• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy (OT 2?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashhong

So uh...not sure why the other one got locked, too long? Hope its OK to start a new one. OP shamelessly stolen from the first thread, credit goes to enzo_gt

DO NOT ASK FOR LINKS TO THE LEAKS

Kanye West.
My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy.
Coming 11/22. (November 22nd)

Album art:
un7wt.png
Ia8zr.jpg
5GBpU.jpg
R9Jju.png
b9EkM.jpg

For those of you out of the loop, the first single off of the album was Power ft. Dwele (Produced by Symbolyc One and Kanye West). After that, was Runaway ft. Pusha-T, which he debuted at the VMA's. This is the live version with additionally sampling, with a performance similar to that at the VMAs. Ye has shot a 40 minute music video for Runaway, which you can now stream from his website. The Runaway discussion thread is here.

On top of that, Ye has been releasing a new track every Friday as a part of the G.O.O.D. Fridays incentive. Songs include:

Power (Remix) ft. Jay-Z & Swizz Beatz
Monster ft. Rick Ross, Jay-Z, Nicki Minaj & Bon Iver
Runaway Love Remix - Justin Beiber ft. Kanye West & Raekwon
Devil In A New Dress
GOOD Friday ft. Common, Pusha T, KiD CuDi, Big Sean & Charlie Wilson
Lord, Lord, Lord ft. Mos Def, Raekwon, Charlie Wilson & Swizz Beatz
So Appalled ft. Jay-Z, Pusha T, Swizz Beatz, CyHi The Prynce & RZA
Christian Dior Denim Flow ft. KiD CuDi, John Legend, Pusha T, Lloyd Banks & Ryan Leslie
Don't Stop ft. Pharell & Lupe Fiasco as Child Rebel Soldier
Take One For The Team ft. Keri Hilson, Pusha T & CyHi The Prynce
Don't Look Down ft. Mos Def, Lupe Fiasco & Big Sean
The Joy ft. Pete Rock, Jay-Z, Charlie Wilson, Curtis Mayfield & KiD CuDi
Looking For Trouble ft. Pusha-T, CyHi The Prynce, Big Sean & J. Cole

All of which are available for free at http://kanyewest.com/ . Heat rocks. Lost in the World and All Of The Lights had leaked, highly unfinished versions though. Some of these are GOOD Friday only, some will appear on the album, and some will appear on Kanye and Jay-Z's Watch The Throne album rumoured to drop one day after My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, on 11/23.

---------- Confirmed Tracklist ----------
1. Dark Fantasy (Prod. by RZA)
2. Gorgeous ft. KiD CuDi & Raekwon
3. Power ft. Dwele (Prod. by S1 & Kanye West)
4. All of the Lights (Interlude)
5. All of the Lights ft. Rihanna, Alicia Keys, Elton John, Fergie, John Legend, The-Dream, Tony Williams, Kid Cudi, Charlie Wilson, Ryan Leslie & La Roux’s Elly Jackson
6. Monster ft. Charlie Wilson, Rick Ross, Jay-Z and Nicki Minaj
7. So Appalled ft. RZA, Jay-Z, Pusha T, CyHi the Prynce & KiD CuDi
8. Devil In A New Dress ft. Rick Ross (Prod. by Bink!)
9. Runaway ft. Pusha T
10. Hell of a Life
11. Blame Game ft. John Legend
12. Lost in the World ft. Bon Iver
13. Who Will Survive In America

BONUS TRACKS (Courtesy of Ken Masters & Amazon)
14. See Me Now ft. Beyonce & Charlie Wilson [Bonus]

The Deluxe version of the album includes the Runaway Movie.

