• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West & Jay-Z present: Watch The Throne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
never really felt Jay.. so everything he is attached to does nothing for me..

Not saying I think the guy sucks or anything. I respect him a lot, just don't feel him at all.

Ashhong

Blackace said:

Not saying I think the guy sucks or anything. I respect him a lot, just don't feel him at all.

Same. I'm not a huge fan of him, but I'm a giant fan for Ye, so it evens out I guess.

Blackace

Ashhong said:
Same. I'm not a huge fan of him, but I'm a giant fan for Ye, so it evens out I guess.

I am not a huge fan of West as well.. But more of his stuff clicks with me than Jay.. so this album is a little meh on my radar

Robot 492

Banned
Blackace said:

I really like Jay, but his verses on MBDTF were fucking awful. Well, maybe not awful, but they were definitely some of the weakest verses on the album.

"Everybody want to know what my Achilles heel is
loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove"

ugh

Looking forward to more Kanye, though.

Blackace

enzo_gt said:
What'd you think of MBDTF?

Wasn't really impressed. I liked 808's better and just for a couple of songs. Graduation was hot!

Blackace

peterb0y said:
... your damn self.

People like it good for them. I am not saying they are wrong. But did nothing for me at all.

PBY

Banned
Blackace said:
... your damn self.

People like good for them. I am not saying they are wrong. But did nothing for me at all.
Its not that you didn't like it, its that you liked 808s more. Fucking 808s. I did love Graduation though.

Blackace

peterb0y said:
Its not that you didn't like it, its that you liked 808s more. Fucking 808s. I did love Graduation though.

I just like Heartless which by default means I liked 808 better because there isn't a song I like on MBDaTF

Blackace

peterb0y said:
Ice cold:lol

I can only keep it 100

I don't lie to fit in...

Ask my opinions about a lot of artist I am sure my opinion varies quite a bit from the norm..

Like the best Outkast album and so on..

Blackace

Ken Masters said:
he doesn't like it, who cares? bigger question is why is he in this thread to begin with if the album is just "meh" to him

Because they are some big names in an industry that I love and work in as a DJ I don't get to play what I like as much as what is hot.. but thanks for playing..

PBY

Banned
Blackace said:
I can only keep it 100

I don't lie to fit in...

Ask my opinions about a lot of artist I am sure my opinion varies quite a bit from the norm..

whats your fav outkast album?

Blackace said:
Because they are some big names in an industry that I love and work in as a DJ I don't get to play what I like as much as what is hot.. but thanks for playing..

Thanks for playing? I'm just going by what information is presented in this thread, didn't realize I was supposed to know about your DJing

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Blackace said:
I can only keep it 100

I don't lie to fit in...

Idlewild.

amirite?

Fake edit: whoa quick replies ahoy.

Blackace said:
When you wake up listen to his good albums
They're all good albums. MBDTF > Graduation & 808s IMO.

Or are you very upset with the Jigga verse on Monster as well?

Blackace

Ken Masters said:
Thanks for playing? I'm just going by what information is presented in this thread, didn't realize I was supposed to know about your DJing

Well besides the fact that it's my job to be in every thread I can be in..

and it is well known that I am a huge hip-hop fan.. SO I believe I can speak on two of biggest names in the game even if I am not busting a nut about them making an album together...

Blackace

enzo_gt said:
Idlewild.

amirite?

Fake edit: whoa quick replies ahoy.

That fake Outkast album put out by imposters?

Recon

Banned
Im coming to realize i really dont like MBDTF as much as i initially thought. I think he overproduced several tracks, and including cuts like monster was,imo, a terrible choice. Blame game is one of the only tracks i love, with Dark Fantasy and All of The Lights a distant 2nd and third...i just cant even put it anywhere near his first three albums, and its only slightly above 808's for me.

ReconYoda said:
Im coming to realize i really dont like MBDTF as much as i initially thought. I think he overproduced several tracks, and including cuts like monster was,imo, a terrible choice. Blame game is one of the only tracks i love, with Dark Fantasy and All of The Lights a distant 2nd and third...i just cant even put it anywhere near his first three albums, and its only slightly above 808's for me.
The only track that I feel Kanye overproduced in My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy is All of the Lights. He went all out with it, but it is tolerable aside from Fergie's addition.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
spindashing said:
The only track that I feel Kanye overproduced in My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy is All of the Lights. He went all out with it, but it is tolerable aside from Fergie's addition.
Runaway too, but overproduced or not, I just can't hate on All of the Lights. It's still such an amazing fucking song, bar none. Beyond that, if we hadn't heard the leaks, there would be constant eargasms inbetween scheduled complaints of Fergie.

