• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter IV [3DS] - New trailer [Update: New Screens In OP]

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Update:

EmCeeGramr said:
New screenshots:

Hdm3U.jpg

1hYpS.jpg

GH1WB.jpg

Aatfb.jpg

NqjBF.jpg

Original:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lacWTZQA5wE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lacWTZQA5wE&fmt=22 - 720p

Neat multiplayer concepts but the visuals aren't top notch, especially compared to the RE games :(

edit: Shall I take my comment back?

EmCeeGramr said:

I thought the visuals were great, especially in motion.

I kinda like the new multiplayer concepts, but I kinda hope you can turn it off. I'd hate to be playing SFIV while casually walking by EVO...

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
I'm sure you'll be able to turn it off, like you can on the console versions.
Seriously, I'm not too fussed about the visuals. As long as:

- It runs smooth on the little 3DS screen
- The d-pad/thumbstick handles ok
- Wireless battles are lag-free
- All characters/stages/moves are in from SSFIV

It will be awesome. Fighting games on the go will never be as hardcore as home/arcade, but it looks like 3DS may well make a big impact.

orioto

Good Art™
I don't think Nintendo will appreciate the salaryman looking at little boy example:lol

Can someone explain the automatic battle thing ?

seady

It looks very pretty.

Don't really understand the "tag mode icon fight" part though. Did they explain what it is?

I was also going to ask what the tag mode is all about. I assume that you pick which character you want to "play" as in a menu, and then whenever you get close enough to someone else with the game it compares the win/loss ratio of your character to theirs and simulates a battle? Something like that? Seems pretty pointless unless it's something totally different, could be really cool though if there's a way to challenge the person to an actual match somehow.

seady said:
It looks very pretty.

Don't really understand the "tag mode icon fight" part though. Did they explain what it is?
To my understanding, the 3DS has a tag mode (StreetPass) that enables systems to communicate with each other, even when in sleep mode. This means the developers can craft a solution around this feature to offer things like trophy standoffs, live-challenges, etc. Hence the example of being in the train playing and receiving a challenge from a nearby player. Or something along the lines. I think this trailer makes a cool case for StreetPass.

seady

dr3upmushroom said:
I was also going to ask what the tag mode is all about. I assume that you pick which character you want to "play" as in a menu, and then whenever you get close enough to someone else with the game it compares the win/loss ratio of your character to theirs and simulates a battle? Something like that? Seems pretty pointless unless it's something totally different, could be really cool though if there's a way to challenge the person to an actual match somehow.

Yes it looks pretty stupid. I hope that's not what Nintendo brags about on the tag mode. Who cares about some icons fighting randomly behind the scene.

Wasn't this game like 10% done or something not so long ago, it's still got time to improve visuals and whatnot, and considering what Capcom can do with RE: Revelations, I wouldn't put it past them to deliver the goods for this game

I hope they'll explain how the controls will work soon, it would be very hard to completely mess it up since I can't see how there would be any problem with the basic stuff like half circles and DP motions, but Ultras and 720 motions worry me a bit. Having to push two face buttons and a shoulder at the same time is going to be pretty uncomfortable unless the from factor of the 3DS is different than another of the previous ones, and hopefully the DS stick is better but doing 720s on something like the PSP nub seems like it would take some getting used to.

This should be awesome, it would be cool if a less hardcore scene builds around the handheld version if it sells well, as someone who like SFIV a lot and understands the basics of the game but doesn't have the time to devote to committing link timing to memory, this seems like a good environment for this game.

SmokeMaxX

seady said:
Yes it looks pretty stupid. I hope that's not what Nintendo brags about on the tag mode. Who cares about some icons fighting randomly behind the scene.
Throwing this out there, maybe the game generates a "ghost" of your character that gets wirelessly transmitted to the other Wiis in tag mode that you can fight against. It wouldn't be the first time for a nintendo system- Brawl incorporates player mimicry when you play against the CPU.

Mockingbird said:
are Yun & Yang in this?

They weren't in the massive character shot, but they'll prolly be in the final game. Capcom prolly don't want to piss off arcade people by giving them a reason not to play the arcade SSFIV or something.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Looks awesome, and it still has a long ways to go too.

I won't be getting it since it doesn't make too much sense for me to buy it when I already got it with the TE stick on the 360, but it's incredible to see the game make the transition to a handheld like this...

Dascu

_dementia said:
Does any 3ds game at this point? Maybe it's not part of the dev kit.
Resident Evil: The Mercenaries, another Capcom 3DS game, is supposed to have online co-op.

MNC

The game looks fucking fantastic; besides, it looks to feel EXACTLY like the console counterparts. How fucking awesome is that. Triple dip for me (original, super, and now 3ds super :lol)

Diablohead said:
Ladies carry around a 3DS with SSF? lolz :p

Exactly what I was thinking. It's nice to want to branch out with your userbase, but let's face it, unless they put a tag mode in The Sims 3 or Animal Crossing...okay I'm generalizing.

Still, it looks good and I would consider it for 3DS...

As long as:

- It runs smooth on the little 3DS screen
- The d-pad/thumbstick handles ok
- Wireless battles are lag-free
- All characters/stages/moves are in from SSFIV

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Its one of the nicest looking games shown so far and the only thing its lacking is the cool paint filter thingo, though it did appear in older shots.

People expecting much better than this are out of their minds and expecting way, way too much.

Top Bottom