• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Dragon Quest X reveal coming soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The following image - supposedly a partial glimpse of the DQX logo - is being circulated on certain Japanese blogs, with a number of European sites picking up on it.

66jAq.jpg

The accompanying text indicates that it'll be revealed in an upcoming issue of one of the gaming mags, with Eurogamer's Portugese site even reporting as fact that it'll be in the next issue of V-Jump. However, I'm not sure what the original source for all this is, so take it with a grain of salt for now.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
StuBurns said:
Fixed.

But im pretty sure the scan is face - i cant see SE sending out art assets to jump before announcing or having their dqx press conference.

Laguna

Banned
Father_Brain said:
The following image - supposedly a partial glimpse of the DQX logo - is being circulated on certain Japanese blogs, with a number of European sites picking up on it.

66jAq.jpg

The accompanying text indicates that it'll be revealed in an upcoming issue of one of the gaming mags, with Eurogamer's Portugese site even reporting as fact that it'll be in the next issue of V-Jump. However, I'm not sure what the original source for all this is, so take it with a grain of salt for now.

What? A green Dragon Quest logo what are they trying to tell us?

apana

I was just thinking it would be kind of cool if they had a special incentive for dragon quest x in the west. Each game will ship with a free copy of xenoblade or last story.

cw_sasuke

Spwn said:
Isn't it already confirmed that DQX will be released for Wii?
Yes. And Nintendo is publishing DQ VI in the US ..... so i dont know why expect the IP to suddendly jump to non N-plattform.

GregLombardi said:
Any idea how Dragon Quest IX sold on DS in the Americas? For some reason, I have a feeling this will have an effect on which system the game goes to (If it were to change systems).

Yeah - we all know that Horii is lookin at the US market when deciding which console to put DQ on :D

Any idea how Dragon Quest IX sold on DS in the Americas? For some reason, I have a feeling this will have an effect on which system the game goes to (If it were to change systems).

Rpgmonkey

Would something as major as the next mainline Dragon Quest get its big reveal in Jump?

That seems very atypical of Square Enix. :p

Spwn

cw_sasuke said:
Yes. And Nintendo is publishing DQ VI in the US ..... so i dont know why expect the IP to suddendly jump to non N-plattform.

Thought so. All this platform guessing made me question my sanity.

Spwn said:
Yes, but I think platform begging for portables, while irritating, is at least somewhat justifiable given the trend of the Japanese market.

Spwn said:

Yes. Suggestions of a move to 3DS are nothing more than speculation based on the fact that Wii's software market is less healthy than were those of PSX, PS2, and DS when they got their respective mainline DQ entries.

While a platform switch is well within the realm of possibility, it's still DQ. It'll fly off the shelves in Japan no matter what platform it's on.

Spwn

Kayhan said:
Do we know why the Wii was chosen? Is it simply a matter of the japanese Wii install base?

Yup, DQ games have always been released for the most successful consoles of the generation.

Fritz

SalsaShark said:
Yep

people like to bitch though

risky little game they are playing. Could be real, could be fake, dunno. It's bound to be revealed at some point. The logo looks kinda legit though, don't ask me why. Are DQ games usually revealed in Jump?

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
GregLombardi said:
It did very well. Nintendo picked up publishing duties of VI from Squre-Enix even.

cw_sasuke

reminder said:
Monster Hunter 3 was confirmed for PS3, too. I don't think a confirmation alone means anything these days.

MH 3 Ps3 = Resident Evil on PSP. I doubt that they ever started workin on the Game. Where DQX has been confirmed by Horii as being already in development for Wii + a couple months ago he stated that DQX isnt that far off actually.

Salsa

reminder said:
Monster Hunter 3 was confirmed for PS3, too. I don't think a confirmation alone means anything these days.

Formal confirmation + DQ9 exclusive for DS + Nintendo publishing DQ games..

I bet you money

Father_Brain said:
Yes. Suggestions of a move to 3DS are nothing more than speculation based on the fact that Wii's software market is less healthy than were those of PSX, PS2, and DS when they got their respective mainline DQ entries.

While a platform switch is well within the realm of possibility, it's still DQ. It'll fly off the shelves in Japan no matter what platform it's on.
This, basically.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Kayhan said:
Do we know why the Wii was chosen? Is it simply a matter of the japanese Wii install base?

More or less

DQVII - PS1 - Most popular home console in Japan that generation
DQVIII - PS2 - Most popular home console in Japan that generation
DQIX - NDS - Most popular handheld console in Japan that generation
DQX - Wii - Most popular home console in Japan this generation

Salsa

Is it wrong for me to expect some sort of motion control input ?

In the good way i mean. Given the changes made in DQ9 im expecting at least some sort of innovation for the wii version, i dont think it'll be DQ VIII part 2.

Sipowicz

Banned
3DS and PSP2. persistant online cross platform play for trading and partying up

main characters are yangus and torneko who are taking a break from thieving/trading to have adventures

StuBurns

Banned
cw_sasuke said:
MH 3 Ps3 = Resident Evil on PSP. I doubt that they ever started workin on the Game. Where DQX has been confirmed by Horii as being already in development for Wii + a couple months ago he stated that DQX isnt that far off actually.
Which is why 3DS/PSP2 aren't viable. The DS isn't because the revision needed from a Wii game is too massive.

However with the Wii struggling in Japan, and porting to PS360 being basically piss easy and dirt cheap, there is no reason with the exception of some co-marketing deal with Nintendo not to release it elsewhere. Unless it uses the WiiMote very fundamentally in it's design.

Boney

Banned
I cannot muster an attraction for this reveal. Not with my backlog.

It's probably 2012 for America so no biggie yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom