• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I am the GAME WIZARD! I come bearing visions of the future!

0vAI1.jpg

BE'WARE, Men of the Middle Planes! I am Graybone Buttonpresser, Grand Gamemancer of the Fifth World. Doom has sent me to thy midst, bearing prophecies and visions of what is to come!

Though my prognostications may seem strange and queer to thy eyes, I swear on the Spirits of Anhur'ath that they are all true!

Now, let us reflect upon my scrying orb, that we may witness to this terrible new world!

47CZ4.png
Nintendo will release a new console barely any more powerful than the last. It will be called Wii and be based on motion controls, as its controller is a white remote control-like stick! It will be the most popular home console of the generation, and imitators will follow!

47CZ4.png
A new X-COM will be made, and it will be a first-person shooter!

47CZ4.png
The director of Super Metroid will return to home consoles! The collaboration with Tecmo will result in a linear, non-exploratory Metroid filled with anime dialogue and arbitrary restrictions!

47CZ4.png
SSX will become a dark gritty game, based on survival and extreme mountainsides!

47CZ4.png
Prey will finally be released in 2006! Its portal mechanics will be underused, and the game itself ultimately forgettable! The sequel five years later will star a black ops marine type!

47CZ4.png
Games based on doing exercise and math problems will become the newest craze!

47CZ4.png
First-person shooters will evolve into new exciting forms! The style of play shall be based on hiding behind waist-high obstructions, while red jam smears your screen and loud obnoxious noises and screen shaking constantly bug you! You will move slower and aim less accurately than ever before, thanks to a system where you must stick your gun up your noise to auto-aim, and single player will be based on running through small corridors! Any game not using these conventions is considered outdated!

47CZ4.png
Duke Nukem Forever will be released!

MORE PROPHECIES SHALL FOLLOW!

mlR9W.jpg

Azure J

Thread needed more "Megaman Legends the third will also be released, however the figurehead behind it will abandon ship before pre-production."

EmCeeGramr said:
47CZ4.png
The director of Super Metroid will return to home consoles! The collaboration with Tecmo will result in a linear, non-exploratory Metroid filled with anime dialogue and arbitrary restrictions!
Like Nintendo would ever let that happen. The hell do you have brewing in your cauldron of catastrophe to see that?

MORE PORTENTS OF WHAT WILL COME

47CZ4.png
The creator of Final Fantasy will forsake his company! He will release several new games, all of which will be kinda middling!

47CZ4.png
Resident Evil will cease being a horror title! After moving to an action format in the fourth installment, Resident Evil 5 will drop all pretense of horror.

47CZ4.png
BioWare will release a spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate! It will be their most successful game ever, and in response they will rush out a sequel aimed at those who didn't like the first.

47CZ4.png
The follow-up to the Xbox will be called the Xbox 360! This is because Microsoft was afraid that "Xbox 2" would look worse than "PlayStation 3." This is an actual thing!

47CZ4.png
Atlus will wait over 5 years before developing a title for the next generation of games consoles! It will be from their most successful RPG team, and be based on pushing blocks around.

THE WIZARD KNOWS ALL

Dark Schala said:
Dear Prophet! What will Square-Enix do in this future you prophesize?
47CZ4.png
Square-Enix will release nothing but Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest games for years at a time, and release many long-awaited sequels exclusively for telephones and handhelds!

47CZ4.png
Final Fantasys XI and XIV will be multiplayer online RPGs, or "MMORPGs." Final Fantasy XIII will take five years to make and will still be terrible.

Colocho

Banned
AceBandage said:
WOOSH!
The sound of the thread flying past your head.
Yeah, because I totally didn't get that he's saying how the gaming industry has changed this gen in the form of "predictions"...

Colocho said:
Yeah, because I totally didn't get that he's saying how the gaming industry has changed this gen in the form of "predictions"...

He was giving predictions of things that had already happened... some years ago.
I mean, it was a pretty easy joke to get.

Gattsu25

Banned
Dear Lord! Why must the future be so grim?

Tell me, with so many enjoying the likes of Planescape.. what impact will this game have on the RPGs of the future?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
i think we could work a little Blizzard into this stew

Geek

Ninny Prancer
Please, wizard, bring us good news about the game Too Human. I am considering purchasing a PlayStation to play this magical game! When will it arrive?

Wii? holy shit, Nintendo has fallen. HARD. why the fuck would they choose a kiddy ass name like that? no way anyone would buy that piece of shit. goddamn it, just stop Nintendo. wasn't the Gamecube enough?

Neuromancer said:
Prophet: will Sony's star continue to rise?
47CZ4.png
Sony shall release the PlayStation 3 for Five-Hundreds, Nine-Tens, and Nine, American Dollars. They will also release a handheld comparable to current home devices, yet it will quickly fall stricken with piracy! After many years, they release a glowing lollipop controller.

OTHER MISSIVES FROM THE LADY OF FATE:

47CZ4.png
Microsoft will create a camera controller. You will wave your hands to play minigames and fitness and dancing titles. It will be the fastest selling consumer electronics device ever sold.

47CZ4.png
Valve will release many games and new IPs repeatedly, in a short time span. They will do this by ignoring Half-Life.

47CZ4.png
Blizzard will make an online RPG in which you click on things to get more levels to click on more things. It will gain millions of subscribers!

47CZ4.png
Team Fortress 2 will be released. It will be a cartoon cel-shaded slapstick shooter based on a 1950s/1960s war theme and wacky stereotypes. After years of free updates comparable to several expansion packs, Valve will allow you to purchase purely cosmetic items via a store. People will complain that the gameplay and serious tone has been ruined, then pay anyway.

47CZ4.png
Bethesda shall charge two dollars for armor on a horse. Gamers will stand in protest, then sit down wheezing and exhausted. In later years it will be one of the relatively less evil forms of paid downloadable content.

47CZ4.png
Companies shall use websites that restrict messages to no more than 140 characters, in order to hype announcements of announcements!

Azure J

What be the fate of handhelds in this perturbed future thou depict? Surely they too will not fall to follies of man's own decision.

Furthermore, what of the Pokemon franchise? Surely Nintendo will venture out into glorious spectacle and fully immersive pasture with a scenario as rife for it as this.

EmCeeGramr said:
47CZ4.png
Bethesda shall charge two dollars for armor on a horse. Gamers will stand in protest, then sit down wheezing and exhausted. In later years it will be one of the relatively less evil forms of paid downloadable content.

47CZ4.png
Companies shall use websites that restrict messages to no more than 140 characters, in order to hype announcements of announcements!

No more, wizard! I can't bare to hear the rest of this grisly future!

Fredescu said:
Oh wizard, what say you of Bomberman? Of Fallout?
47CZ4.png
Bomberman will undergo a gritty reboot into a tortured cyborg, then all will be immediately forgotten! Hudson shall return to rereleasing and milking Bomberman until the end of time!

47CZ4.png
Fallout shall become an ugly first-person RPG with forced humor, made by Bethesda! After millions of mods to make all NPCs into naked anime girls, Obsidian shall develop the sequel, and it will somehow be even buggier than their other games, despite its better writing.

Gattsu25 said:
Dear Lord! Why must the future be so grim?

Tell me, with so many enjoying the likes of Planescape.. what impact will this game have on the RPGs of the future?

47CZ4.png
JRPGs will become focused on moe, angst, and lolis! CRPGs will be consolized, and the ability to fuck anything that moves will be considered a riveting and intelligent feature!

EmCeeGramr said:
47CZ4.png
Charging for extra content, surely you jest! What kind of game would charge for content. Let us cast out this charleton of a prophet from our good graces.

Top Bottom