REVIEWS:
Currently at 100% with 18 reviews.
http://www.metacritic.com/music/my-beautiful-dark-twisted-fantasy

http://allhiphop.com/stories/reviewsmusic/archive/2010/11/11/22480186.aspx - 9.5/10
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/reviews/album/45342/232350 - 5/5
http://music-mix.ew.com/2010/11/12/kanye-west-my-beautiful-dark-twisted-fantasy-review/ - A
http://www.spin.com/reviews/kanye-west-my-beautiful-dark-twisted-fantasy-roc-fella - 9/10

AMAZING article about the album making process.
http://www.complex.com/CELEBRITIES/Cover-Story/kanye-west-project-runaway/kanye-west-2010-gallery#40

toasty_T said:
Is that warp thing for real? It looks trippy as hell :lol
nah. I did that. wasn't sure what the forum policy on cartoon titties and ass is. so I...modified it. came out kinda cool. lol

also, I asked in the other thread, but didn't see a response: does anyone know what the significance of the ballet dancer with the mustache is?

Ashhong

sprsk said:

I don't have to read what you say anymore.

Dreams-Visions said:
^ joke post?

the blurry picture is just the censored version of the first image I posted.

the second one is...lol. A GAF original.

Well that first one is the official cover that will come with it. Second has to be a joke post :lol

Ashhong

Dreams-Visions said:
nah. I did that. wasn't sure what the forum policy on cartoon titties and ass is. so I...modified it. came out kinda cool. lol

also, I asked in the other thread, but didn't see a response: does anyone know what the significance of the ballet dancer with the mustache is?

No significance really, but he really seems to like the ballet dancers with that song. He performed it with ballet dancers and then had them in his video. Therefore he put a ballet dancer on the cover. The mustache is just because George Condo is a weirdo.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Ashhong said:
was that why? a little notice would have been nice..

You all have been here long enough to know this already.. None of the posters who were leak begging were juniors. Lucky I was nice or half of the posters wouldn't be able to post in this new thread...

Ashhong

Blackace said:
You all have been here long enough to know this already.. None of the posters who were leak begging were juniors. Lucky I was nice or half of the posters wouldn't be able to post in this new thread...

Ah so it was the begging. I honestly wasn't sure if it was that or the other stuff going on. Got it.

So was dude at the end of "All of The Lights" Elton John then? Could barely tell it was him, would have been ill if he used him a bit more.

Gorgeous sounds like some long lost Wu-song, that beat and hook is maybe....the best on the album. I want a Ghostface and Meth verse on it stat! :D

Runaway might be my favorite song on the album, but the last 3 minutes is totally unnecessary and also ear-bleedingly awful. All of the Lights beat is fucking dope as shit. And Kanye goes hard on it.

Appalled is great too, love that beat. Sounds like something that would fit right in on Hell Hath No Fury.

/end

RJT

The album is amazing, there is absolutely no weak songs in there. I think my least favourite song is Power, which is saying a lot.

So... CD > MBDTF & LR >>>>>> Graduation

On second listen, why the hell is Fergie on All of the Lights? She has about 2 bars and then says woow woooow a few times. As if it was such a meaningful contribution with Rihanna was already on vocals that he had to get someone else to do it.

I also noticed some strange whispering on the track this time around. Illuminati?

toasty_T said:
On second listen, why the hell is Fergie on All of the Lights? She has about 2 bars and then says woow woooow a few times. As if it was such a meaningful contribution with Rihanna was already on vocals that he had to get someone else to do it.

Yeah he makes some weird and unnecessary decisions on this album. Blame Game felt way too long for some reason, Runaway was about 3-4 minutes too long (wow), and what the hell at Fergie jumping in for like 2 seconds.

toasty_T said:

I also noticed some strange whispering on the track this time around. Illuminati?
I'd go LR > 808s > CD > MBDTF > Graduation

Parts of this album run long and get cluttered, but overall much better then graduation

C4Lukins

Ashhong said:
was that why? a little notice would have been nice..

Seems obvious. That was the last post in the thread. It was a pretty big thread where an unreleased album was being spoken about based on a bunch of people illegally downloading it.

Ashhong

C4Lukins said:
Seems obvious. That was the last post in the thread. It was a pretty big thread where an unreleased album was being spoken about based on a bunch of people illegally downloading it.

