• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did you know, NeoGAF perm bans for affiliate/referral links?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Did you know that StealieOne not so stealthily snuck referral links into his post?

if you're gonna buy anyway, why not buy from the guy that points out the deals. or is there a rule against posting that here if so i will just remove it.

Struct09

jon bones said:
between the comma in the title and failing to hide your referral link i have to assume your internet skills are at an all time low
Yeah, the comma in the title is driving me insane. I clicked on the thread just to post that, glad to see I'm not the only one.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
That $10 future games shit doesnt work. I bought FFCC:TCB and since bought Borderlands and Bayonetta from Amazon and it didnt take the $10 off either! argh.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Not A Fur said:
are referral links bannable? Or just incredibly gauche?
Pretty sure they were bannable for a little while, at least when the Amazon link at the top of the page was new and functional

Struct09

John Harker said:
That $10 future games shit doesnt work. I bought FFCC:TCB and since bought Borderlands and Bayonetta from Amazon and it didnt take the $10 off either! argh.

It's always worked for me. You sure you tried using it before it expired?

goldenpp72

John Harker said:

They expire within a month I believe.

stealthieOne said:
if you're gonna buy anyway, why not buy from the guy that points out the deals.

Nope

2hp6g7l.gif

John Harker said:

check your email to see when the credit expires. also consider that the credit works for video games only. If you still have problems, just call Amazon and they'll take care of it.

John Harker said:
Mine has always worked, they do expire pretty quick though (within like a month or two usually)

jergrah

nodish2 said:
So if we use his links, what does the OP get in return?

Depending on his Amazon Affiliate standing - anywhere from 8-15% of the total. For example, once your order ships if your product costs $60 - he would see maybe $2.98 or something like that.

goldenpp72

Well if it helps OP, while I don't appreciate attempted trickery, i'm totally ok with you getting a cut for showing the deals.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
nodish2 said:
So if we use his links, what does the OP get in return?
A few % of the sale.

Or if you've already clicked one of those links and want to order something from Amazon but don't want to give him the credit, either wait 24 hours or click through someone else's referral.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
It's not like these are really notable or unusual deals. Every pre-order of Heavy Rain gets the DLC voucher, and Amazon is always doing future credits on big game pre-orders. Not exactly a scoop or anything.

Top Bottom