• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: NeoGAF 2011 Starcraft II OPEN Tournament

IceMarker

Zen said:
Sign me up, who do I have to e-mail with the particulars on the 3rd, or will all that information be forthcoming?
You just need to post with the information I tell you to post in the forthcoming thread on Thursday.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
VODs up for the previous tournament:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=25687065&postcount=263
Corran Horn said:
Click Here for the Round of 16 Post of VODs and Replays

Click Here for the Round of 8 and Semi-Finals Post of VODs and Replays

2daem0y.png

Finals - 3rd Place Set - Showmatch ...BABY!

Blip.tv: http://corran.blip.tv/
Justin.tv Videos: http://www.justin.tv/corran666/videos
Justin.tv Stream: http://www.justin.tv/corran666
Neogaf Replays: http://www.askcorran.com/replays/
-Have replays that are not here and want them to be? Just send them my way and I will upload.
NeoGAF Wiki Entry: Click Here
-Just created, will update in upcoming time with better stuff

Finals:
Panda v. Jasonng

final.jpg

Blip.tv - Justin.tv
Replays:
Game 1
Game 2
Game 3
Game 4
Game 5
Game 6
Game 7

3rd Place Set:
Ultron v. Slavik

3rd.jpg

Blip.tv - Justin.tv
Replays:
Game 1
Game 2
Game 3

Full Stream of Finals and 3rd Place Set
r8r42.jpg

Blip.tv - Justin.tv

FXOSheth Showmatch with Finals Victor
fxosheth.jpg

Blip.tv - Justin.tv
Replays:
Game 1
Game 2

Short Chat with FXOSheth Post-Slaughter
interview.jpg

Blip.tv

Notes:
-To remain spoiler free, games that ended after the 2nd game, I put a placeholder replay file as Game 3.
-Let me know of any errors or bad links

IceMarker

Good interview with Sheth! Maybe this tourney he could make another appearance or maybe another pro could join us. Looking at you HolyCheck!

IceMarker

Mystery said:
Will I be allowed to switch races in this tournament, or will I have to choose just one?
You must choose one race and stick with it the entire tournament. Random is allowed as well.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
If i join can i get a friend in aswell? He is a lurker ;D

IceMarker

Mr Cola said:
If i join can i get a friend in aswell? He is a lurker ;D
He can register, but GAF members will come first, basically if we get over 32 registrants GAF members will be put at higher priority.

IceMarker

mescalineeyes said:
MrMister will you be going by our rating on the US server when you decide on the priority?
You mean by seeding as well? Yes, I'd prefer to use your US account rank and points, as you will be facing mainly NA players from all over the US and Canada.

MrMister said:
You mean by seeding as well? Yes, I'd prefer to use your US account rank and points, as you will be facing mainly NA players from all over the US and Canada.

no more laddering on EU then. Thanks!

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Spl1nter said:
WTF Kulas. Zerg cannot win tourny now
yea... thats map was so bad it was the first taken out of ladder in the second month, its inarguably imba. wtf mrmister?

you know nobody plays kulas anymore, nobody is going to pick it for a TvP. you're putting it in there just so a T or P can pick it and break alot of zergs defensive mechanics. T throws away one reaper and zerg losses an expo until a slow ovie gets there. P gets blink and zerg wont ever be able to catch his units. P 4gates, zergs creep is crippled and his roaches have to cross empty areas with no speed. the map is fucked, get it out of here.

MrMister said:

Why not expand it to a 64 player tourney is more than 32 players are interested? You can always use a bye system, where players move on without facing an opponennt

IceMarker

Staff list has been updated with our casters by the way. Not to say these casters are going to cast every single game, but they have been trusted as the official ones for their insightful commentary, hilariousness, and activity on GAF nights. Anyone is welcome to cast the tournament games as long as you have a microphone and have access to NeoGAF's Mumble server.

Haunted

I see Panda is already preemptively QQing?

Not behaviour fit of a NeoGAF invitational Champion, sir. I know you feel obligated to QQ at every chance, playing Zerg and all, but do try to restrain yourself.

That said, Agria Valley is obviously favouring Terran. :p

perryfarrell said:
Why not expand it to a 64 player tourney is more than 32 players are interested? You can always use a bye system, where players move on without facing an opponennt
Seconded. As soon as the player pool moves past 48, making it a 64 player tournament becomes viable. Just seed the Invitational players so they get the byes first round.

YakiSOBA

Does everything go in this tournament? Can I expect random people to all-in cheese and all that? Or is it shunned?

Corran Horn

YakiSOBA said:
Does everything go in this tournament? Can I expect random people to all-in cheese and all that? Or is it shunned?
Its allowed. But Evilore may ban you for being cheesy

...jk

nilbog21

Banned
ahahah those panda gifs are so funny, what is that from??

when he kicks the food after he knocks the cart down, eyes dead-fixed on the dude ahaha or when he glances at the nurse after he unplugs the IV, fucking brilliant

Corran Horn

a176 said:
wtf @ map pool

why dont u just use the new GSL maps if you're looking for extra maps
Sticking to blizzard maps only for this tournament. Maybe things will change for next.

Top Bottom