• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pirates Of The Caribbean: Armada Of The Damned Trailer

falconzss

i really hope for this to turn out well since i'd love to see a good pirate-themed rpg. the stuff shown in the trailer looked good IMO.

Pooya

When there is a PC version why they show this slideshow?
anyway I've been starving for a pirate themed game, this is looking good.

squicken

Surprise of the show for me in terms of quality. When they announced the trailer, I was expecting to see an awful looking licensed game. But it actually has some potential. Open world is always good, the ship stuff looked cool. Combat looked button mashing-ish which is always the worry.

I'm looking forward to the platforming/exploration bits. BUT the graphics are so bland, it's "colorful" but the colors are saturated. Doesn't draw me

EDIT: Also, what's with the kiddie show narration of features? UGH

methodman

Banned
Just thinking about this: Red Dead Redemption was to western games like xxx was to pirate games. CAN THIS BE THE XXX?!?!

Teknoman

methodman said:
Just thinking about this: Red Dead Redemption was to western games like xxx was to pirate games. CAN THIS BE THE XXX?!?!

Possiblity. Im going to want multiplayer freeroam in all open world games now though.

JBaird

Banned
I'm not so sure that's the framerate, at least that's not my issue. The video is pretty choppy, not the framerate.

SamuraiX-

The thing that really turns me off is the art design. When I think of Pirates of the Caribbean, I think of a more Red Dead Redemption art style. A more nitty-gritty type of design as opposed to colorful and exaggerated theme.

Personally, this is why I hope R*SD eventually attempts the production of a pirate style game.

Gorgon

methodman said:

No, we still have to wait for XXX. This looks interesting and I may get this if it proves to be any good, but I'm not holding my breath. Art direction, combat, etc felt quite meh to me. Still it's a pirates game so let's see.

Totobeni said:
GB's Jeff was kinda hyped for this ( from what he said it's like Mass Effects with pirates ).

This game was completely unknown to me until I heard Jeff talking about it. I was excited to read more about it later that day. I can't wait for this game. I can't WAIT TO PILOT A FUCKING PIRATE SHIP AGAIN.

This actually looks pretty good. At first glance the games visuals aren't my favorite style, but there is something charming about them. Is this going to be an open sandbox style game?

Darklord

Banned
Jesus christ, the voice over guy was...a poor voice.

The game looks ok but I still have no hype for it yet. I'm kinda over PotC unless it adds deep gameplay.

Gorgon

Darklord said:
Jesus christ, the voice over guy was...a poor voice.

The game looks ok but I still have no hype for it yet. I'm kinda over PotC unless it adds deep gameplay.

My problem essentially with this game is what (little) we know about the combat. We know there will be parries and counter-attacks and so on, and that sounds good, but what I see is a somewhat arcadish gameplay with spells (fuck that) and splash-damage and shit. This isn't really what I was hoping for.

I need more info, though.

Top Bottom