• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Worst Boxarts of 2009

Not a fan of Gamesradar, but a friend linked me to one of their recent articles which I thought might be of interest.

Examples are highlighted of what they consider to be the worst game boxarts released in the last year. There are truly some brown nuggets in here:

russelgrantastrology--article_image.jpg

rollinheads--article_image.jpg

hysteriahospital--article_image.jpg

Fizzwizzle--article_image.jpg

MLBFantasy--article_image.jpg

Dolphinz--article_image.jpg

CanadaHunt--article_image.jpg

MyHeroDoctor--article_image.jpg

PogoBunny--article_image.jpg

SystemFlaw--article_image.jpg

UnwrittenTales--article_image.jpg

PetzHamsterzBunch--article_image.jpg

PetzMonkeys--article_image.jpg

IslandofDrFrankenstein--article_ima.jpg

myballetstudio--article_image.jpg

Bad CG, clipart, and stock photos will never die!

I crown My Ballet Studio the winner of the biggest-turd award for being a stock photo with a logo. The Island of Dr Frankenstein is my runner up, all they seem to have done is a composite screenshot with a load of filters. Looks shite.

Any more contenders that the original article missed out?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know how to top the OP!

The Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver box-art I saw this year was pretty gross. I can't find any pics, though.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
I like how they cut off and readjusted the turkey's head in Canada Hunt but didn't try to even make sure it realigned properly.

HUELEN10

My copy...
t6aumq.jpg

Hate the boxart, but I am in LOVE with DSi box design. Seems so much classier than a DS box, specially the Wii-like spine.

N4Us

Mama Robotnik said:

Where did Wario's mustache go?

Also the Dark Spire one on the list sticks out at game stores for the fact that it's in a larger box than most other DS games.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
HUELEN10 said:
My copy...
[IM]http://i46.tinypic.com/t6aumq.jpg[/IMG]
Hate the boxart, but I am in LOVE with DSi box design. Seems so much classier than a DS box, specially the Wii-like spine.

Just wait until they make the DSi boxes go green.

ccbfan

HUELEN10 said:
My copy...
t6aumq.jpg

Why does the DSi box have a spot for GBA games?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
PetzHamsterzBunch--article_image.jpg

They're fucking crazy. This box art is AWESOME.

Majmun

Seriously...shovelware games having shitty covers? Nothing new to see here.

Great games having bad covers is worse imo.

hv6s5y.jpg

Worst cover of 2009.

Fox the Sly

Second said:

godofwarcollection.jpg[IMG]

Worst cover of 2009.[/QUOTE]

I don't see what's so bad about it. A bit lazy perhaps, but it looks fine to me. :<

Majmun

Fox the Sly said:
I don't see what's so bad about it. A bit lazy perhaps, but it looks fine to me. :<

I'm not a fan of putting a boxart in a boxart. The collection has even two boxarts in a boxart. Looks strange and very cheap. And "God of War" is being displayed way too many times on the cover.

Yes, definitely lazy.

Fox the Sly

Jaded Alyx said:
Needs more 'God of War'.

Second said:
I'm not a fan of putting a boxart in a boxart. The collection has even two boxarts in a boxart. Looks strange and very cheap. And "God of War" is being displayed way too many times on the cover.

Yes, definitely lazy.

LMAO! I didn't even consider the multiple "God of War" logos. :lol :lol :lol

Point taken. ;)

painey

I knew from the moment I saw the thread title that this wasnt going to be a thread full of awful boxarts, but a thread of full pic quotes.

StuBurns

Banned
Second said:

hv6s5y.jpg

Worst cover of 2009.
Yep, but the Asian cover is awesome.

HUELEN10

I hate you all so much. (You know who you are, you anti-boxites) :lol

For those that may be curious about new DS/DSi packaging, here i what I've said before. Besides the color, the only difference is that it feels a tad more lightweight, and the little logo that earlier DS cases had insane the area of the GBA/Option pak compartment is gone. I hope no more changes are made to DS/DSi cases, but you never know. I LOVE the flat edge on the left hand side of the front of the box for the DSi logo and the spine. Looks very spiffy compared to the old GBA-like curve of DS boxart on the front.

I don't take shovelware ones seriously so they don't bother me, some are funny though. :lol

Things like the God of War one annoy me so much more, when they should be sooooo much better but aren't.

DSi stuff looks sexy though, white cart! Can't wait to see more of them.

Top Bottom