• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New 2D Fighter - Chaos Code (from the makers of Super Cosplay Wars Ultra)

TreIII

Never saw this particular fighting game making the rounds on GAF, so I thought I would help spread the love. Lock if old, and etc.

chaosco.jpg

CHAOS CODE official site

chaosco1.jpg

chaosco2.jpg

Videos:
Offical Site Video:
Hikaru
Hermes
Catherine
Vein
Kagari
Rui Mishima
Cerberus Black
Bravo Peperonicine
Cait and Sith Whisker
Celia
Cthylla

100724 CHAOS CODE 2nd location test:
2WQ 100724 CHAOS CODE 2nd location test
2WR 100724 CHAOS CODE 2nd location test
2WS 100724 CHAOS CODE 2nd location test

Translations (courtesy of umgogo over at SRK) of Movelist,story,etc:

Game System - Miscellaneous information

The Chaos Gauge (Super meter) can hold up to three stocks at any time.

A dizzy meter is present, as in Street Fighter 3 series and King of Fighters XI.

Before each battle, you must "Select your Bounce", i.e. choose between the Step (dash) and Run abilities. The Step can be cancelled into (attack -> Step), thereby eliminating some recovery time, while the Run can be cancelled from (Run -> attack or High Jump), allowing a character to move in on the opponent more easily.

Next, you are given your choice of two Extra moves out of a total of four. Each character has two Extra special moves and two Extra Ultimate Chaos moves (Level 1 Super moves) to choose from.

Movement/defensive system overview

Step/Run (selectable)
f, f (hold f to run)

Backdash
b, b

High Jump
db/d/df, ub/u/uf or run, ub/u/uf

High Jump cancel
Cancellable normal moves (but not special moves) and the Run may be cancelled into a high jump.

Air dash
f, f (in the air)

Double jump
ub/u/uf (in the air)

Roll
AB/f+AB/b+AB

Ground ukemi (recovery roll)
AB (when about to touch the ground)

Aerial ukemi (air recovery)
direction + AB when launched into the air

Tactical Guard
CD (requires half a stock of Chaos Gauge; can be done in the air)
If your character absorbs an attack, he/she will automatically counterattack.

Offensive system overview

A = weak punch
B = weak kick
C = strong punch
D = strong kick

Chaos Combo
Normal moves can be chained together as per this flowchart:

A -> B -> C -> D

Throw
AC

Throw escape
C (just before being thrown)

Counter Hit
A Counter Hit will yield longer hit stun than a normal hit, allowing additional attacks to connect. For example, a sweep cannot be followed up by anything on a normal hit, but can on a Counter Hit.

Guard Break Attack
f+CD (requires one stock of Chaos Gauge)
This move will break an opponent’s guard and can be cancelled into from normal moves.

EX special move
special move motion +AC/BD (requires half a stock of Chaos Gauge)
Not every special move has an EX version, and none of the Extra special moves does.

Ultimate Chaos/Extra Ultimate Chaos (Level 1 Super move)
motion + one button (requires one stock of Chaos Gauge)

Destruction Chaos (Level 3 Super move)
qcf, hcb/qcb, hcf+AC (requires three stocks of Chaos Gauge; cannot be done during Exceed Chaos)

Chaos Cancel (Super Cancel)
special move -> Ultimate Chaos (requires one extra stock of Chaos Gauge for a total of two stocks)

Chaos Shift
AB/f+AB during Ultimate Chaos (requires one extra stock of Chaos Gauge for a total of two stocks)
An Ultimate Chaos move can be cancelled into a special form of movement as an escape tactic or to allow for follow-up attacks.

Exceed Chaos
BC (requires three stocks of Chaos Gauge; can be cancelled into from normal and special moves)

Upon the activation of Exceed Chaos, the Chaos Gauge begins to drain until it reaches zero. EC carries several benefits:

1) The dizzy meter empties instantly

2) Gradual life recovery

3) All attacks become cancellable

4) All moves which use Chaos Gauge consume a portion of the timer, the amount corresponding to their normal gauge cost (allowing for otherwise impossible combos, such as special move -> Chaos Cancel into Ultimate Chaos -> Chaos Shift into normal move -> Ultimate Chaos or EX special move…)

For other details:

Story

Movelist

And an extra bonus, Andriasang posted an article with the directors of the game, Michael and Mickey Lin.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/08/12/chaos_code_interview/

Now, while Andriasang's article didn't go into depth about who the Japanese partner is, according to this blog by one of the game's developers, ASW are the ones who are helping them out with publishing details. Furthermore, they'll be showcasing the game at some upcoming game related show (AM-Show and/or TGS seem to be easy targets).

EDIT: ASW is confirmed.

-DarKaoZ- said:
ASW is technically confirmed to be their Japan Partner, they have a link to ASW in their official site. So that much it's assumed.

More as it comes in.

(Thanks to the good people over at SRK.com's forums for their part in helping to make people aware of this game.)

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Isn't this somewhat dated? I remember seeing youtube videos of this last year.

Look fun though

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
ASW is technically confirmed to be their Japan Partner, they have a link to ASW in their official site. So that much it's assumed.

Also some interesting stuff, FK Digital are from Australia, but the game is currently been finished in Taiwan for what I read.

Also the character Catherine seems to be a homage to the Doujin game Super Cosplay War Ultra.

TreIII

DrFunk said:
Isn't this somewhat dated? I remember seeing youtube videos of this last year.

Look fun though

It's been in development for a while, with the game having its first loke test last year. The most recent tests finished a few weeks ago, with the game looking to be finally released either this Winter at the earliest, next Spring at the latest.

Dachande

arstal said:
hopefully this isn't another chain combo game. Not a fan of those anymore.

I was thinking just this. Every new fighting IP that comes out these days just feels like it plays the same. This does look interesting though, but unless it comes out on consoles for the market outside Japan, it's going to die and join the leagues of stuff like Akatsuki Blitzkampf which, as I understand it, are more or less just ignored.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Man I remember Super Cosplay War Ultra. That was great back in the day.

Xiaoki

Gameplay looks good but the animation is painful to watch.

If this was some free doujin game I could forgive the animation but this is like some mid 90s SNES fighting game level animation.

The reason for the bump is because this game has taken leaps and strides since the last time it was seen. It would seem that this game is ready for release any day now. The only question now is will this game make it out of the arcades and on to a home console? For now enjoy the new trailer and gameplay footage.

Chaos Code PV1

Chaos Code: Hikaru Otagi vs Rui Mishima
Chaos Code: Hermes Gberardini vs Catherine
Chaos Code: Cait & Sith Whisker vs Bravo Peperonicine
Chaos Code: Vein vs Celia
Chaos Code: Cthyalla vs Hikaru Otagi
Chaos Code: Kagari vs Cerberus Black

Top Bottom