• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West & Jay-Z present: Watch The Throne

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
sh4uV.gif

Official Album Art:

N81q1.jpg

I paid for those titties, get your own / It ain't safe in the city, Watch The Throne

The collabo album from Kanye West and Jay-Z, following in the footsteps of Best of Both Worlds and Collision Course. Cover designed by Ricardo Tisci of Givenchy.

Official Track Listing:

Standard Edition Tracklist

1. No Church In The Wild feat. Frank Ocean (Prod. By Kanye West, Mike Dean & Ken Lewis)
2. Lift Off feat. Beyoncé (Prod. By Kanye West, Mike Dean, Jeff Bhasker, Q-Tip & Don Jazzy) (Add Vocals. By Seal, Mr Hudson, Don Jazzy, Bankulli and Ricardo Louis)
3. Niggas In Paris (Produced by Hit-Boy)
4. Otis feat. Otis Redding (Produced by Kanye West)
5. Gotta Have It (Produced by The Neptunes)
6. New Day (Produced by The RZA)
7. That’s My Bitch (Produced by Q-Tip & Kanye West)
8. Who Gon Stop Me (Produced by Sham “Sak Pase” Joseph & Kanye West)
9. Murder To Excellence (Produced by Swizz Beatz & S1)
10. Welcome To The Jungle (Produced by Swizz Beatz)
11. Made In America feat. Frank Ocean (Produced by Sham “Sak Pase” Joseph)
12. Why I Love You feat. Mr Hudson (Produced by Mike Dean & Kanye West)

Bonus (Deluxe Edition only):

13. Illest Motherfucker Alive (Produced by Southside & Kanye West)
14. H•A•M (Produced by Lex Luger and Kanye West)
15. Primetime (Produced by No I.D.)
16. The Joy feat. Curtis Mayfield

FULL PRODUCTION CREDITS HERE.

Version Breakdown
  • Standard CD - $13.99 - 10 tracks
  • Standard Digital - $11.99 - 10 tracks
  • Limited Edition Deluxe CD - $16.99 - 10 tracks + 4 bonus songs + Special Packaging
  • Deluxe Digital - $14.99 - 10 tracks + 4 bonus songs

NOTES: Digital versions are exclusive to iTunes. The retail version of the deluxe edition is exclusive to Best Buy. For how long, or if it is indefinitely, is not known at the time.

You can take a peek at the Deluxe version's packaging here.

Release Date: August 8th, 2011 on iTunes and everywhere else retail and digital August 12th, 2011.

The Watch The Throne Tour
The old tour schedule has been revamped and pushed back a few months. So far, although pre-sales are on, they have not released a proper full new schedule as of yet. If you buy tickets to a show, you receive a redemption code from Ticketmaster for a digital download of the standard edition.

Why you should care:
  • Great tracks like So Appalled, Monster, Power Remix and The Joy were initially meant to be on the album before Kanye yanked em (The Joy still is in, but it appears it is a bonus track now.)
  • “It’s like one of those Blueprint, College Dropout, change-the-face-of-music type good.” - Jay-Z
  • Jay-Z and Kanye are doing a collaboration album goddamnit what more do you want

What we know:
  • They've already recorded enough tracks to complete the album, in England and Australia (Part of the recording done in Peter Gabriel's studio. Pictured below.) As of now, it is pretty safe to assume it's completely done from various reports. In fact, they recorded the album 3 different times over, scrapping the previous version as they were not satisfied with the product. The third version is the one that has made retail.
  • Every time you mention the Illuminati in this thread, someone who looks like a camel dies.

Peter-Gabriels-studio-in-Bath.png

Thanks to everyone who's contributed in this thread!

SUPREME1

Banned
Hopefully Kanye is off that devil worship shit.

The fantasy album is an amazing piece of work, but the focus on satan kinda killed it for me.

Ashhong

ImperialConquest said:

The fantasy album is an amazing piece of work, but the focus on satan kinda killed it for me.

Not sure if serious...

ImperialConquest said:

It wasn't even the best death rap album of 2010. That belongs to Death is Silent.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Discotheque said:
Very excite for this one. I hope production is top-notch, I'm fairly sure their verses will be.
Well, Kanye is producing. And That's My Bitch already has a crazy good beat. And Kanye has been channelling the likes of Pete Rock, RZA, getting beats from Madlib (and Soulja Boy, mind you). It's pretty safe to say that the who's who of production have a good chance of popping up.

