• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Vietnam Trailer [EA-CONF]

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Battlefield Bad Company 2 Vietnam Expansion Pack Trailer

Bazajaytee said:
On stage at the EA E3 press conference we announced a new expansion of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 with a new take on a Battlefield franchise favourite, Vietnam. In Battlefield Bad Company 2 Vietnam you get to enter the jungle warfare environment as either the U.S. Marines or North Vietnamese Army (NVA). The expansion pack contains 4 brand new maps built in Frostbite including the popular Conquest and Rush game modes as well as Vietnam specific weapons, vehicles, persistence, unlocks as well as new awards, achievements and trophies.
Battlefield Bad Company 2 Vietnam will be available worldwide in Winter 2010 on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC

Hawt.

Absolutely sick! BF Vietnam was such a badass game. Not much has topped sweeping into enemy territory in a Huey blasting Fortunate Son, much like in the trailer. :D I hope you can still transport vehicles with the transport heli.

I honestly thought outside of VIP mode packs and Onslaught they were done with BFBC2. Glad to see I was wrong. Only problem is its winter release.

Now give us more mode packs DICE!

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Looks sweet, but now I know how DICE are gonna get around their "we won't charge for just maps on PC" line. Expansions.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
poppabk said:
Looks sweet, but now I know how DICE are gonna get around their "we won't charge for just maps on PC" line. Expansions.
Yup i thought the same.
The expansion pack seems to have the same content as the retail disc! Thats sick.
I still hope they will release new maps for 'vanilla BFBC2'

Probably missed it but do you need BFBC2 in order to play the expansion? (probably yes, just thought i'd ask)

DICE needs to get to fixing the damn lag before grabbing for more money, wtf.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
thx for the thread Fersis.
So its four maps with Rush and Conquest.. hmmm

Any word on the price? Bf1943 had four map and was what? 1600 points for standalone game?

Wonder since they're calling this an expansion not DLC if it will be the same or more

JDSN

Banned
Jesus, does every huey helicopter starts to automatically play that song when they fly over jungles?

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
JDSN said:
Jesus, does every huey helicopter starts to automatically play that song when they fly over jungles?
Some play Ride of the Valkyries

Darklord

Banned
JDSN said:

I just play "EVERYBODY HEARD ABOUT THE BIRD B-B-B-B-BIRD BIRD BIRD BIRD IS THE WORD" as I slam head on with a tank while flying a huey loaded with explosives.

markot

Banned
Wait, so its just 4 maps >_>? Sounds more like DLC then anything... although it sounds nicer than normal dlc....

todahawk

The Faceless Master said:
so i guess this explains why they haven't released any maps... they never planned to.

I'm guessing this is how the rationalize "we don't charge for map packs". They consider this an "expansion pack".

Either way, I'm interested... just gimme more info.

Dynamic3

We don't want to segregate our players, so we won't charge for maps. We do charge for expansion packs though. Expansion packs that include four maps.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Four maps... I said that earlier today as a joke.

Yopis

Im excited about this I guess, is it stupid to still want maps on bfbc2 though? It's like between this and MOH bfbc2 was a sort of place holder. Btw if any gaffers see me on the 360 list playing feel free to invite me randoms are killing me.

Yeah, only four maps, but you guys forget these aren't just ANY maps, they're BC2 maps, which means each map is playable in 4 modes (with your VIP code)! 16 maps!

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Blast Processing said:
Yeah, only four maps, but you guys forget these aren't just ANY maps, they're BC2 maps, which means each map is playable in 4 modes (with your VIP code)! 16 maps!

Two of those modes are worthless and Bad Company maps are always better in Rush. Conquest is old school Battlefield, but it's been mishandled in the BC games.

It's four maps, guy. Four maps.

yeah . . . looks fantastic.

Will not buy.

2 months in and BFBC2 keeps getting more and more lag and the Medic is still the only class worth playing.

4 maps - we can only hope that that is 4 conquest and 4 rush maps - not 2 of each. Price will matter - but BF 1943 at $15 was a great deal so if it is 4 maps for each mode then that wouldn't be bad. However, with Dice working on MoH MP what man hour commitment can we expect for this game post release?

Dynamic3 said:
We don't want to segregate our players, so we won't charge for maps. We do charge for expansion packs though. Expansion packs that include four maps.
Exactly what I was thinking. A handful of new maps, factions, guns and vehicles. Sounds a little more than the booster packs they weren't going to ever do because "it separates the community." I can't complain though if the price is right because of how fucking awesome BC2 is (with any luck it will be free on PC...haha yeah right).

Blast Processing said:

Yeah, not falling for this bullshit again. What a disappointment that was.

I love BC2.

the_prime_mover said:
yeah . . . looks fantastic.

Will not buy.

2 months in and BFBC2 keeps getting more and more lag and the Medic is still the only class worth playing.

4 maps - we can only hope that that is 4 conquest and 4 rush maps - not 2 of each. Price will matter - but BF 1943 at $15 was a great deal so if it is 4 maps for each mode then that wouldn't be bad. However, with Dice working on MoH MP what man hour commitment can we expect for this game post release?
or maybe it's 1 map with all 4 modes!

Wthermans

Banned
Only 4 maps? That probably means no BFV remakes. Unless there are some new features I hope this isn't more than $15-20. I'll buy it regardless though as I love the Vietnam weaponry and DICE games. :eek:

So are these the free maps I was promised?

Will this be retail or DLC? If it's the former it'll go down in price and I might get it at some point.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I don't even understand the point of that trailer. All of the assets looked to be straight from normal BC2.

MGHA

JDSN said:

douchevagdemo.gif

Psyched about this. Fortunate Son being in the trailer alone is worth it. I wish they'd remake some Battlefield Vietnam maps rather than making four all new ones but either way I'm psyched.

Top Bottom