• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West's 'Graduation' is 10 Years Old

JCX

I will never understand the GAF hate for TLOP unless it's based on lyrics or the way it was release/updated. My mix of TLOP is a smorgasbord of V1 and V3 tracks. The album is sonically amazing, it's like taking the Yeezus approach to his previous sounds. The only track I don't fuck with is Facts. I will never get it. It's a top 3-4 Ye album for me.

The media cycle around its release kinda overwhelmed the album. TLOP kinda feels like Yeezus to me in a way - I like the songs overall, but the song order prevents them from having momentum for me in the way that MBDTF or 808s do.

F!ReW!Re

Number 1 = College Dropout
Then comes;

MBDTF_ALT.jpg

and then the rest in whatever order you guys prefer.

Graduation is the only Ye album I've listened to in full, and it was amazing barring some duds, so it is best by default. The tracks I've heard off of 808s and Pablo didn't really do anything for me.

Also, add me to the list of people calling it nostalgic. It came out in my last year of high school, so it really clicked with me. Kanye and Cake define my first year dorming at college.

Brinbe

We're this close to discography rankings, which is pretty par for the course in Ye threads.

And just so we're clear

LR - Refined sound from TCD and it's perfection, if only for Touch The Sky. Kanye's best song.
TCD - The advance was better than the actual album
808s - Inspired an entire generation of artists. Classic.
MBDTF - Great, but overrated
Yeezus - Great, and underrated
WTT - Some of it holds up, some of it doesn't.
Grad - HIghest of highs, lowest of lows.
TLOP - Uneven. Played well watching him perform it live, but the trash lyrics are a problem
CS - Mercy still bangs I guess

Top Bottom