• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 10 League: Zep's a No Show....again

Doytch

Damn, good series. Blowouts for the first two games, and then a tight one in the third. That HR by Morales in the third game on the inside slider was nuts. :lol

BigAT

Doytch said:
Damn, good series. Blowouts for the first two games, and then a tight one in the third. That HR by Morales in the third game on the inside slider was nuts. :lol
Yeah, he tends to get a bullshit home run like that every once in a while. I think it was actually his second one in the series that had no business being a home run.

Game 2 really stunk. Four errors in a single game is just plain frustrating. I think it was 6-0 as far as errors go for the series.

Very good series though. I wish it was best of 7, I feel like it would have been a fun series that went at least 6 or 7.

By the way, Vernon Wells is like impossible to pitch to. Besides the fact anything he hits is a home run, he waves his bat like a mad man right in front of the pitching meter and it's impossible for me to concentrate. I feel like I ended up grooving a couple right down the plate for him as a result.

Doytch

BigAT said:
Yeah, he tends to get a bullshit home run like that every once in a while. I think it was actually his second one in the series that had no business being a home run.

Game 2 really stunk. Four errors in a single game is just plain frustrating. I think it was 6-0 as far as errors go for the series.
Yeah that was dumb. Morales dropped like three of those throws, and he's a pretty good fielder IRL.
Very good series though. I wish it was best of 7, I feel like it would have been a fun series that went at least 6 or 7.
Would've been nice. Best of five, at least. What are the options on this LJ?
By the way, Vernon Wells is like impossible to pitch to. Besides the fact anything he hits is a home run, he waves his bat like a mad man right in front of the pitching meter and it's impossible for me to concentrate. I feel like I ended up grooving a couple right down the plate for him as a result.
Vernon Wells has horrible ratings, but I always mash with him for some reason. Even offline, he was leading my team in HR and near the top of the league.

Sanjuro

pistolpete2940 said:
Hell yea man, insane game. Tonight same time? Earlier should be fine too
Yeah. Should be good. I also think it is pretty stupid that they don't adjust stamina for the postseason. Stats/Standings/etc. not to mention.

Doytch

0iKvl.jpg

"GOAT."

Sanjuro

I was hoping to do more, but I may pass to give Madden/NHL/NBA leagues some time. LJ you still getting Madden?

I really shouldn't have played my series with Doytch last night. By the last game I could barely move my fingers to aim pitches. :(

Doytch

I'd probably be down. I'm gonna be taking a week-long vacation over the Labour Day weekend though...
JambiBum said:
I would like to do another run. I might also jump into the NHL league though. Or at least a club team. Haven't decided yet.
Are they doing the EASHL thing again, or a league like this? I did the EASHL one in 10 and hated it. Bunch of cheap fuckers all the time.

JambiBum

Doytch said:
I'd probably be down. I'm gonna be taking a week-long vacation over the Labour Day weekend though...

Are they doing the EASHL thing again, or a league like this? I did the EASHL one in 10 and hated it. Bunch of cheap fuckers all the time.

I think it's a bit of both. The EASHL is good in theory but the way certain teams play just completely ruins it.

Mrbob

Congrats Doytch!

My schedule gets a bit more hectic in a couple weeks, so I'll still try to play if we are going to continue. If we are advancing every Wednesday and Sunday on three games I might have to sit out. Don't think I'll have time to do 6 games in a week.

But at least we finally made it through a full season!

turnbuckle

Any word on when we can expect S3? Was there enough interest in one? I go back to school in 2 weeks but I can fit MLB in the schedule.

LJ11

With dominicanboy's PS3 giving out on him, Sanjuro passing, I think we should just call it a year and wait for the new version.

At least we have a solid group of guys going forward and we won't have to deal with bullshit since we're all familiar with one another.

Thanks to all who participated, it was a lot of fun on my end.

Sanjuro

Yeah, it was alot of fun. I think the biggest problem was the first failed run. I'm all in next season but start with a good core of people and just blaze through it problems or not. Then go into season two with the tweaks set in mind.

Doytch

Yeah, sounded like it might've been tough getting a decent amount of people.

But yeah people, send me a msg on PSN (Doytch) if you see me on and want to get a game in. I mostly play franchise/rtts so I can just save & quit out of it.

turnbuckle

LJ11 said:
With dominicanboy's PS3 giving out on him, Sanjuro passing, I think we should just call it a year and wait for the new version.

At least we have a solid group of guys going forward and we won't have to deal with bullshit since we're all familiar with one another.

Thanks to all who participated, it was a lot of fun on my end.

Sounds like a good idea. Was a fun couple of seasons and 2011 should be even better.

Doytch said:
But yeah people, send me a msg on PSN (Doytch) if you see me on and want to get a game in. I mostly play franchise/rtts so I can just save & quit out of it.

Ditto.

Top Bottom