Listening to All of the Lights makes me feel like I just conquered a continent. those trumpets, oh my

PBY

Banned
enzo_gt said:
Runaway too, but overproduced or not, I just can't hate on All of the Lights. It's still such an amazing fucking song, bar none. Beyond that, if we hadn't heard the leaks, there would be constant eargasms inbetween scheduled complaints of Fergie.

Listening to All of the Lights makes me feel like I just conquered a continent. those trumpets, oh my
I didn't realize it was on the radio, but they played it at my gym yesterday. I felt like I could run through walls while it was playing.

All of the Lights is a hot mess of a song. Its the worst song of the album and a strong contender for worst song of any Kanye album.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Pinko Marx said:
All of the Lights is a hot mess of a song. Its the worst song of the album and a strong contender for worst song of any Kanye album.
It's pretty damn awesome. Take it at face value, ignore the notion that there are 15 features, and it's still an awesome song. One of my favourite Kanye songs ever.

When that bass drops too, oh my *puts AOTL on repeat*

Pinko Marx said:

Ugh...why do I keep coming back to GAF...I'm hoping you're joking

Pinko Marx said:
I wouldn't say it's a bad track. Kanye just did "too much" with it. If he replaced Fergie with anyone else, it would have been a better.

It's still produced well nonetheless. It's a great song to ride with.

I will admit, the version with Drake that leaked on the net beforehand had Kanye sounding a little more hungry than he sounded on the album version.

Although Runaway had the autotune voice, it's still my favorite track on the album. :lol Am I the only one that hears Bad News at some parts during that random part?

Blackace said:
Well besides the fact that it's my job to be in every thread I can be in..

and it is well known that I am a huge hip-hop fan.. SO I believe I can speak on two of biggest names in the game even if I am not busting a nut about them making an album together...

who said anything about you having to bust a nut about them making an album together?

PBY

Banned
spindashing said:
I wouldn't say it's a bad track. Kanye just did "too much" with it. If he replaced Fergie with anyone else, it would have been a better.

I will admit, the version with Drake that leaked on the net beforehand had Kanye sounding a little more hungry than he sounded on the album version.

Although Runaway had the autotune voice, it's still my favorite track on the album. :lol Am I the only one that hears Bad News at some parts during that random part?
I like the censored Runaway version better than the dirty version- I sent a picture of my HEY! :lol

spindashing said:

I'm assuming Fergie is the one singing most of the chorus, right? There's nothing wrong with her...I feel people are only hating it cuz they know it's her. If you didn't know you wouldn't care

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
spindashing said:

I totally think of Bad news every goddamn time. But, Runaway is my least favourite song on the album though. Its just.. too long. I know every song is really long, but Runaway feels artificially extended, whereas all other songs don't even though they were artificially extended.

Zoramon089 said:
I'm assuming Fergie is the one singing most of the chorus, right? There's nothing wrong with her...I feel people are only hating it cuz they know it's her. If you didn't know you wouldn't care
DID I NOT MENTION I WAS ABOUT TO DO THAT LINE?

Recon

Banned
spindashing said:

I think several tracks were over produced:

1.All of the Lights(Worst offender, i swear he just wanted so see how much shit he could cram into one song)
2.Power
3.Runaway
4.Lost in the World

and i think "who will survive in america" was a completely useless track.

PBY

Banned
I think POWER is pretty much perfect, and who will survive in America, is imho, a great way to close out the album.

Zoramon089 said:
Thats Rihanna, Fergie has a verse

Zoramon089 said:
No. That's Rihanna, who I have no issue with.

Fergie does the third verse, after Kid Cudi does his little bit.

Unemployment lineeee credit card declinneee
Did I mention I was about to do that linneee

Shut up shut...up. -_-

Recon

Banned
Zoramon089 said:

No, fergie did the female rap, rihanna was on most of the hook.

Robot 492

Banned
Pinko Marx said:
Agreed. Although, tracks like So Appalled and Dark Fantasy make up for it, and I still loved the album.

ReconYoda said:
I think several tracks were over produced:

1.All of the Lights(Worst offender, i swear he just wanted so see how much shit he could cram into one song)
2.Power
3.Runaway
4.Lost in the World

and i think "who will survive in america" was a completely useless track.
I guess everyone's entitled to their own opinion. I can't knock on you for that. Lost in the World and Who Will Survive In America are perfect enders to the album. I feel Lost in the World should be longer, but then again, I treat both tracks as one sole track. I never play Lost in the World by itself and the same goes for Who Will Survive In America.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom