• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|PS3| MLB '10 Tourney #1

Zep

Banned
All 1st round games must be done by the 12th

Settings to play by:

Difficulty - HOF

Guess Pitch - Off

Strike Zone - On/Off - Its your call here, no matter right now.

Hot/Cold Zone - Off

Presentation - Fast Play On

mlbtourney.png

• Better ranked team is home(if other person needs to host, no big deal)

• All teams in bold have a first round bye. The only way I could set up a 24man tournament. Names were drawn out of a hat.

• For each round you advance, you must use another SP. We'll go with a 3-man rotation and you can use anybody you want 2-4 if you advance past the first

• With regards to pitching, I prefer you attack the zone(like um, most pitchers) and just set a tone. But notice I said "prefer" which means guys batting..stay back and watch some pitches and don't go complaining if you continually swing at bad pitches

• Stealing - Don't be an asshole and steal with Jorge Posada or Ortiz. If you put Carl Crawford on base, tough shit..They put a new pickoff feature in the game this year, use it :D

• Matrix will not get out of the first round

• Players battling for their respective teams(Astros, Mariners) these two tournaments will decide who gets the team depending on how far you get in each one. So this is your tryout.

• If you can't make it to play in this first tournament, no problem. If you can't play the 2nd one...don't expect to play in the league.

Hopefully they finally fixed the netcode. Here's a quote from their community manager:
If our games and other games I played against NYC guys are any indication of how online is this year I think you guys will be pleased.

Everyone participating will be sent a PM.

Thanks Fellas and hopefully this works out.

MrBob
PSN: MrBob2k7
AIM: mrbob2k1

Smoke
PSN : dbswisha
AIM: dboythagr8

Nightz
PSN: N1ghtz
AIM: nightz gaf

Matrix
PSN - matrixadw
AIM- adoubledg

Rors
AIM: Hawakubo
PSN: Bigdikcharlie96

Lambtron
PSN: ZackMoney
AIM: Jingourou

BigAT
PSN - BigggAT
AIM - CommandoAT

Livewire
PSN ID: Atreides815
AIM: Atreides815

Pistolpete
PSN pistolpete294
AIM kissmyairsbum

eznark
psn: thekranz
aim: bpqb7

Denog
PSN: Denogginizer
AIM: Magnoggin

storybook
PSN: Storybook77
AIM: Storybook1977

rareside
PSN: octoco
AIM: rareside

Pheeniks
PSN: york887
AIM: thepheeniks

DM
PSN: dmczaf

AIM: dmczafx23

Mrbob

Do I get bonus runs for destroying Milton Bradley with headhunting fastballs by Big Z?

PSN: MrBob2k7
AIM: mrbob2k1

Smokey

Kanzolo..I don't know who you are , but I'm sorry you're matched up against me in the 1st round.

PSN : dbswisha
AIM: dboythagr8

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
"Players battling for their respective teams(Astros, Mariners) these two tournaments will decide who gets the team depending on how far you get in each one. So this is your tryout."

That's some bs, tryout? :lol

What happened to the best out of 3 head to head like it's been done in the past.

I get to face you using the Pirates and Mig has to face Sanjuro using the Red Sox, that's if Mig will show up.... no pun intended.

I have no clue how good Sanjuro is, but he clearly is using a better team against Mig than you are against me.

Mrbob

Take the deal and run, Matrix. You are going to get further than Mig in the tourney. Unless you choke a game away! :D

I still don't understand why Zep is using the Pirates. :x

Smokey

Matrix said:
"Players battling for their respective teams(Astros, Mariners) these two tournaments will decide who gets the team depending on how far you get in each one. So this is your tryout."

That's some bs, tryout? :lol

What happened to the best out of 3 head to head like it's been done in the past.

I get to face you using the Pirates and Mig has to face Sanjuro using the Red Sox, that's if Mig will show up.... no pun intended.

I have no clue how good Sanjuro is, but he clearly is using a better team against Mig than you are against me.

Yeah well at least you get to play for your team..as usual..you fuck it up for me

:/

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Yea it's a deal, but it's kinda fucked up :\

:lol @ Smokey

Maybe I shouldn't have been on GAF since 1999 or so :lol Or born before you. Not sure how I fuck this up for you since Ive been in the leagues way before you popped up on GAF.

Nightz

Heck yeah, already made it past the first round!
This will be the farthest I ever get.

PSN: N1ghtz
AIM: nightz gaf

Matrix

Oh yea

PSN - matrixadw
AIM- adoubledg

Rorschach

Made it further than MiG and I haven't played MLB in ages. Suck it down, Miggles!

AIM: Hawakubo
PSN: Bigdikcharlie96

Smokey

Matrix said:
Yea it's a deal, but it's kinda fucked up :\

:lol @ Smokey

Maybe I shouldn't have been on GAF since 1999 or so :lol Or born before you. Not sure how I fuck this up for you since Ive been in the leagues way before you popped up on GAF.

Officially (under this name at least) you've been here one year longer than me, unofficially I've been here just as long as you have. Came over from Blast City (best forum evar) way back in the late 90s when the only way you could view this forum was in that linear style:lol

What is fucked up is I don't even get to play you for them. Didn't get to in Madden either but ok.

BigAT

Just a fair warning, I likely won't be around at all on the 6th. St. Patrick's Day in Hoboken, which could very well incapacitate me well into the 7th.