Perhaps there will even be a R.O.C. Fridays thing or something. Edited OP with info, thanks guys.

Discotheque said:
Hopefully it's more of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGW-tWaUXXs

and less of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FrmK8qQBuQ

Not that the above song isn't great. Love the hook.

BTW: What studio is that in the OP?
So Appalled is pretty much the perfect song, but the production on That's My Bitch is amazing, makes me ignore the meh lyrics.

The studio in OP is Peter Gabriel's studio. This is the studio they worked with in Australia:

0Galr.jpg

A lot of the recording was done just like this, no booth involved. Bits of College Dropout were done like this too, I just hope the audio quality is significantly better than bits of College Dropout :lol

reKon

Banned
LOZLINK said:
Nah, drop this with a j cole feature or two, then drop j coles. Build up some hype.

Was thinking that it would be only them two for some reason. Jay-Z + Kanye West + J. Cole on tracks = 0.o 0.o 0.o, no other hip-hop album for the next 1-2 weeks for me

No! No to R.O.C. Fridays. I appreciate what they did with releasing tracks for us to hear all the time, but this time keep it silent until album hits or leaks.

Yeah, production should be quite good. Not a big fan of That's my Bitch though outside of the hook.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I knew those rumors of it dropping this month were bullshit....and I let my heart believe for a second.

Dali

Hopefully this'll be more Never Change, less Monster. More Blueprint less Dark Fantasy. Not bloody likely though.

jvalioli

wenis said:
I knew those rumors of it dropping this month were bullshit....and I let my heart believe for a second.
The rumors started from (drunkish)Kanye saying that it was coming out next week, but he obviously was talking about the single and some blogs just assumed he meant the album.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
wenis said:
March is still really, really close. Something tells me it'll be delayed till May or June.

If we're doing comparisons, I hope the first single is more Through The Wire and less Kush.

Really in my head, this can't go wrong. Kanye's production chops haven't gone anywhere, so as long as he stays away from Fergie this will be a classic. I mean, ever since TCD I've been dying for a full album of this kind of greatness. One of the best Ye/Jay Collabos, and Ye songs ever.

Esch

Banned
i suspect there will be a lot of jigga and kanye talking about how cool/rich/fashionable/important/intelligent they are

I'm here! Kanye will upholster my pussy yet again.

Edit: best album of last year is not death is silent. It's How I Got Over.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
spindashing said:

This isn't the thread for that.

It was MBDTF by a country mile.

CRS

spindashing said:

YES! MY MAN!

On topic: Pretty excited for this. Haven't heard a single leak and gonna try to keep it that way until the album drops.

Tokubetsu

enzo_gt said:
[ ] Sasquatch
[ ] Godzilla
[ ] King Kong
[ ] Lochness
[ ] Goblin
[ ] Ghoul
[ ] Zombie with no conscience
[X] Tokubetsu

Lamest Jay-Z verse? Kinda hard to tell, he has a lot of wack verses.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Tokubetsu said:
Lamest Jay-Z verse? Kinda hard to tell, he has a lot of wack verses.
Everyone has wack verses. Ye brings out the best in Jay and vice versa. I'm pretty confident we'll get gems out of this. We already got So Appalled, and Jay's bit on the Power Remix was top quality stuff too.

And the Monster verse wasn't as bad as you and everyone else make it out to be. I keep thinking he's focused around addressing Beanie Sigel in that verse anyways, as an explanation for why it wasn't as great as the So Appalled/Power Remix verses.

Tokubetsu

enzo_gt said:
Everyone has wack verses. Ye brings out the best in Jay and vice versa. I'm pretty confident we'll get gems out of this. We already got So Appalled, and Jay's bit on the Power Remix was top quality stuff too.

And the Monster verse wasn't as bad as you and everyone else make it out to be. I keep thinking he's focused around addressing Beanie Sigel in that verse anyways, as an explanation for why it wasn't as great as the So Appalled/Power Remix verses.

You're right, it's not as bad as everyone thinks it is.
It's worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom