• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: NeoGAF 2011 Starcraft II OPEN Tournament

IceMarker

TOURNAMENT IS OVER, BRACKETS CONTAIN SPOILERS!
2j19ymg.png

Introduction
The NeoGAF 2011 Starcraft II Invitational was just the beginning. The NGOpen is the real deal. Here in this 32 man strong tournament in a double elimination tournament format, 32 players will compete to become the ultimate GAF king of Starcraft II. Everyone will have to bring their A-game if they're willing to become the better gamer. We're not kidding, all players will have to make good build orders, practice timings, and keep up good confidence to stay alive in this tourney! GL HF everyone! Remember that this tournament was made by the GAF community, for the GAF community, and we hope everyone from players to viewers to casters have a good time in what is possibly the biggest and most official NeoGAF Starcraft II Tournament to date!

Tourney Information:
  • Tourney format was 32 player, double elimination.
  • The tournament was for NA and SEA accounts only.
  • Brackets were seeded by ladder rank in a 'zig-zag' format.

RULES:
  1. Maps were selected by both participants of a match. Initial map was decided on a coin toss between both choices of the players, and subsequent maps were chosen by the loser of the previous match. No map may be played twice in the same match.
  2. If you did not show up online in Starcraft II to play on the day(s) of your match you will be disqualified, no questions asked.
  3. Players must declare their race and stick with it throughout the tourney.
  4. Typing 'gg' into chat means you forfeit the match, even if it was intended as a joke.
  5. If you were on NeoGAF's Mumble server and were playing a match, you must deafen yourself before the match begins.

Staff:
  • Tournament Organizer: MrMister
  • Video/Stream Manager: Corran Horn
  • Coordination Assistant: Pandaman
  • Caster: Feep
  • Caster: Scogoth
  • Caster: Splinter
  • Caster: Hazaro

Streams, VODs, and Replays:

Brackets: (Click here for Bottom Brackets)
bIwGG.png

Prizes:
  • Grand Prize: $80 Cash Prize; One (1) Steam game under $20; HandsomeNerd Apparel; $50 NewEgg Card; A 'Special' Mouse Pad
  • Second Prize: $30 Cash Prize; One (1) Steam game under $10; A 'Special' Mouse Pad
  • Third Prize: One (1) Steam game under $5; A 'Special' Mouse Pad

Donators:
  • EviLore
  • MrMister
  • Pandaman
  • Keikaku
  • Scogoth
  • Slavik
  • Procarbine
  • Ezrarh

Winner of the NGOpen will also face a not-so-secret pro-gamer in another Champion v Pro Showmatch!

Map Pool:
6x9BQ.png

Main Starcraft II Thread Located Here
TeamLiquid Thread Located Here
<PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT!>

Lathentar

Looking for Pants
Sounds good. Are you going to have take the top 32 people that want to enter? I'm an average platinum player, but wouldn't mind playing in this.

Spl1nter

I WILL BE VICTORIOUS

Lathentar said:
Sounds good. Are you going to have take the top 32 people that want to enter? I'm an average platinum player, but wouldn't mind playing in this.

Its completely open

IceMarker

Lathentar said:
If we get more than 32 players I will have to pick only the highest of the 32 on official ladder. Most of GAF is Diamond/Platinum/Gold. More details will come in the registration thread.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
MrMister said:
If we get more than 32 players I will have to pick only the highest of the 32 on official ladder. Most of GAF is Diamond/Platinum/Gold. More details will come in the registration thread.
But I'm a 0 point plat :[

WedgeX

Banned
I wish I was patient enough to improve. Then I'd play!

I wish I was observant enough to absorb more gameplay. Then I'd try my hand at casting!

Instead, I'll stick to rooting for panda.

First official member of the panda defense force?

Wedge7

Damn, might actually come out of my semi retirement and start playing. Hopefully I'll actually remember when the signups occur.

Mystery

I'm definitely interested in playing. I've been distracted with Black Ops for the past 2 months, but I signed on SCII the other day and I'm still in the middle of my diamond division.

Aylinato

WedgeX said:
I wish I was patient enough to improve. Then I'd play!

I wish I was observant enough to absorb more gameplay. Then I'd try my hand at casting!

Instead, I'll stick to rooting for panda.

First official member of the panda defense force?
2nd official member, but you can be captain and also in control of forum defense

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
I'll enter. Just need to practice my 1v1 game, since I've pretty much been playing exclusively 2v2 or 3v3 for the past few months.

Reppin' la zerg.

BigAT

Kudos to MrMister for organizing the GAF-Starcraft community. Between GAF Nights and these last two tournaments, things are really kicking now.

Consider me in for this!

Spl1nter

All these people planning to play in the tournament. I may just have to plan to lose in the first round so I can dominate even more scrubs.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
God I'd like to get "serious" with sc2, but the little amount of dabbling I've done in the MP I got run over by siege tanks before my scv was finished with my 1st supply depot or something :'[

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
jasonng said:
Evilore wins by default. He'll threaten to ban anyone who defeats him.

I ain't scured!
see you in the finals.

we both know these copper leaguers aint got what it takes.

Zen

Banned
Sign me up, who do I have to e-mail with the particulars on the 3rd, or will all that information be forthcoming?

Top Bottom