• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valkyria Chronicles 2: E3 2010 Gameplay footage

rvy

Banned
_dementia said:
I really need to finish the first one D:

Buying day one regardless.
Need to support Sega not sucking.

Stopped playing after I saw the first tank cutscene. What the fuck.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
_dementia said:
I really need to finish the first one D:

Buying day one regardless.
Need to support Sega not sucking.
GO FINISH IT NOW.
The person playing really sucked but it looks like VC so I'm pumped!

duckroll said:
Btw, I think the game has been quietly delayed by Sega. It's due Fall 2010 now. :(
BOOOO!

SVxM

duckroll said:
Btw, I think the game has been quietly delayed by Sega. It's due Fall 2010 now. :(

It's not that far away : August 31st unless there's a new delay I haven't heard of.

The first one is one of my favorite games this generation of consoles. I really wasn't expecting that. This is the first footage of the English version ive seen. I played the Japan demo awhile back, and though it captured everything the console version did well. Except the multi layered stages, which im still not sold on that yet.

Trevelyan

Banned
Awesome. Completely adored the first, and even imported the incredible artbook. I'm so hyped for this. P3P, KH:BbS and this will make for unforgettable summer on my PSP.

Can't wait to play this. Valkyria is still one of the best games on the PS3 and I've been looking forward to this for a long time. I wonder if scouts are still godly?

kenta

Has no PEINS
I thought this got released in Japan already, did I miss something?

Edit: Yeah I'm not crazy, Wikipedia says January. How was it, duckroll?

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
I hope SEGA gives it the care it needs. I'm ok with a delay, as long as they don't do what they did to Infinite Space and Yakuza 3.

You need to not cut corners and actually spend some marketing dollars if you want people to pick up a game.

Osietra

Banned
I adored VC on the PS3, and was genuinely heartened by the fact that it became a success through good old fashioned word of mouth. Sequel on the psp is awesome, but why the psp?
Really finger crossing for an announcement at TGS for the multi-platform sequel, which surely must be a gibbon.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
pje122 said:
OMG at the voice acting! Wow... undub version for me then...

Since it's a UMD, I'm guessing there might not be enough space for dual language this time? :(

pje122

RurouniZel said:
Since it's a UMD, I'm guessing there might not be enough space for dual language this time? :(
No idea... all I know is that I loved the Japanese dub on the PS3 game... it will be a shame if it is not an option out-of-the-box on this one...

Osietra said:
I adored VC on the PS3, and was genuinely heartened by the fact that it became a success through good old fashioned word of mouth. Sequel on the psp is awesome, but why the psp?
Really finger crossing for an announcement at TGS for the multi-platform sequel, which surely must be a gibbon.
They probably wanted to tap into the rich vein that is the Japanese PSP market, and productions costs would be cheaper.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
PS:p2 got pushed up and this back? That's kinda bad since I'll totally get addicted to PS:p2 x.x Assuming Segac doesn't butcher either one of course~

Volcynika

Goooooood.

I hope they don't pull a NISA and give a partial dub. Bit of a wait for it though, I think it comes out close to Metroid: Other M, so that'll be a good week :D

GhaleonQ

When the soundtrack was released, I couldn't help but watch the whole game on Nico Nico Douga while reordering the tracks. So. Sad.

pje122

Lindsay said:
PS:p2 got pushed up and this back? That's kinda bad since I'll totally get addicted to PS:p2 x.x Assuming Segac doesn't butcher either one of course~
What in the world is PS:p2?

RedSwirl

This just reminded me of how I'm gonna have to start the first game from the beginning because of my YLOD'd PS3.

androvsky

Rollo Larson said:
yea thats why i never went back after i upgraded to 500gb

Uh, locked save files transfer to a new drive with the backup utility. I did it with Demon's Souls, and that really is locked. I'm still pretty sure VC isn't (I can check later).

androvsky said:
Uh, locked save files transfer to a new drive with the backup utility. I did it with Demon's Souls, and that really is locked. I'm still pretty sure VC isn't (I can check later).

i think youre right. im looking now and i see my old data. its the game data i have to reinstall...

that said, im not sure why i didnt go back...

Volcynika

I'm glad Sega is making sure this localization has a lot of love put into it!

2qizozp.jpg

:lol

Top Bottom