• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Really simple/obvious stuff that you realized really late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I didn't recognize that there was an R before the P in "surprise" until like a year ago. None of my teachers ever marked that word as spelled wrong in any of my papers all throughout my schooling.

What about you, GAF?

rezuth

You can kill the spore flowers in Arkham Asylum.. You can kill them... kill them...

fuuuuuuuuu.jpg

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Sometimes trucks indicate with their blinkers so you can over take................... sometimes they indicate because they are turning.

:lol

In England a driver blinking his lights at you down a tight street means "you go first", in France it means "GTFO of the way, i'm coming through!!" - realised this halfway across a narrow bridge in Normandy with a huge-ass truck bearing down on me.

Timedog said:
I didn't recognize that there was an R before the P in "surprise" until like a year ago. None of my teachers ever marked that word as spelled wrong in any of my papers all throughout my schooling.

It's funny because it was the word "guarantee/d" for me...I never realized there was a "U" after the "G."

This realization was about a year ago...<_<

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
dragonlife29 said:

It's funny because it was the word "guarantee/d" for me...I never realized there was a "U" after the "G."

This realization was about a year ago...<_<

Not really your fault. Silent letters are useless.

Zenith

Banned
I always thought with most lawnmowers you had to push them yourself. Didn't realise the engine that drives the blades also turns the wheels.

Zenith said:
I always thought with most lawnmowers you had to push them yourself. Didn't realise the engine that drives the blades also turns the wheels.

Some mowers do that. Most gas and electric mowers, you DO have to push yourself.

zoku88

Not sure if this is obvious and it's not me

but one of my friends thought that only single ppl lived in apartments until like a year ago...

Ourobolus

Banned
Timedog said:

What about you, GAF?
Heh, oddly enough I got booted from a spelling bee when I was...six (or so) because of this word. Damn 'R.'

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Ourobolus said:
Heh, oddly enough I got booted from a spelling bee when I was...six (or so) because of this word. Damn 'R.'

I lost the spelling bee in 2nd grade because I got the word blanket and I started putting z's and x's in there.

I never realized why they called a laptop a laptop until like a couple of months earlier. It's because you put it in your lap not because people in labs use it! D=

Judderman

drawer by drawer
That when you take the space out of Flo Rida's name, you get Florida. When I saw his name on TV, it finally clicked and my brother just was shocked at my stupidity/brain-fart moment.

tino

Banned
Judderman said:
That when you take the space out of Flo Rida's name, you get Florida. When I saw his name on TV, it finally clicked and my brother just was shocked at my stupidity/brain-fart moment.

Before I google "Flo Rida", I thought this is some kind of soft drink. Then I thought, wha, did he put any thought into making up his name?

There was an episode of This American Life about this, and the best segment was this one girl who thought that unicorns were an extinct creature, and was casually talking about it at a college party...

When I was really little, I never knew hockey games had only 3 periods, because I kept falling asleep before the end. I thought there were four.

sinxtanx

Not a revelation of my own, but up until a few days ago, my sister thought that Lord of the Rings was written in the 1990's.

+_+

bengraven

This is one of my biggest issues. I'm so smart that sometimes the most obvious things go over my head.

* I was 20 when I realized what "C.R.E.A.M." stood for, despite years of hearing them rap over and over again: "CASH RULES EVERYTHING AROUND ME, C.R.E.A.M. GET YOUR MONEY".

* Broke up with an ex when I was 19 because her ex told me he fucked her the night before and she later, stammering, somewhat admitted to it. I later, like almost ten years later, realized that the disgusting fuck was lying, they had never had sex that night, and my ex was just using it as an excuse to get out of our relationship.

cntr

Banned
sinxtanx said:
Not a revelation of my own, but up until a few days ago, my sister thought that Lord of the Rings was written in the 1990's.

+_+

I thought something similar when I was really young (7-ish?) that LotR was written in the medieval ages type era, mostly because of it's style.

It was actually written between 1937 and 1949, most of it during World War 2, released in 1954-55.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The amount of effort required to get straight A's in high school is worth it if only because it makes the college process so much easier.

Shame I realized that after entering college :\

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I'm bad and I remain bad at spelling

awkward

akward

I don't know why

bud

that you can crawl in modern warfare 2 without having to unlock it

it took me about two days to figure that out

When I was around 5 or 6, I had a dog, Sadie, that bit someone. My mom and dad told me that they were going to send the dog away to a farm in Montana. I agreed, as it would be best that my dog get some proper obedience training. Unfortunately I never saw Sadie again.

About a year ago (I'm 22 now) I was thinking about Sadie and thought to myself, "I wonder how Sadie did in that obedience school in Montana." So, I decided to ask my parents about that. I said, "Hey mom, remember Sadie? Remember how you and Dad sent her to that obedience school in Montana? Did you ever get a progress report or anything from her about how she did over there?" My mom looked at me with a blank stare. "We never sent Sadie to a farm in Montana, we had her put to sleep."

Goddamnit.

Nakazato

KingOfKong said:
When I was around 5 or 6, I had a dog, Sadie, that bit someone. My mom and dad told me that they were going to send the dog away to a farm in Montana. I agreed, as it would be best that my dog get some proper obedience training. Unfortunately I never saw Sadie again.

About a year ago (I'm 22 now) I was thinking about Sadie and thought to myself, "I wonder how Sadie did in that obedience school in Montana." So, I decided to ask my parents about that. I said, "Hey mom, remember Sadie? Remember how you and Dad sent her to that obedience school in Montana? Did you ever get a progress report or anything from her about how she did over there?" My mom looked at me with a blank stare. "We never sent Sadie to a farm in Montana, we had her put to sleep."

Goddamnit.
They owe you a damn dog

Medalion

Banned
By the same token Africa is not a country, but a continent :O

j/k i always knew, but it's surprising how few people know that

Zutroy

I still don't have a clue what language they speak in Africa. I know there's some French in there near the top, but other than that...african? Pretty ignorant of me, really. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom