• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 3 Announced, coming this holiday, further confirms 2010 as Best Year Ever

DuckRacer

Harmonix twitters said:
VIacom CEO and President Philippe Dauman has confirmed that Harmonix is working on Rock Band 3, for release Holiday 2010! WOOO!
No details as of yet, they'll probably be coming soon though.

Iksenpets

Banned
I'm having trouble seeing this game as necessary unless they're really doing something to shake the genre up. If Rock Band Beatles couldn't manage to set the world on fire, I can't imagine what it would take for Rock Band 3 to be successful only 2 years out from Rock Band 2.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Partial RB3 wishlist (RBGAF feel free to contribute)

*Vocal harmonies
*Ability to rate and favorite song
*Collapsible sorting (press a button to be able to sort by band and not include their songs)
*Detailed stat tracking (HoN and Smash Bros like)
*Ability to hide songs (that way I don't have to scroll by Down With the Sickness when my friend's mom is around)
*Steal party play from GH5
*Challenges that are actually unique (not just play 2 songs in a row and get the highest score)

And to the people who say it is unnecessary, there a ton of improvements that can be made to Rock Band, primarily with its presentation and feature set.

This is coming as well as Rock Band: Green Day? Even though Activision got a lot of deserved criticism for milking the Guitar Hero franchise Harmonix hasn't been much better.

Sipowicz said:
meh neither surprising nor particularly exciting
This.

But I'll still buy it. :\

electroshockwave said:
This is coming as well as Rock Band: Green Day? Even though Activision got a lot of deserved criticism for milking the Guitar Hero franchise Viacom hasn't been much better.
Fixed that for you.

ElNarez

Banned
electroshockwave said:
This is coming as well as Rock Band: Green Day? Even though Activision got a lot of deserved criticism for milking the Guitar Hero franchise Harmonix hasn't been much better.
Two games a year is far less than what Activision has been giving us.

KittyKittyBangBang said:
This fails without a keyboard
keytar.jpg

I demand a keytar peripheral!

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
btw guys your keyboard peripheral is never coming. Most songs which have prominent piano sections are charted to the guitar.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Archie said:

*Vocal harmonies
*Collapsible sorting (press a button to be able to sort by band and not include their songs)
*Ability to hide songs (that way I don't have to scroll by Down With the Sickness when my friend's mom is around)
*Challenges that are actually unique (not just play 2 songs in a row and get the highest score)

And to the people who say it is unnecessary, there a ton of improvements that can be made to Rock Band, primarily with its presentation and feature set.
I totally agree. Rock Band could use so many improvements.

I think they should have the ability to create songs like in Guitar Hero too. I had a lot of fun with that.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Gonna need to be something special to get me interested again. I'm ready to be excited for Rock Band again, please just step it up

I need to get Rock Band 2 now. I'm still happy playing good old Rock Band. :lol

Providing setlist is good, and I can import everything from 1 and 2, I'm there.

daegan

electroshockwave said:

The difference is people actually want Rock Band games.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
kenta said:
Gonna need to be something special to get me interested again. I'm ready to be excited for Rock Band again, please just step it up
Lady Gaga DLC will work in RB3. :)

Foliorum Viridum said:
I need to get Rock Band 2 now. I'm still happy playing good old Rock Band. :lol

Providing setlist is good, and I can import everything from 1 and 2, I'm there.
We know for a fact that RB1 songs will work (since it is already on your hard drive and treated as DLC) and nearly everything from RB2 should hopefully export. Hopefully Harmonix learned their lesson and doesn't have another snafu like they did in RB1 where Enter Sandman, Paranoid and Run to the Hills didn't export.

fna84 said:
Wheres my Frequency sequel?

:(
On your Playstation Portable Entertainment System.

I think they should have the ability to create songs like in Guitar Hero too. I had a lot of fun with that.

Waste of time, no thanks

*Vocal harmonies

Minor additions:
*sort by date downloaded
*ability to soldier on through a playlist when you fail a song
*ability to manage song database from within game (which would allow us sad PS3 owners to get rid of individual songs)

BobsRevenge said:
Shit, I didn't know this existed. Too bad it doesn't seem to be anything for the PS3 version. Such bullshit.
That's because RBN is based on the XNA platform. Harmonix has already stated that they're going to take the "best stuff from RBN" (whatever that means) and release it on PS3 and Wii themselves.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
ElNarez said:
It broke the million.
~1.75 million iirc. Still a bomba compared to the hype and the cost of the Beatles license.

drmcclin said:
Minor additions:
*sort by date downloaded
*ability to soldier on through a playlist when you fail a song
*ability to manage song database from within game (which would allow us sad PS3 owners to get rid of individual songs)
*iirc that metadata isn't in any of the songs so it is a no go. :/
*agreed
*agreed

Tomasooie said:
Haven't they said that they are going to really change it up this time around?
There was an interview with Dhani Harrison where he was talking about how there would be new instruments that will teach you the real thing, but HMX kinda backpedaled on his statements so who knows. I doubt people are going to drop any more money for plastic instruments anymore.

BobsRevenge said:
Shit, I didn't know this existed. Too bad it doesn't seem to be anything for the PS3 version. Such bullshit.
Well the most popular songs will be showing up on the PS3 and Wii. The XNA framework allows for songs to be quickly uploaded to the RBN store.

bumpkin

I know GH5 already did it, but I really dug the idea of being able to use an NXE avatar in-game... It'd be cool if RB3 had the same feature. :D

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Haunted said:
They're still making those? I thought Activision ruined it for everyone.
Activision ruined it for Activision. The Rock Band franchise has over 65 million paid downloads and is still going strong. :bow HMX :bow2

vgachi57

not that this is going to happen, but i would really like the option to select number of keys used that is independent of the difficulty, ala beatmania. so for guitar, you could select 3-, 4-, 5-key, then pick the difficulty of the song. same with the drum. i like playing the game but can't seem to reorient my fingers whenever i have to reach for the orange key. yes this is a user error, but honestly i'd like to just play a higher difficulty with the 4 buttons, or even 3 buttons like guitarfreaks.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I guess they realized that Green Day alone would force the to pay their bonuses back faster!

Top Bottom