Oh ok, I didn't know mods are watching every single thread every minute and that the last post is always the reason for a lock. Links were being posted in the earlier pages so I wasn't sure which was the reason. Thanks for your insightful, smartass, and late post.

edit: can we not reply to my post that has already been explained thoroughly?

C4Lukins

Ashhong said:
Oh ok, I didn't know mods are watching every single thread every minute and that the last post is always the reason for a lock. Links were being posted in the earlier pages so I wasn't sure which was the reason. Thanks for your insightful, smartass, and late post.

edit: can we not reply to my post that has already been explained thoroughly?

It was not meant to be a smart ass post. And if you edit out that first sentence of your original post, you will no longer get posts explaining to you why the original topic was locked. That is me being a bit of a smart ass.

edit: and no need to reply to my post because you already won your argument in your post and should be satisfied with that victory.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Aw that was my first really successful thread, sad to see it get locked :( R.I.P.

At first I thought I got banned cause I couldn't reply :x

And I can't tell the different versions apart, so I'm sticking with this one until 11/12. Perhaps past it.

EDIT: Dream-Visions, I/Ashhong have all of the covers in OP already :lol

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
enzo_gt said:
Aw that was my first really successful thread, sad to see it get locked :( R.I.P.

At first I thought I got banned cause I couldn't reply :x

And I can't tell the different versions apart, so I'm sticking with this one until 11/12. Perhaps past it.

EDIT: Dream-Visions, I/Ashhong have all of the covers in OP already :lol
that sucks. but hey at least it was successful :lol

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Album is nice, top 5 songs:

Dark Fantasy
So Appalled
Gorgeous
Blame Game
Devil In A New Dress (Good Friday Edition)

I really love those songs. Other ones range from good to just okay.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Stat Flow said:
Album is nice, top 5 songs:

Dark Fantasy
So Appalled
Gorgeous
Blame Game
Devil In A New Dress (Good Friday Edition)

I really love those songs. Other ones range from good to just okay.
47-GTFOH-Fonzworth.gif

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Ridiculously hyped but i haven't even been listening to the GOOD Fridays stuff, just Power, Runaway and All Of The Lights on youtube.
So good.

It's too bad AOTL had to get ruined with all of those unnecessary featurings; it was my most anticipated song after I listened to it when it first leaked.

KevinRo

I had a go through with it, wasn't that impressed. Maybe I need to give it time to grow on me, but I'm loving Cudi's new album too much!

Blackace said:
See, if you all would have been like me and keep away from that kind of thing, there would be no need for a second thread. I honestly figured this would happen; I actually imagined some people getting banned as a result. Piracy is piracy, but the lines are blurred on these forums when it comes to music. I really don't know the rules, but I guess if you have to "ask" if it's wrong, it is wrong.

Losers.

Anyway, I cannot wait for my hard copy. Sucks I won't get the extras... Can I buy the extra iTunes tracks separately too, because that is what I see myself doing. I want all of the bonus tracks, I still don't know why they were not included in the album, since Kanye himself performed them in front of the Facebook HQ, etc...

Equus Bellator Apex

spindashing said:
Can I buy the extra iTunes tracks separately too, because that is what I see myself doing. I want all of the bonus tracks, I still don't know why they were not included in the album, since Kanye himself performed them in front of the Facebook HQ, etc...

You have to buy the album on itunes to get those songs

LCfiner

Error said:
http://www.spin.com/reviews/kanye-west-my-beautiful-dark-twisted-fantasy-roc-fella

9/10

edit: Am I the only that thinks that it would've been cool if Kanye put the POWER bit from Runaway as an interlude before POWER in the album?

well written review but I could not disagree more with this part:

"The guest list on posse cuts "Monster" and "So Appalled" could've been pared down. "

those songs are made awesome by their extended length. and Monster only has three main sections anyway. it's not as overflowing as So Appalled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom