• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Orginal Xbox 1 gamertags finally being deleted.

wwm0nkey

Well even though the original Xbox Live was shut down the gamertags that where never upgraded to 360 stayed. Well looks like they are in the process of being deleted today, a few of my friends where able to change their tags to what they originally wanted. So if there was a tag you want that was on the OG Xbox check today.

Note: Not all tags are gone yet but a few of them seem to be going away.

Rose4king

Neo Member
My original GT was soulking ricky and i just changed it to just soulking im so happy they are deleting the old gamer tags it was worth 800 just to remove 5 letters :)

Fox Mulder

how do you know when one is available? I know you can enter names into the website, but a few I tried still show they're OG Xbox accounts.

wwm0nkey

bkfount said:
how do you know when one is available? I know you can enter names into the website, but a few I tried still show they're OG Xbox accounts.
try to change your tag and it will say if its available or not.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Wario64 said:
Cool but I'm not paying $10 to go back to Wario64

We should make an official XBL name change thread where we all post our GTs, get all of gaf to file complaints, then get forced to change it for free.

Thank god....

I had my original gamer tag on xbox 1, the i let my subscription lapse and when I went back to sign up for live when I got a 360 the tag was no longer available...so I had to slightly modify it to my current tag

Boney said:
You have to pay?

Oh god
Yep. Been that way for awhile now

feel

How did you find out about it?? Is this an ongoing thing or they're done deleting??

I've tried some I wanted and they're all still dead xbox1 accounts... :(

wwm0nkey

Letters said:
How did you find out about it?? Is this an ongoing thing or they're done deleting??

I've tried some I wanted and they're all still dead xbox1 accounts... :(
Friends kept on telling me. That SoulKing guy is actually my friend too and he has been going on for about 2 years how he wished he could change his tag :lol

Haunted

wwm0nkey said:
Friends kept on telling me. That SoulKing guy is actually my friend too and he has been going on for about 2 years how he wished he could change his tag :lol
Good old Ricky.

wwm0nkey

Again guys remember not all tags are gone right now. seems like they are just slowly being delete and im not sure if this is a 1 day process or not.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Stuck with my same tag since I started on Xbox, I was lucky it wasn't in use and I didn't have to use X's or random numbers (because I am unoriginal).

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
wwm0nkey said:
Kind of want to contact Microsoft to ask them what the process of deletion is.
Seriously. Both names I would change to both dont have any Gamer Score.

"Blue Ninja" is still taken.

Oh well, I'm not gonna spend 800 MSP on it, I'm happy with the one I've got now. Well, except for the fact my GT basically commands me to use blue armor in the Halo series.

kuYuri

Papercuts said:
We should make an official XBL name change thread where we all post our GTs, get all of gaf to file complaints, then get forced to change it for free.

Don't bother, that doesn't work.

Trike

Dammit, "Trike" is still taken. I've been silently feuding with him since the original Xbox. He went on to use the gamertag on the 360 as well.

bkfount said:

If the name is still on the website it will still be active. If you get an error page it is not active. If it just shows the old Xbox emblem and they have no gamerscore/games played then it is an original Xbox gamertag that will be deleted.

bkfount said:
do you have to pay $10 before or after though?

After. If you try one that is not available it will tell you. If it is available it will give you the option to confirm.

wwm0nkey

Really do have to give credit on SoulKing for telling me about this btw.

Oh also if any of you can try to contact Microsoft about this so we can get an official response.

Mo0

So are the tags being deleted as we speak, or was there just one wave and now everything's remaining stagnant for the time being?

I want to change my tag so bad :(

Jetku

So I just tried to change my tag and decided to look at their suggestions. While they are all strange, one was just...well..

FertileOrphan

...?

Top Bottom