• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy (OT 2?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
THIS SOME CIRQUE DE SOLIEL PUSSY.

I've listened to the album twice now. Not sure how I feel about it compared to Kanye's other works. Good album, though.

Runaway
So Appalled
Devil in a New Dress
and Power are the standouts to me. Gorgeous is a bad song. And AOTL is ruined thanks to Fergie and Cudi. Elton John also adds nothing to the song, but at least he doesn't just trash it.

LCfiner

h0pper said:
album is absurd. I think I may shell out and buy it just for the hell of it because it deserves my $9.99. Have to support the artist if they put out quality like this.

while I'm here, does anyone know a program that lets you stream from your itunes that is not.. itunes? Basically, I have a mac with all my music on it, and want to stream to my other computer which is not a mac. But, I don't want to put itunes on that machine.

Try making a zumocast account. you can stream to any browser on any other machine. (and iOS devices)

dvdjamm

This is a G.O.O.D. Friday question... Did the song Good Friday ever get released at a higher quality than 128?

And if this album doesn't get the Album of the Year at the Grammys (2011) ,then Kanye has the right to lose his mind during the winner's speech

Oozer3993

shadowcomplex said:
you guys always more and better everything. Just buy the album, it's going to be amazing, and what upsets me is that you know this.
/sad

also is anyone working on fixing AOTL. I see everyones top 3~5 songs and don't see AOTL which is amazing cept for one problem.

I can neither confirm nor deny that I have edited Fergie (& CuDi) out of All of the Lights.

P.S. Entertainment Weekly gave the album an A.

Ashhong

Sebulon3k said:
Obligatory Wall of Shame

22x36e.jpg

Trying to Embarass Ashhong here!

BTW Lost in the World should be in everyone's top 5 list. Everyone

I'm proud of my post count, screw you all!

Let's not forget that we had the Good Ass Job thread as well. I'm pretty sure I was at the top of that too :lol

Acid08

Banned
10 listens the past couple days, this album is fucking incredible.

Top 5:
1. Runaway
2. Power
3. Monster
4. All of the Lights
5. Lost in the World

Monster is just such a fucking hard ass bass driven track, I love it. Runaway could do without the last 3 minutes but the first 6 are indescribable.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I love how in every positive review haters come in droves to shit on Kanye and his music. :lol

After over 20 complete listens across iTunes and my iPod:

my rank:

1. Dark Fantasy (something about when Kanye kicks in. It is sublime, could listen to it forever)
2. So Appalled
3. All of the Lights
4. Monster
5. Hell of a Life
6. Lost in the World
7. Blame Game
8. Runaway
9. Power
10. Gorgeous
11. Devil In a New Dress

god damn I love those last songs too. :lol

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Man I can't even rank all the songs at this point, its way too close for some.

fuck every one of you guys without So Appalled in top 5. :mad:

enzo_gt said:

The beat alone puts it in the top 5 for me. Of course, I didn't listen to any of the GOOD Friday leaks either so that may have something to do with it.

h0pper

only Fernando's ripe melons are good enough for me
LCfiner said:
Try making a zumocast account. you can stream to any browser on any other machine. (and iOS devices)

hmm ok i'll check that out

CRS

This album is amazing. My favorite track would be the All of the Lights interlude if it wasn't an interlude. It's so damn good.

see5harp

So Appalled is definitely up there for me. Gorgeous is probably at the bottom because of the boring production and so so Cudi hook. Verses are solid on that though.

Kusagari

enzo_gt said:

There is only one thing to say to people without So Appalled in their top 5.

Fucking Ridiculous!

painey

theres at least 10 minutes of nonsense that should have been cut (runaway autotune garbling, chris rock talking, hell of a life stop/starts) but its still good, just a shame so much of it leaked so early.

SUPREME1

Banned
Shit is dope. Just know this.

The last two tracks I'm not feeling as much as the rest but I'm sure they'll grow on me much like any K.West track does. :D

1. Runaway (6 minute cut before that fuzzy autotune kicks in)
2. Dark Fantasy
3. Gorgeous
4. So Appalled
5. Blame Game

easy. All of the Lights just misses the cut.

ampere

I just noticed the "Choke the South Park writers with a fish dick" line in Gorgeous :lol
Shit, Kanye is killing it with this album. Late Registration quality for sure

RJT

painey said:
theres at least 10 minutes of nonsense that should have been cut (runaway autotune garbling, chris rock talking, hell of a life stop/starts) but its still good, just a shame so much of it leaked so early.
FUCK YOU!!

