• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EVO2010: World Fighting Game Championships - July 9-11, Las Vegas

Grifter

My friend wants me to reitererate that if anyone noticed the "Uraaa" Balrog sounds during the HDR finals, that was him.

I'm still hung over and achy and jetlagged. Next time, I take a week to recover from Vegas.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Grzi said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUHGGVsQqYE

Watching this match I can't help but feel bad that Sanford dropped out of the tournament the way he did. Such an amazing Viper.
Do we know exactly what happened in his match against RB? Did his stick malfunction?

What I've heard is that the first pause happened because Sanford didn't button check his stick correctly and "start" was assigned to one of his buttons. So it was not a stick malfunction. Then the second pause happened because there was confusion about what the official ruling was, since the announcer had incorrectly said to the audience that the match was tied at 1 round apiece when RB should have won the first game 2-0.

fubarduck

SnowWolf said:
What I've heard is that the first pause happened because Sanford didn't button check his stick correctly and "start" was assigned to one of his buttons. So it was not a stick malfunction. Then the second pause happened because there was confusion about what the official ruling was, since the announcer had incorrectly said to the audience that the match was tied at 1 round apiece when RB should have won the first game 2-0.

Actually, Sanford had incorrectly mapped the Fierce Punch button on his stick before the match to Punch x 3. So, when he was doing button check, it appeared to work correctly since Fierce Punch came out when he hit it. But, in the match, he was getting EX versions of moves when he was trying to do the Fierce Punch version. When he finally realized what was happening, he paused.

You are right about the second pause.

Kimosabae

Banned
There really should be an option in the game to turn pause off. I figured SSBM would've made that a standard request but now. Incredibly useful for tournament settings.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
KOFXIII in EVO 2011 BELIEVE!!!!

EDIT: Poor Sanford that was unfortunate. :(

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Fersis said:
KOFXIII in EVO 2011 BELIEVE!!!!

EDIT: Poor Sanford that was unfortunate. :(
POST OF THE FOREVER!! I CAN READ THE FUTURE!

USD said:
Ah, shit. Now I've done it. Shoutouts to bump old threads on accident.
Dont worry dood.

Enk

makes good threads.
Bumping old threads can be a good thing sometimes. I haven't seen that EVO 2010 compilation video before. Seeing Daigo signing that girl's boob was priceless.

Top Bottom