• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

psx4droid on Android marketplace

clashfan

psx4droid a psx emulator is on the Android marketplace. Any tried it yet? I'm considering it for my moto droid but afraid it may be to old/slow.

zoku88

clashfan said:
psx4droid a psx emulator is on the Android marketplace. Any tried it yet? I'm considering it for my moto droid but afraid it may be to old/slow.
24 hour moneyback guarantee for all paid Android apps.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
zoku88 said:
24 hour moneyback guarantee for all paid Android apps.

Wait... they're charging for this?

UH-OH... I hear Sony coming.

Cobra84

I've been trying to get it to work for the past hour and it just kicks me back to the load ISO screen. I have no idea if the games aren't compatible or something is wrong with the emulator. Tried Ace combat 2. Twisted Metal 1, and Gran Turismo 2.

brain_stew said:
Why!? So long as they're not packing it with a BIOS its perfectly legal, just like Bleem was.
Won't stop the from trying, just like with Bleem.

TheSeks said:
Wait... they're charging for this?

UH-OH... I hear Sony coming.

Nintendo and Sega haven't done anything to stop the sale of emulators for their consoles on Android.

Then again, this would presumably include the required PS1 bios, which would give Sony legal grounds to sue... (then again, that didn't stop bleem for Dreamcast now did it :lol)

Firehead

Is this the one that yongzh was supposedly working on?
Edit: Why yes, yes it is! Time to buy it and let it sit in my downloads list. I'm not even going to try it on the G1.

clashfan

Firehead said:
Is this the one that yongzh was supposedly working on?
Edit: Why yes, yes it is! Time to buy it and let it sit in my downloads list. I'm not even going to try it on the G1.

It's by zodttd.

bathala

Banned
Bought it when it was 1.0 the update came out 1.1

Works great on DX except the audio on some games.
Extra screen real estate really helps viewing and playing with multi touch

Edit: wasn't it a collaboration between zodtdd and yong

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
i can't imagine a Droid running a PSX game well :|

but shit i'd love to rip my FF9 discs and play them on the subway without also carrying a psp zomg zomg zomg

Talon

JesseZao said:
How do you even control emulated games? Are there mini-USB gamepads that are compatible?
official-wii-remote.jpg

DMeisterJ

Banned
What are the minimum specs a phone should have to run this? I mean if an iPhone can do it, most Android phones could also.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
PetriP-TNT said:
Wasn't Bleem eventually pulled down by Sony or does my memory serve me wrong

Sony lost their lawsuits against Bleem. But legal fees did the job for them.

Adamm

Yeh i downloaded this a few days ago.

Big buggy and laggy on most games - but it could be awesome if it keeps getting worked on and updated.

& i expect them to keep updating since they are charging for it :lol

Aru

Metal Gear?! said:
Sony also bought out Connectix VGS and just cancelled it.

Sony are dicks.

They "cancelled" it by developing PS1 emulators for PS2, PSP and PS3 :lol

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
I ripped my first Xenogears disk and was able to run it via this emulator on my Evo. It felt slow and frustrating. I think I will wait for the next generation of phones to use this. I don't think my phone is ready for this.

kinggroin

Banned
Hilbert said:
I ripped my first Xenogears disk and was able to run it via this emulator on my Evo. It felt slow and frustrating. I think I will wait for the next generation of phones to use this. I don't think my phone is ready for this.

Must be a shit emulator then. My Omnia has a playstation emulator that runs most games at near full speed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1cs_y9IhTc

Think about that; a Samsung Omnia on windows flippin' mobile. You're rocking an Evo on Android.

-PXG-

My buddies tried running it on their Xs yesterday. Had a lot of trouble with it compared to other ones.

GatorBait

I could really get on board with this on touchscreen phones for running simple games like RPGs. I don't know if I could play many action games without at least a dedicated keyboard.

But just imagine being able to whip out your EVO, which has a screen as big as the PSP, to play some FF7 while waiting at the doctors office. Awesome.

Cruzader

Banned
industrian said:
Sony lost their lawsuits against Bleem. But legal fees did the job for them.
Sony should of hired those guys from Bleem.

Their PS1 upscaling magic(?) thing was way superior then Sony's on PS2/PS3.

clashfan

Bough a copy for my stock moto droid. Games I tried run ok. Not great but playable. Sound was pretty choppy though.

Cruzader said:
Sony should of hired those guys from Bleem.

Their PS1 upscaling magic(?) thing was way superior then Sony's on PS2/PS3.

That's because it didn't do any upscaling. It rendered the games at a higher resolution (640x480 on Dreamcast).

Top Bottom