PSN - BigggAT
AIM - CommandoAT

Mrbob

Wait...something doesn't add up with using the tourney for team selection. With the Mariners at least. You have DM in a first round game, and Blackace has a bye!

How is this going to balance out? You'll have to stick DM in a bye in the second tourney.

Honestly, you might be better with head to head. This could get messy trying to determine who had a better tourney seeding. Baseball is a strange game where you can have an off game and lose if you can't hit for a game. Putting teams on single elimation tourney, while most likely not playing each other, could be a tough fit. It also depends on the matchup you draw too. Like Matrix said, certain people can get tougher draws.

Matrix

Smokey said:
Officially (under this name at least) you've been here one year longer than me, unofficially I've been here just as long as you have. Came over from Blast City (best forum evar) way back in the late 90s.

Why didn't you ever play then? You made yourself known to us like a year or two ago which started with only the 2k basketball leagues. It doesn't matter though, you still keep coming across now like I keep stealing your team, which is confusing to me.

We have had vet rules for all leagues for years. I gave up the Rockets to you cause I clearly knew you were a huge basketball fan and much better than me at the game. Yet I still get shit from you, not sure if you're joking or not.

Why should I have to challenge you or give you the team when I have been a constant reliable league vet for a decade? GAF set vet rules years ago. I'm not even sure why I have to fight for the team again with Mig.

That's like FMT giving up his 49ERS or Bob his Bears/Cubs.

Zep

Banned
Mrbob said:
Wait...something doesn't add up with using the tourney for team selection. With the Mariners at least. You have DM in a first round game, and Blackace has a bye!

How is this going to balance out? You'll have to stick DM in a bye in the second tourney.

Honestly, you might be better with head to head. This could get messy trying to determine who had a better tourney seeding. Baseball is a strange game where you can have an off game and lose if you can't hit for a game. Putting teams on single elimation tourney, while most likely not playing each other, could be a tough fit. It also depends on the matchup you draw too. Like Matrix said, certain people can get tougher draws.

Tough shit..?

Smokey

Matrix said:
Why didn't you ever play then? You made yourself known to us like a year or two ago which started with only the 2k basketball leagues. It doesn't matter though, you still keep coming across now like I keeping stealing your team, which is confusing to me.

We have had vet rules for all leagues for years. I gave up the Rockets to you cause I clearly knew you were a huge basketball fan and much better than me at the game. Yet I still get shit from you, not sure if you're joking or not.

Why should I have to challenge you or give you the team when I have been a constant reliable league vet for a decade? GAF set vet rules years ago. I'm not even sure why I have to fight for the team again with Mig.

That's like FMT giving up his 49ERS or Bob his Bears/Cubs.

I do not wish to fight with you brother.

We are one
in a way!

Mrbob

Gaffers fighting over playing as the Disassssssstros of all teams good times.

CB3 said:
Good.

Your lazy madden shit wont fly here Bob!

MLB n00b. :D Madden is the exception, not the rule for me.

Matrix

Ok cool, no problem Smokey.

But I'm with Bob and I might pull out of this rigged tourney and Mig can just have the team. I don't think this is cool at all.

Dm also sucks ass at Show or has in the past and he gets fucked as much as Mig. I'm not down with this.

Head to head was fine in the past, why mess with it?

Smokey

Matrix said:

But I'm with Bob and I might pull out of this rigged tourney and Mig can just have the team. I don't think this is cool at all.

Dm also sucks ass at Show or has in the past and he gets fucked as much as Mig. I'm not down with this.

:lol

Zep

Banned
Matrix said:

He wouldn't have it any easier playing Blackace head to head..

It's not that big an issue. You pretty much control how the game goes.. Play the game.

Matrix

Yea, but the bye for Blackace already gives him a head to head lead against DM for the team, a random pull a name out of a hat that is weak on the internet has basically made Dm have to fight harder for his team.

Dm has to make it past Bob and the Cubs just to get where Blackace is :lol

eznark

Banned
is there an easy way to add a bunch of people to your psn list, like through playstation.com or something?

Matrix

:lol

Haha Mig gets rareside, dude is most likely much better than me. I saw his MLB show profile, Mig am doomed.

Thank you Zep.

Matrix

Mrbob said:
DM you just lucked out. I see Zep moved you from playing me in the first round.

We fought for him and I don't think he really gives a shit :lol

Dammit, I won't have the game for at least 2-3 weeks and can't go online until 3rd week of March... so much for being to the Mets tourney. :C

Well played, LJ11... well played.

also FREE MRBOB AS COMMISIONER OF THE FOREVER!

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
my wife and I have evening plans for Saturday. If I am going to play, it will have to be early in the day Saturday or Sunday.

DenogginizerOS said:
I am not a fan of having to play the Yankees in the first round. Are there other people interested in the Braves? If not, I don't see the purpose of me playing in this tourney other than to test connections and see who can play.

Also, my wife and I have evening plans for Saturday. If I am going to play, it will have to be early in the day Saturday or Sunday.

I would LOVE to have the Braves but since I'm a newbie in MLB online, I assumed I wouldn't get to play for them so I picked the Rockies instead.

We're supposed to be able to pick this up today right?

Better be..don't wanna have to make a bronx trip now do I?

Top Bottom