• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

From Software director interested in bringing Dark Souls to PSP2

duckroll

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-02-04-miyazaki-up-for-doing-dark-souls-ngp

Hidetaka Miyazaki, the man behind Demon's Souls, has said he'd be interested in producing an instalment in the series for the Sony NGP.

"I like the platform. It's very attractive," he told Eurogamer during a recent interview.

"We're not considering it right now but there's always a chance. There's always a sense that I'd like to try and do something on that platform."

"If we were going to port [the series] to the NGP, I would probably redesign it so it fits the handheld," Miyazaki confirmed. "It won't be a straight port, if we do happen to do it."

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Invade people's worlds by walking near them. Person has to find you in the crowd and kill you to win.

Man

Y2Kev said:
Invade people's worlds by walking near them. Person has to find you in the crowd and kill you to win.
You do this by swiping the others players backpad. And then you run!

Man

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
*joins one of the tents.*

It's gonna be nice and cosy.

our-generation-fits-18-american-girl-camping-tent-set_120657289876.jpg

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I hope it go like this.

Demon's Souls 2 for NGP
Dark Souls for 360/PS3
Souls 3D for 3DS

yeah..I will buy all of them.

Emitan

My body cannot possibly explain my readiness.

I've been saying for months that PSP2 + Dark Souls = instant buy. Make it happen, From.

MYE

huh?
Demon's Souls is the opposite of portable friendly.

edit: But so is MH, so what do i know...

Emitan

MYE said:
huh?

Demon's Souls can't be changed to make it portable. You must change yourself.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
MYE said:
huh?

If we were going to port [the series] to the NGP, I would probably redesign it so it fits the handheld

they know that, and from this it look like they will most likely add pause feature and change other stuff to make it more portable friendly.

and iirc and correct me if i am wrong the games ( Dark Souls+Demon's Souls ) run on Sony's Phyre Engine so I think it will be easy/cheap for them to port it to NGP.

Canova

Banned
do it. Miyazaki, please do it!!!

Sony, please open your wallet and pay this guy lots of money to bring more Souls games to PS platforms

They will probably make the areas more broken up and smaller (so 1-1,1-2,2-1 etc) for portable play
Like a lot of portable titles take a more mission based approach to the progression, DS would be how it is now - only with smaller areas, but more of them

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I was just wondering about this.

If you'll excuse me, I'll go back there think about a Pokémon MMO.

Emitan

Brazil said:
I was just wondering about this.

If you'll excuse me, I'll go back there think about a Pokémon MMO.
I finally realized why Nintendo will never make a Pokemon MMO: No one would ever buy another video game again.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Billychu said:
I finally realized why Nintendo will never make a Pokemon MMO: No one would ever buy another video game again.
That's probably true. :(

But let's not derail.

I love me some console games on handhelds, so keep 'em coming.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Corto said:
NGP will be too expensive to harbor a demon's souls sequel.

1) You don't know the price.
2) The price of the system has zero bearing on the possibility of a game being released on it, within reason.

Corto

WanderingWind said:
1) You don't know the price.
2) The price of the system has zero bearing on the possibility of a game being released on it, within reason.

It has for me. I don't want to break my beautiful NGP when I get my ass handed to me again, and again, and again... ;)

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Awesome game design like Demon's Souls works anywhere. The atmosphere is going to suffer for sure if you can't give it your attention for a decent chunk of time, but I think the gameplay would stand up.

In Demon's Souls provided you aren't attacking or being attacked, you can pretty much set the controller down in complete confidence that you aren't going to die. Nothing's going to hunt you down.

Yes, your next step has a high chance of getting you dead, but you have to take that step first!

Also, the huge sense of "conquest" in knowing once you've cleared the gauntlet up to a certain point, you can always back up through there safely... at least if you're playing in soul form and so aren't going to be invaded. PVP on/off.

I could definitely see a NGP version of Demon's Souls working, not sure how Dark Souls one-worldyness will change things though.

Cross platform play and leaving messages over 3G could be brilliant. The again if there is the chance of it being an all new Demon's Souls 2 rather than a Dark Souls port, i'd rather have that.

Top Bottom