring a smile to my face when I fire it up.

Finished it a while back. While disappointed with the lack of multiplayer, it was nevertheless a fantastic single-player game. And I have found quite a few decent created levels within the community.

Takao

Banned
I absolutely adored the effort Sony Cambridge, in partnership with Media Molecule did with this game. As stated above, along with LocoRoco (go buy Midnight Carnival on the PSN, seriously!) it's one game that can definitely bring a smile to your face.

I wonder if Sony Cambridge is going to support us with DLC as Media Molecule has done, and is continuing to do on the PS3. I'm expecting a no.

Anyone else expecting this thread to not reach past 3 pages? I'm expecting a quick death, ala Jak & Daxter: The Lost Frontier and most other PSP exclusive title official threads.

adversesolutions said:
Sorry, live in Japan, got owned.

Came out maybe two weeks back in Japan.

Zen

Banned
I'm not sure about how active the community is, although so far the single player is a lot more fun and engaging than the PS3 version. I think the most plays I've ever seen on a community level is 22. :lol But it doesn't seem to count things in the most efficient manner. You figure it would count by downloads (and that seems like the best method since always being only isn't a guarantee with the PSP version), but is only seems to count by plays, and even for that it doesn't seem to count my plays for some reason, even if I've been 'online' the entire time. I just tested it out again to confirm. Really the userbase is fairly small, but you can do a lot worse with a fun 2D platformer, especially since the platforming feels a lot better than the PS3 version.

Honestly they might be better off switching the play count to a download count, even with relatively small sales, I can't imagine that their bugged out play count is very motivating for the creators.

In USA/Can, LBP PSP has actually been going up on the PSN download list, it's now number 2 behind Call of Duty Classic.

Xenon

lawblob said:
Any idea how many user-created levels are available to download, or how acting the community is?

I log onto the servers and download levels a couple times a week. There is always new stuff. The problem is its most of it isnt that good. You can search hearted levels but since you can only see 10 or so levels per page you see the same levels every time. Its got the same search issues as its big brother only amplified due to the small number of levels you can view per page. One other annoyance is the fact that the level leader boards only show the top ten.

On the plus side, levels take only a few seconds to download. So you can save a crapload, pun intended, and play through them later. I’ve had the game for close to a month now and there have only been a handful of levels I really enjoyed. That’s not to say there isn’t more out there, just good luck finding them.

Takao said:
Anyone else expecting this thread to not reach past 3 pages? I'm expecting a quick death, ala Jak & Daxter: The Lost Frontier and most other PSP exclusive title official threads.

Most likely but I think this is a better place to our pimp PSP levels ala the User level thread.

Tailzo

I've had the game since it was released. It's a lot of fun, but I wish loading times were shorter. (I have the umd version.)

Barrett2

^ Thanks for the info. Thats the main thing that drove me crazy about LBP PS3, the garbage level finder. God, I wish they would just let you use a simple list with a few filter options, instead of the convoluted 'globe' thing.

Zen said:
although so far the single player is a lot more fun and engaging than the PS3 version.

Completely agree. It's not that I didn't enjoy the PS3 version, I just think the single player in LBP PSP was a lot more fun.

ibu

I got a PSP - Go for Christmas from my lovely (amazing) girlfriend, so I fired it up and immediately bought Little Big Planet and Monster Hunter Unite from the PSN.

Absolutely amazing game, love it... loved it on the PS3 and will love it on here, keep me occupied on my long journies up north to see te other half.

So, my understanding was that you can't play any community made levels on a CFW PSP? Is that still the case?

Tadale said:
Just a heads up, Kmart is selling this game in the clearance bin for $9.99.

Well, that changes things a bit. :lol

Takao

Banned
I think the reason those Kmart copies of GT and LBP are going for $10 is because they're Canadian copies of the game (they have French on them). Maybe a shipment got lost or something. :lol

fernoca

Great game..amazing job/port/whatever of the original concept to the handheld.

Got it on day one (on the PSP Go) along with the extra costumes..have been playing every time with a Nathan Drake-sackboy.

trk_rkd

Banned
i thought we were keeping reference to the psp game in the main lbp thread? i thought that was a good idea given how similar they are, how similar the communities are (likely) to be and how many of the design tricks for one game are applicable to the other... oh well, if there's two threads so be it.

trk_rkd said:
I thought we were keeping reference to the psp game in the main LBP thread? I thought that was a good idea given how similar they are, how similar the communities are, and how many of the design tricks for one game are applicable to the other.
This. Not to mention that it is an extremely uninformative OP, given the type of game this is, as well as the fact that the game has been out for a month. Oh, and the horrible title.

Adam Prime said:

It's a shame I can't just download levels from PSN on my PS3 and move them over to the PSP. :(

I know that's not how LBP proper does it, but it still would have been nice.

I'm going to see if I can hunt down one of those $9 copies. I'll put up with just the base game for $9. Well, my daughter will to be specific. :lol

EDIT: I like the title. :lol

j-wood

I just bought this game for my girlfriend, b/c she loves lbp on the ps3. Couple of quick questions though

When you update the game, do you have to keep the update file on the memory stick? Or is it like the firmware updates, delete it after it's run?

Are there alot of levels from people yet?

Barrett2

I love the game, but you've gotta be kidding me with the load screen. I have to wait for several minutes and mash buttons just to get to the damn game. That is very, very irritating.

So far I am pleasantly surprised with the downloaded user levels. The handful I grabbed from the "recommended" page have been very solid.

Roxas

Anyone else having problems with the jumping? jumping at the back of the screen rarely works but when i am on the "level" closest to me i can jump fine with no problems. I am using CFW if its of any help and am playing the UMD version.

Xenon

I published my first PSP level. I'd be happy if it wasn't for the fact that I fought the damn editor the entire time. Most of which was due to set objects floating off in different directions. The funny thing was when I tried to publish it said it needed to install a new patch…. Dohhh. I hope they fixed all the flakiness since its almost unusable in its current state =P

Anyway…

PSN: XenonHMW
Name: city in chaos

Let me know what you think. I had to scale back quite a bit since I kept having to repair things OVER and OVER, %#$!

Top Bottom