• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Downing alcohol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
What booze can you down and post pictures!

guinness.jpg
Can go threw a pint in 1 minute

carling_previous-design.jpg
Takes me 2 minutes

Its not the fasted but when on a pub crawl moving from pub to pub every 10 minutes it comes handy

So booze Gaf what "Teh Skillz" Do you have:D

Tuvoc

I can down a whole keg in an hour. And that includes the 2 minutes it takes me to high-five all the bros at the party before i pass out and/or go to the hospital.

Kentpaul

Pub crawling you can't sit with a Jd and coke for an hour

trust me i'd love to

Seanbob11

Ferrio said:
Didn't know drinking it fast was the objective. All this time I've been trying to savor the taste.

Are you from Britain? Over here it's not about the taste, it's the speeeeeeeeeeeeeeed!

Kentpaul

Seanbob11 said:
Are you from Britain? Over here it's not about the taste, it's the speeeeeeeeeeeeeeed!

Its moving from bar to bar to make the best of the weekend

British Booze style :D

Kentpaul

backflip10019 said:
Why the fuck would you chug Guinness?

I have no idea why i do it but the stuff goes down like water so it's hard to stop when the pint glass hits my lips

Kentpaul

ConfusingJazz said:
That's why in the states, we have natty light. You savor guiness, and dumbasses shot gun natty light.

Light beers are pointless its like ordering a Mcdonelds and ordering a diet coke :lol

pootle

Kentpaul said:
I have no idea why i do it but the stuff goes down like water so it's hard to stop when the pint glass hits my lips

And you with a Buckie avatar too! Just remember that the name tonic wine does not imply any medicinal properties.

You're not from the Motherwell area by any chance are you???:D

Kentpaul said:
Light beers are pointless its like ordering a Mcdonelds and ordering a diet coke :lol

Yeah, but you can get 24 of them for 5 bucks. If you are not going to enjoy the taste, whats the difference?

Kentpaul

ConfusingJazz said:
Yeah, but you can get 24 of them for 5 bucks. If you are not going to enjoy the taste, whats the difference?

I do enjoy the taste. This thread of aimed at booze downers and pub crawlers

pub crawling is 10 minutes per bar so you can't sit and enjoy a pint

i have lots of time on a sunday to sit and play pool in my local bar drinking a beer over an hour

Ferrio said:
Didn't know drinking it fast was the objective. All this time I've been trying to savor the taste.
I agree with this statement. It can take me fifteen minutes to drink one Shiner Black sometimes just so I can savor that flavor.

Kentpaul said:
I do enjoy the taste. This thread of aimed at booze downers and pub crawlers

pub crawling is 10 minutes per bar so you can't sit and enjoy a pint

i have lots of time on a sunday to sit and play pool in my local bar drinking a beer over an hour

Then why are you spending money on good beer that you know you aren't going to taste? If I know that I only have a certain amount of time, and my aim is to get drunk, I am not spending more then I have to on Guinness. Give me a bump and a brew of the cheapest well shot, and cheapest bottle of beer.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Kentpaul said:
I Drink to get drunk.
You're drunk right now, aren't you?

Guinness is easier to drink quickly because it's so smooth. Carling, Fosters... typical lagers are sharp, fizzy and ice cold so they're usually harder to down. Plus Guinness isn't particularly more expensive in a pub than other piss-lagers, so if you're going to drink quickly I don't see why you wouldn't drink something nice just because you're not savouring it. I can down a pint in about 10 seconds but it's never something I choose to do, nor something I do regularly. Pretty much only if it's a forfeit for losing a drinking game.

Kentpaul

ConfusingJazz said:
Then why are you spending money on good beer that you know you aren't going to taste? If I know that I only have a certain amount of time, and my aim is to get drunk, I am not spending more then I have to on Guinness. Give me a bump and a brew of the cheapest well shot, and cheapest bottle of beer.

Because i can't down a drink of beer that tastes like shit so i would be sitting with the shit beer for 30 minutes painfully drinking it

Plus its only 30,40 pence a diffrence.

deadbeef

While I can drink Guinness very fast, I usually don't. However, it is extremely satisfying to finish a pint of Guinness in 5 or 6 gulps.

Kentpaul

ToxicAdam said:
No wonder everyone is pissing all over Britain's sidewalks. You people need to switch to 1 shot/pub instead.

Pint and shot in and out in ten minutes :D

While at this i have trouble taking a shot

Kentpaul said:
Because i can't down a drink of beer that tastes like shit so i would be sitting with the shit beer for 30 minutes painfully drinking it

Plus its only 30,40 pence a diffrence.

Oh, see, here in the US, Guinness is one of the more expensive beers, with pints being 5 bucks in Austin.

With specials, I can get a shot and a beer for 2 bucks. Granted, I don't do this very often.

Kentpaul

To buy cans of guiness over here in scotland its pretty expensive compaired to other beers but its worth it with the smooth creamy coffee taste even leaves a white tash above the beer input slot :lol

Kentpaul

jon bones said:
OP is a child.

drink a real stout and you won't want to down it.

Jon bones has never had a night out in a scottish/irish/possibly english city.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Kentpaul said:
Jon bones has never had a night out in a scottish/irish/possibly english city.

been out in london and had a bloody good time, cheers

i love alcohol and make a good living for someone my age. as such, i tend to drink aged whsikey, craft beer, etc. it helps if you don't live off the government.

if i'm going to down something it will be because i just bought patron silver shots for the table.

Kentpaul

jon bones said:
been out in london and had a bloody good time, cheers

i love alcohol and make a good living for someone my age. as such, i tend to drink aged whsikey, craft beer, etc. it helps if you don't live off the government.

if i'm going to down something it will be because i just bought patron silver shots for the table.

Good for you good sir!

Another kentpaul booze topic ruined with a rich gaffer looking down his nose a me :lol

pootle

Kentpaul, I asked earlier but no reply.

Your Buckie bottle avatar = motherwell? ish?

Don't worry, I'm a weedgie so it's not like I can slag you off for it!:D

Kentpaul

pootle said:
Kentpaul, I asked earlier but no reply.

Your Buckie bottle avatar = motherwell? ish?

Don't worry, I'm a weedgie so it's not like I can slag you off for it!:D

Check the pm's man :p i'm from bonnybridge near falkirk my friend , the bucky avatar is just for scot gaf to know i'm from scotland , goddam buckfast is a sweet drink *CRAVES*:lol

I should probably contribute so.. I only down shots (obviously) or stuff if im asked to (Say Ryan, if you down ____drink then ill buy you another drink) for example otherwise I like to drink my cider at a normal pace.

Natural

Last time I downed a pint of Guinness I was sick. :lol

I can down Spirit & Mixers easily though (except for a Double Bells + Coke - eurgh).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom