• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coca-Cola joins PlayStation Move marketing push [S-CONF]

mello

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/39590/SONY-Big-PS-Move-promo-with-Coca-Colarn

A large-scale consumer marketing push in the US will see Coca-Cola promote PlayStation Move across a range of products.

Announced by Sony at its E3 press conference, the partnership marketing campaign was described by SCEA marketing chief Peter Dille as "One of the biggest brand partnerships Sony has ever had".

130m packages of Coke, Spirte and other associated drinks will promote Move in North America later this year.

"Keep an eye out for Move in your local grocery story," said Dille.

At the event Sony announced the basic Move price ($49.99) and the European launch date of September 15th.

iz3k89.jpg

mello

Deepack said:
Very smart move by Sony(no pun intended). Coca Cola is BIG.

Especially during world cup and xmas periods, huge marketing push this could be for PS Move is done right.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Surprisingly aggressive. I got the impression there was an expectation Sony would sit quietly in the corner with Move this year.

Rainier

BeeDog said:
This is truly a coup, marketing-wise. Holy crap.
Huh? What coup?

You realize they are paying Coke millions for this, right? This isn't free advertising that they somehow won in a contest. That said, seems like a good marketing strategy aimed at their demographic.

Massa said:
Great how everyone is talking about Move being $49.99 when I'll have to shell out $129.98 for it.

You don't "have" to, there are cheaper ways, it's all about choices.

I got a pseye for a tenner so I'm happy, and the gun controller looks shit hot!!

Tmac

Because the bundles don't come with the 29,99 part, I guess that isnt mandatory (maybe your can use your current dualshock for that?). Thats ~ $ 82 ... or $ 99 for the game bundle.

BeeDog

Rainier said:
Huh? What coup?

You realize they are paying Coke millions for this, right? This isn't free advertising that they somehow won in a contest. That said, seems like a good marketing strategy aimed at their demographic.

Well, duh. I never said they got this for free... What I meant with my "coup" statement is that they seem serious about this, and picked one hell of a partner to market the Move controller.

I'm sure it's a good plan, but the amount of cheering and applause it got was a bit surprising to me, or did people spot Kevin Butler in the background?

jiggle

sony did something with coke before no?
i remember a coke/psp/ps3 ad with jak or ratchet in it

Mad_Ban said:
I would have expected a partnership like this for Kinect! :O

pepsi?
isn't that more popular?

Belfast

They saw Kevin Butler. This is a big marketing push for the general public, but felt kind of out-of-place at the conference (unless that was part of the deal with Coke to make mention of it).

For the rest of us, meh. I'm a Dr. Pepper man, myself.

Top Bottom