Meier said:
Blame Game skit explicit is amazing.
Damn right. Yeezy taught you well...

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Lost in the World >>> *

Also Blame Game is near the top as well, once Chris Rock was free to swear again the whole song made more sense.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
painey said:
theres at least 10 minutes of nonsense that should have been cut (runaway autotune garbling, hell of a life stop/starts) but its still good, just a shame so much of it leaked so early.

You forgot Ross's part in Devil in a New Dress...god I can't stand it.

Anyways though, I'm probably on my 10th listen now and it just gets better and better. I'm gunna delete it though and wait for the full release so that I can get a nice lossless rip later when I buy it.

Tucah

you speak so well
I can't stop listening to Blame Game and Lost in the World. Hell, I even love the Chris Rock part now.

RJT

My only complain is Fergie on All of the lights. The Runaway beat is so good I don't mind 3 minutes of autotune, and Blame Game needs that skit.

see5harp

What I would say is that some of the album comes across as a little self-indulgent. Fergie isn't actually bad on All of the Lights, it's just unnecessary. If you told me Elton John was on it, I probably wouldn't even believe you. He's on some Phil Spector shit. The songs are great, which is most important, but that ending to Runaway is so pointless to me.

RJT

I'm listening to "All of the lights" again, and those drums are fucking perfect. Can't wait for the eventual remixes.

ATF487

LR >= CD > MBDTF >> Graduation >>> 808s

MBDTF:

1. Monster
2. Lost in the World
3. Devil In a New Dress
4. Blame Game
5. Dark Fantasy
6. Power
7. Hell of a Life
8. All of the Lights
9. Runaway
10. So Appalled
11. Gorgeous

Like pretty much everything on this album, but I still feel like the first two albums have higher highs

see5harp said:
What I would say is that some of the album comes across as a little self-indulgent.
So? I don't get this "criticism".

First, of course it is. It's Kanye.
Secondly, America is one of the most self-indulgent places on the world. We're oversexed, we overeat, we overspend, etc., but somehow art is different?

And what's the difference between indulgent/enjoying something and overindulgent?

If you want to say something is overindulgent how about we reserve that for the Katy Perrys and Lady Gagas of the world.

Oh and don't blame Elton (especially him) or Fergie. They didn't make the songs that's Ye and co.'s fault. They produced thus stuff...

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
ATF487 said:
yeah, I hate this 'iTunes only bonus tracks' trend more than anything.

and people like myself only make it worse when we buy both :lol

dvdjamm

OK I have a stupid question...Will there be a G.O.O.D. Friday track tonight?

I know it's being greedy,but I'm hoping...

dvdjamm said:
And if this album doesn't get the Album of the Year at the Grammys (2011) ,then Kanye has the right to lose his mind during the winner's speech

Don't think the album makes the date deadline for release. Late November is too late considering the nominations are revealed in December.

MThanded said:
I am extremely pissed I cannot get the Itunes bonus tracks in disk form....
it's really upsetting me too, to be honest.

I don't want to be forced to buy some inferior MP3's just to get all the fucking songs.

if iTunes could supply me with FLAC or AIFF, then I'd be okay with it. but AFAIK, they just deal in V0 mp3's...which is NOT the same thing as FLAC at all.

*grumbles*

Dreams-Visions said:
it's really upsetting me too, to be honest.

I don't want to be forced to buy some inferior MP3's just to get all the fucking songs.

if iTunes could supply me with FLAC or AIFF, then I'd be okay with it. but AFAIK, they just deal in V0 mp3's...which is NOT the same thing as FLAC at all.

*grumbles*

Isn't everything iTunes Plus now? Which is Apple Lossless?

BenjaminBirdie said:
no idea. I just bought my brother's new song from iTunes. I'll check that.

edit: not this song. it's a 256kbps file in a m4a container and it's too small to be lossless (~7MB)

LCfiner

BenjaminBirdie said:

no. iTunes plus is 256kbps AAC.

it’s good but it’s sure not lossless, for those who care about such things.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Ok how have so many of you already got this bloody album? It's not out till the 22nd...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom