• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony's Qriocity (Video on Demand service) coming to PS3, PSP soon?

Jim

Didn't see this mentioned yet.

Anyone else read the new PSN Terms of Service (yes, I read them usually) that was updated this morning? There are some rather large revisions in there, mostly dealing with the Qriocity Video on Demand service.

The PS3 and PSP are now supported devices. You can even see them listed when you log into www.qriocity.com with your PSN ID.

One of the blurbs... rest of the new ToS here.

To access Sony Online Services, you must create an appropriate Sony Online Service account (either a PSN account or Qriocity account). Through Qriocity’s Video on Demand service (“VOD”), you may purchase and view content using selected BRAVIA televisions or Sony Blu-ray Disc players (“VOD Devices”). Through PSN, you may purchase content and services offered on either PSN or Qriocity, such as new levels for your favorite games, comics, movies, television shows or original programs. You may view your content using SCEA-authorized devices, including a PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system, PSP (PlayStation Portable) systems, personal computers and VOD Devices. You will also be able to participate in SCEA’s online community in PSN and PlayStation Home, (including chatting via voice and video with your friends) and play games online. Existing PSN accounts will not have to create a separate Qriocity account to enjoy the benefits of Qriocity. If you’ve created a Qriocity account, you may transition that account to a PSN account. Sony Online Services may not be available, or may not be supported, in some countries and some languages.

Oni Jazar

What is it with Sony not understanding phonics?

EDIT: WHOA-hoahoa this is interesting. It looks like you might be able to DEACTIVATE PS3s from this website?

o6y2rs.jpg

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
"Qriocity". :lol

Keyser Soze said:
Another thing I cannot fucking pronounce, great!

You can't pronounce "curiosity"?

jaypah said:
why couldn't they have just called it video on demand?

That's far too simple for Sony's tastes!

Just got the "The family of Qriocity services is not available in your country." in Ireland

I will never be using this thing then. ByeQirious

JaseC

I have 3, which sounds about right. One is my own, and two belong to my friend who went through two PS3s.

The thing is, there are two PS3s registered on the same date. :lol There's no way of knowing which one is mine.

Edit: Oh, you still have to log in on the particular console you wish to deactivate. Fucking stupid.

Edit 2: My primary (AU) account doesn't work with the site, as expected.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Oni Jazar said:

EDIT: WHOA-hoahoa this is interesting. It looks like you might be able to DEACTIVATE PS3s from this website?

Nice.

I tried it but its filtered at work due to sex. That's weird.

One thing that looked interesting in the video I saw of this program was something called a Media Library. I wonder if that can work with media stored locally to organize it and pull info Boxee style. If so, that would be fantastic.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I have two PS3s registered on 12/22/2007?
How?!

I want to deactivate all of them! I was so careless back then with my account and my PS3 is now dead!

Crisco

Banned
Hmmmm, so it looks like Sony may be rolling all their PSN content into this one service, much like MS did with the Zune Marketplace. Great news if true.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Sheesh, it will actually create a special PSP file for you to download and run to deactivate your PSP.

Do this for PS3 Sony.

JaseC

Being able to deactivate PS3s online as simple as the Qriocity website leads you to believe would save so much trouble, particularly if your PS3 dies.

Make it happen, Sony. You're so close!

Edit: It's also worth mentioning the website grabs the country info from the PSN account you log in with, not via IP.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
One PS3 and One PSP.

Got that right. :D

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Give it a few more years, a "gaming" console will be the only box you'll have hooked up to your TV.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
John Harker said:
Give it a few more years, a "gaming" console will be the only box you'll have hooked up to your TV.

my tv has an apple tv and three gaming consoles hooked up.

something tells me none of the gaming consoles are going to run xbmc, so i don't think i'll be getting rid of the media center box :p

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Baki said:
So...How is this different from the PSN video store?

The video store is buy-to-own/download and download rentals, right?

This is on demand streaming.

Of course, I can't be sure because we don't have any video service at all here :p

V_Ben

Banned
Oni Jazar said:

o6y2rs.jpg

awesome.

woodypop

What a dumb name.

Yeah, it's supposed to be "Curiosity," but I keep seeing Curio-city, Creo-city, Cryo-city and Queerio-city, probably due to an off-color joke I heard as a kid.

Top Bottom