• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EVO2010: World Fighting Game Championships - July 9-11, Las Vegas

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
http://evo2k.com

July 9-11.

Super Street Fighter IV
TEKKEN 6
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Marvel VS. Capcom 2
Tatsunoko VS. Capcom
Melty Blood Actress Again
Super Street Fighter IV Women's Tournament

Be there!

Confirmed International Players
- Daigo Umehara (JPN)
- Tokido (JPN)
- Ryan Hart (UK)
- Nin (KOR)
- Knee (KOR)
- Holeman (KOR)

NeoGAF Represent?

Who's going?

NeoGAF Roster
1) MarkMan
2) MrJared
3) haunts
4) nycfurby
5) potatohead
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)
13)
14)

Fill in the blanks.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
via SRK:

evoGoldFightStick.jpg

The EVO Championship Series is proud to reveal that the 2010 World Finals will also feature Marvel Vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds, playable by the general public for the first time anywhere. Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 producer Ryota Niitsuma will also be making a special appearance alongside his new game, so stop by to play it for yourself and tell him what you think!

In addition, EVO proudly announces the Mad Catz® Street Fighter IV Arcade FightStick™ Tournament Edition as the official controller for the EVO 2010 World Finals. "Tournament players world-wide have turned to Mad Catz® Tournament Edition controllers for their premium components and impeccable build quality," said Tom Cannon, founder of the EVO Championship Series. In support of EVO’s spirit of top-level competitive play, Mad Catz® will contribute to the Super Street Fighter IV cash prize and produce a super-limited run of exclusive Tournament Edition "golden sticks" to be awarded as prizes to the top eight competitors in the Super Street Fighter IV tournament. The only way to get one of these sticks is to place in the top eight, so practice up! For more information on Mad Catz® products please visit madcatz.com.

All three days of tournament action will be streamed live on the Internet. To produce the live stream, EVO has partnered with Level|Up, universally renowned for their pro-gaming broadcast expertise and ability to make all the amazing on-screen action accessible to a global audience. For more information about Level|Up, please visit levelup-series.com.

Discuss.

July 9-11. Be there.

<3

ReiGun

I wish I were going, but I can't exactly afford a flight to Vegas. Def gonna try to save up for next year.

Anyone know who's handling the stream this year?

noob question but is there a fee to just go in and watch-if so how much is it?

(not talking about entering and competing in one of the many tourneys-might go watch some if I have time since I live in town)

thanks in advance

FacelessSamurai

..but cry so much I wish I had some
I'll be there!!! Already have my room reserved with 3 other guys from SRK :D Can't wait to try MvC3! Too bad those golden sticks aren't on sale though :( I wish there would have been a limited run for sale at the event.

This seems kind of early but who gives a shit, it' Evo baby, GET HYPE. Anyways I'll be stream monstering it up again this year but I'm going to try my best to attend next year. Good luck to all GAF'ers attending.

As for the list of internationa players, is Eita not confirmed yet? He won a ticket to Evo in a big French tourney a few months ago. If he can't go he better give that ticket to someone like Sako, Kindevu, or Uryo. If they win some money he can get a cut just to make it fair. It'd just be a shame if that ticket went to waste.

I want to go but I'm still debating whether I can afford a PS3 stick on top of the Vegas trip. If I can't make it this year I'll be living in Vegas when 2011 rolls around. Bestbuki will have to wait.

"Is Melty Blood really more popular than Blazblue :/"

I believe BlazBlue won originally but the BlazBlue community ceded the slot because of Continuum Shift's impending release and them not wanting to play CT.

vocab

TheThunder said:
Never even heard of it.

It's a shame man, no other fighter has the level of hype and skill in matches like 3S.

3S was a snooze fest last year at evo. It was teams only, and it was just boring. Yay for Melty Blood, and TVC!

Yeah, American players aren't usually as fun to watch for 3s. YunChun matches aren't as cool as guys breathing Necro and Oro for the past decade.

God's Beard said:
Yeah, American players aren't usually as fun to watch for 3s. YunChun matches aren't as cool as guys breathing Necro and Oro for the past decade.
Did you watch 3S at Evo 2009 or are you just talking out of you ass? IIRC teams consisting of Ryu, Alex, Akuma, Yang made it to top 3. And fucking Rockerfeller was commentating.

TheThunder said:
Never even heard of it.

It's a shame man, no other fighter has the level of hype and skill in matches like 3S.

In America? MvC2 was always more hype than 3s. Skill? 3s isn't that hard lol. Pick Ken, cr. short x2 to super, mash down, strong -> fierce xx super, mash down some more, sometimes mash forward, GG's! Or you can pick Yun. Run away, mash cr. mp, mash down, ginei jin, got combo? sweet run away mash cr. mp. no? Run away anyways mash cr. mp! They're near? mash down/forward, GG's! Chun? Mash any of her normals, mash down/forward, cr. mk xx super.

Main thing is after any and everything you do, mash down!

There, I just taught you 3s :p

~Devil Trigger~ said:
anyways HYPE!!
Daigo vs Tokido SSF4 Finals confirmed

Sorry, the French > Daigo/Tokido :p

FindMyFarms said:
In America? MvC2 was always more hype than 3s. Skill? 3s isn't that hard lol. Pick Ken, cr. short x2 to super, mash down, strong -> fierce xx super, mash down some more, sometimes mash forward, GG's! Or you can pick Yun. Run away, mash cr. mp, mash down, ginei jin, got combo? sweet run away mash cr. mp. no? Run away anyways mash cr. mp! They're near? mash down/forward, GG's! Chun? Mash any of her normals, mash down/forward, cr. mk xx super.

You can't be serious...

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
FindMyFarms said:

Sorry, the French > Daigo/Tokido :p
Carlos-Alberto-Parreira-l-006.jpg

_dementia said:
Did you watch 3S at Evo 2009 or are you just talking out of you ass? IIRC teams consisting of Ryu, Alex, Akuma, Yang made it to top 3. And fucking Rockerfeller was commentating.
I'm not talking about EVO 2009, just in general. I only like watching the low tier fights, even Dudley and Makoto fights have been samey. Maybe urien, but that's about it. I like things I haven't seen, which usually means Twelve and such. And yeah, I watched it, not all of it though. I did watch all of SF4, because it was that new shit. I wish Jojo was at EVO, in its own little corner.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
:lol 3S trollin'

What are good streams to watch EVO from? I'm hoping for a newer MvC3 build too.

"What are good streams to watch EVO from? I'm hoping for a newer MvC3 build too."

I'm pretty sure there will be only one. Ran by...whoever is running it this year? (Who is running it? Level Up?)

FindMyFarms: It's funny because it's true.

TimeKillr

I wanted to be there but I couldn't get the time off. :(

I'll be cheering for my hometown's delegation, though! Montreal's sending a lot of very good players this year. :)

zon

Wasn't Eita and Fuudo going to Evo this year too?

Anyway, I'm pretty sure we'll see Daigo in the finals, only question is who he'll play against. :lol

Joekage

I'll also be at EVO with Farms and the rest of the TX crew, so sign me up. Hoping to at least advance in pools but might be overestimating myself haha. We shall see!!

Top Bottom