• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animales de la Muerte for PC, PSN, XBLA

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-03-03-animales-de-la-muerte-for-pc-psn-xbla

Animales de la Muerte, a formerly Wii-exclusive twin-stick shooter from Conduit developer High Voltage, has crossed the floor and will now launch on PC, PlayStation Network and Xbox Live Arcade later this year.

The game, which sees you gunning down hoardes of undead animals in order to liberate uninfected critters from the city zoo, was originally unveiled as a Wii title in 2008.

Now, nearly three years later, High Voltage has announced it will not be heading to a Nintendo platform after all.

"We felt like it was maybe a better fit on the next gen platforms, both content-wise and gameplay-wise," studio mouthpiece Eric Stoll told Eurogamer. "We can have more enemies on screen, and it's probably a little more acceptable to have really over-the-top violence in an Xbox game than on the Wii.

"Sure," he added when pushed on whether commercial concerns played a role too. "That definitely factored into our decision as well. I'd definitely say Xbox Live games outsell WiiWare games."

The game features two player co-operative and competitive modes, and will launch later this year.

ss_preview_HVS_Animales_3_1_2011_04.jpg.jpg

ss_preview_HVS_Animales_3_1_2011_10.jpg.jpg

studio mouthpiece Eric Stoll
Mouthpiece doesn't sound like a nice title, poor dude.

Well I can understand why they would want a twinstick shooter on platforms that have twinsticks. The only reason it wouldn't go multiplatform is if Nintendo gave them a sack of cash, otherwise High Voltage would just be leaving money on the table not giving PSN and XBLA gamers a chance to buy it.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Well it was in developement on the Wii for Aggeeeeeeeeeeees, now bring it to DD on the HD Platforms? hmm ok cool, no worries, just where be the Grinder, do not cancel that on the Wii and keep the twin stick XBLA version as well.

jufonuk said:
Well it was in developement on the Wii for Aggeeeeeeeeeeees, now bring it to DD on the HD Platforms?
I think its more likely it started as a WiiWare tech demo, trhey saw it was going to get to 40MB but then decided to do it retail (or maybe they're other WiiWare stuff did bad). They were working on the Conduit so I guess got busy and sheleved it for a few years and now there isn't really much WiiWare or Wii Retail market to speak of.

I'm amazed its back from the dead personally. Nice to see some new screenshots as well.

Flakster99

Heh. It's been three years since they've announced this.
3 long years. I've all but forgotten about this game. Shame these new screen shots do nothing for me.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I wonder just which reasons they went for "Not WiiWare" over Wiiware. Nintendo not willing (no longer?) to pay for an exclusive deal, not being able to fit the game in the size constraints, or sales projections.

Also, I am surprised it took over 3 years to make this, and it looks like little has changed.

Zoc

So is third-party software on the Wii completely and utterly dead now? Am I out of the loop, is there anything coming out?

Zoc said:
So is third-party software on the Wii completely and utterly dead now? Am I out of the loop, is there anything coming out?
Its in ER on the operating theatre and Nintendo is refusing to pay the medical bills as they're too busy with 3DS. To be frank, DS seems to be heading a similar way.

WiiWare-wise about the only big things I can think of are: Liiight in a couple of weeks (this thing was in development for ages), FAST (by Shin'en) and the two Nicalis games LaManula and Night sky (note: this one is out on PC, there is a demo available but I've not tried it...the stream screenshots seemed to be 640*480 badly scaled to 1080p though :( ). Then again I kind of stopped following WiiWare seriously in 2009 (was too depressing seeing games take forever to come out in Europe...if they ever did). I'm sure there will also be all inds of surprises some of which might actually be good but most of which will probably be "how is this going to get **** sales so Nintendo actually pay them before 24 months?". And Fireplace simulators.

Retail has games comnig out but I can't name anything off my head. Its probably in a better state than Gamecube 2006 (not so much for first party
until they reveal surprises...
) in terms of new releases and actual sales due to some stuff having nearly undying populatiry. The GBA showed how well a system can survive on life support (even with the plug pulled out).

Drkirby said:
Also, I am surprised it took over 3 years to make this, and it looks like little has changed.
Saying they took 3 years on this is like saying Nintendo took 7 years on Steel Diver and 20 years on Miis. I'd agree if they had done nothing since...

Bizzyb

Banned
Starwolf_UK said:
Its in ER on the operating theatre and Nintendo is refusing to pay the medical bills as they're too busy with 3DS. To be frank, DS seems to be heading a similar way.
Retail has games comnig out but I can't name anything off my head. Its probably in a better state than Gamecube 2006 (not so much for first party
until they reveal surprises...
) in terms of new releases and actual sales due to some stuff having nearly undying populatiry. The GBA showed how well a system can survive on life support (even with the plug pulled out).

Speaking of which, what ARE the biggest 3rd party games left on Wii

Conduit 2 and....?

damn this is depressing indeed

markatisu

When the game actually launches I will try to care, I mean it has been coming for like 2 years at this point. We have went from WiiWare to Retail now to Digital Distribution on everything but Wii.

......it's probably a little more acceptable to have really over-the-top violence in an Xbox game than on the Wii.

Sounds like someone who doesn't know shit about video games.
Just say "we thought it would do better on other platforms." next time my dude.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
supabrett said:

That's what he did say :p

By acceptable, he doesn't mean "Nintendo will ban us from releasing this game on their system but Microsoft won't", he means "the audience will be more receptive to the product".

Bizzyb

Banned
supabrett said:

Who is that in your avatar?

VAIL

Looks like Viva Pinata and Samba De Amigo had a retarded child together....

Keep flopping around HVS something will stick eventually.

Top Bottom