• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony's Qriocity (Video on Demand service) coming to PS3, PSP soon?

onken

You can only deactivate your PlayStation 3 system from the PlayStation®Network using your PS3™ system. You cannot deactivate it using a PSP (PlayStation®Portable) system or PC.

Oh :/

Baki

gofreak said:
The video store is buy-to-own/download and download rentals, right?

This is on demand streaming.

Of course, I can't be sure because we don't have any video service at all here :p

Ok...I see. I wonder why theres no UK presence. Us brits are quorious.

electroshockwave said:
So if this is pronounced Cu-riosity what is Qore supposed to be, Cuore? Stop being Qunts Sony.

:lol :lol

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
woodypop said:
Weah, it's supposed to be "Curiosity," but I keep seeing Curio-city, Creo-city, Cryo-city and Queerio-city, probably due to an off-color joke I heard as a kid.

:lol

tzare

Oni Jazar said:
What is it with Sony not understanding phonics?

EDIT: WHOA-hoahoa this is interesting. It looks like you might be able to DEACTIVATE PS3s from this website?

o6y2rs.jpg
you can't, it gives you a link to Playstation online faq. I hope they allow this someday though

I know its off topic, but how easy is it to get my old dead system deactivated? I want to use the video store on my new one but cant deactivate my old system without calling Sony.

tzare

gamerecks said:
I know its off topic, but how easy is it to get my old dead system deactivated? I want to use the video store on my new one but cant deactivate my old system without calling Sony.
i think it is impossible without calling sony

AndyD

aka andydumi
gamerecks said:
Thats what I thought. Anybody have experience calling them? Can I just ask them to deactivate my first system and be done with it?

If you have the serial number and your login info it should be pretty easy. At least that's what people are reporting.

If you have no serial number, then its a bitch.

andycapps

Stumpokapow said:
my tv has an apple tv and three gaming consoles hooked up.

something tells me none of the gaming consoles are going to run xbmc, so i don't think i'll be getting rid of the media center box :p

That sucks. But HTPC's are definitely going to be the way to go in the years to come.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Oh shit, so we can deactivate our PS3s now?

Waits for the inevitable moment when my shared games don't work anymore :lol

Man

So what is Qriocity? Does it stream videos? (I mean, it must separate itself from the PS Video store somehow)

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Metalmurphy said:
You've always been able to deactivate PS3s >.<
It's always tied to the specific hardware the activation is on though right?

Didn't know it lead you to a faq btw, so guess no outcry yet. Doubt Sony will allow this anyway as that would mean they will lose even more sales.

yurinka

-Does it means we will be able to see the PSP comics using the PS3?
-Will Qriosity be available in pre2010 FullHD Bravias?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Teetris said:
It's always tied to the specific hardware the activation is on though right?

Didn't know it lead you to a faq btw, so guess no outcry yet. Doubt Sony will allow this anyway as that would mean they will lose even more sales.

Huh?

yurinka

Man said:
So what is Qriocity? Does it stream videos? (I mean, it must separate itself from the PS Video store somehow)
Looks like it is a service that gives you access to the video, game, comics PSN stores using video on demand, so this stuff now also can be purchased or viewed in a 2010 Bravia TV, some BlueRay players, Vaios... I think they would expand it soon to other Sony gadgets.

AndyD said:
If you have the serial number and your login info it should be pretty easy. At least that's what people are reporting.

If you have no serial number, then its a bitch.
It's basically impossible if you don't have it. I tried and was basically left with "welp you're fucked if you don't have physical access to the old machine" after talking on the phone for 30 minutes. It's really retarded that they won't let you just deactivate all systems from any PS3, or at least let you have the option to pick and choose like I thought this website would allow. That or fix the awful video DRM so that I can use it on more than 1 machine...

AFAIK Sony's Qriocity is something similar to netflix vod right? Where you pay a certain amount every month and you can stream an unlimited amount of videos. This would be a separate app compared to the videos you get on the PS Store which you can own and/or just pay to rent one particular video.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
This is now live in the UK. I registered my TV and Sony emailed me a £15 credit. Offer is still open if you create a master account and link it to a device (I don't know if that include PS3s here yet)

It's ppv and the catalogue isn't great, but having it built into the TV is surprisingly convenient. Along with iplayer etc I think Internet video will be a must have for future Tv purchases

Top Bottom