• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Vietnam Trailer [EA-CONF]

Thought this was a nice surprise, I'll be picking this up.

I hope the next BC2 expansion is 2142. I'd take a full featured retail release too.

This seems like its going to be late in the game. New maps needed to come out now.

I hope these maps are big for conquest ,but they most likely won't be.

Dice is totally getting my nostalgia bucks. Fuckers. Battlefield Vietnam wasn't the most polished edition of the series, or remotely tasteful for that matter. But mowing fools down as you're streaming Credence from the chopper and Hanoi Hannah raps to GI ... damn that was fun. One of the most weirdly atmospheric online games I've ever played.

Conquest better be worth a damn!

Stallion Free said:
Yeah, even Road to Rome had 6 maps.
I was just thinking about Dragon Age Awakenings and how it was $39.99.

Four maps for $40 is a lot. That's worse than the $15 MW2 map packs!

Hope Dice has some kind of VIP program again, which I'm assuming. Maybe we'll get a few more maps with people who buy the retail version.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:

Lol, I hope EA doesn't read what you just suggested because if these get priced at 40$, absolutely no one will buy them. These can't be more than 15$ tops because then they will just look ridiculous, but I suspect 20$ is what they will end up being.

Stallion Free said:
Lol, I hope EA doesn't read what you just suggested because if these get priced at 40$, absolutely no one will buy them. These can't be more than 15$ tops because then they will just look ridiculous, but I suspect 20$ is what they will end up being.
I think at best, it'll be $29.99. But that's still too much.

xclaw

*drooool*..... sorry but they got my money. Couldn't and still can't get enough BFV and now with BC2 graphics and rush mode... ol lordy.

Snowballo

Do we have a price yet?
I think Vietnam and getting 4 maps is brillant but this package should cost 1.200 point (around 15 bucks). 20 in the worst case.

Are Dice doing the multiplayer of Medal of Honor too?

Drewsky

Anything Dice is great, but I'm iffy on this. Even if it comes at a good price, there are issues that still need fixed in BC2 regular.

At the very least fix the lag issues on BC2 before this comes out.

so they just played the exact same sounds from Battlefield: Vietnam. I refuse to be hyped until I see some decent gameplay beyond "here's some new maps and music and propaganda sounds"

Binabik15

After the latest patch fucked up BC2 for me by introducing this new teleporting and total immortality specs for some guys: fuck you EA. You´re not going to see any more of my money.

Euro severers used to be good D: And who except Americans cares about Nam, give me the Mexicans from SP as a faction.

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
Hope Dice has some kind of VIP program again, which I'm assuming. Maybe we'll get a few more maps with people who buy the retail version.

I refuse to buy this if it's $40. $30, TOPS.

Mister D

So are we getting any new maps for regular BC2 before winter? Because with the lag and other games coming out, not to mention Dice's own work on Medal of Honor's multiplayer, I'll probably be dropping BC2 before winter if we still gotta play the current maps all the way until this expansion gets released.

Pete Rock

After their ridiculously crass anti-MW2 marketing campaign, pathetic VIP support and awful lag in the retail version, they've pissed away all their good will from 43/BC. Setting this up so they can do the same song and dance this holiday versus Black Ops, fucking corny DICE :lol

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
Kibbles said:
It's obviously going to be $15. It's the same exact thing as Battlefield 1943.
If it was the same thing as Battlefield 1943 it would be an arcade download.

Actually I'd perfer it to be a seperate game honestly I love being able to hopin 43 once in a while to play

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Mister D said:
So are we getting any new maps for regular BC2 before winter? Because with the lag and other games coming out, not to mention Dice's own work on Medal of Honor's multiplayer, I'll probably be dropping BC2 before winter if we still gotta play the current maps all the way until this expansion gets released.

I am not sure wtf EA is doing actually. You start the gun club to get BC2 players to pre-order/move to MOH. But then you schedule the Vietman expansion after MOH's release? The nomad-like habits of gamers this gen really don't lend to players buying MOH, then buying the Vietnam expansion. Maybe this is an experiment to see if gamers will hold on to BC2 even after they buy MOH.

I dunno.

Odrion

Banned
I TOLD YOU THIS WOULD BE HOW THEY WOULD DO A MAP PACK. JUST LIKE BATTLEFIELD BOOSTER PACKS. It would only make sense after they said that they wouldn't sell a typical map pack.

Ya'll said it would be a bad idea too. Heh.

Now fix the fucking servers Dice. I don't care that you're juggling like eleven different games at once, I'd like to actually play BC2 again.

vocab

Honestly, the original game has so many problems, I would recommend not buying this all. There's a reason why they gave all the expansions (booster packs) away to BF2 players. NO ONE PLAYS THEM.

Also, Battlefield expansions are usually pretty shitty. There's a reason why not a lot of people buy them. They lack content, and it splits the player base for no reason what so ever. The last expansion I witnessed was the 2142 expansion, and it was utterly pointless. 1 new mode, 1 new map, a perk that was good, but people who didn't even own the expansion got it, and 1 new vehicle. Very lame, and no one played the expansion at all. This is no different. I honestly think BC2 will get like 2 more original maps (not current maps with different modes), and that will be the rest of the support for the game. Seriously, DICE does not know how to support a game, just like IW.

Top Bottom