• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Software Ratings Reveal Burnout Crash, New Downloadable Game? [Update: New Details]

Rlan

burnout11.jpg

Source: http://www.gamerbytes.com/2011/04/software_ratings_reveal_burnou.php

It's been a while since we've had a new Burnout, what with Criterion busy with Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit since Paradise was released, but it looks like EA are ramping up for a new title in the series with Burnout Crash.

Burnout Crash has been rated by the Australian Classification Board, and doing some extra digging via Linkedin profile search, the game is a Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 game.

While nothing currently states that the game is a downloadable title, it could very well be a new retail Burnout game, the lack of announcements prior to its rating has previously meant it was a downloadable game. Also, and this is purely a hypothesis, but being called Burnout Crash may mean this is a title entirely based around Burnout 3 and Revenge's Crash Mode, a sorely missing feature of Burnout Paradise.

Update:

Wario64 said:
http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2011/04/13/more-burnout-crash-info-outed/

It seems last week’s report of a game named ‘Burnout Crash’ certainly got a lot of people excited. The team over at Joystiq have done a bit of digging and received the following information from the Australian classification board:

The game is “an action arcade style game set in the fictional world of Crash City. The aim of the game is to cause as much damage as possible to traffic and buildings by crashing a car into them.”

Can you hear that sound? That’s the sound of the team at TSA screaming with giddy excitement.

Is there no chance that this could be the 3DS Burnout game? (the one that the Criterion guy was hinting at that was meant to be a remake of Burnout 3)

Gravijah

Nuclear Muffin said:
Is there no chance that this could be the 3DS Burnout game? (the one that the Criterion guy was hinting at that was meant to be a remake of Burnout 3)

omg, burnout 3 is the best burnout

Izayoi

Banned
Gravijah said:
Yup. I would shit my pants, but unfortunately this is a PS3/360 title.

If it was an HD version of Burnout 3 that would be sweet, but I somehow doubt it.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
That's pretty much all I do in Burnout anyways, why not.

Anyways, as long as Criterion is on board, I'm pumped.

I hope it would be something along the lines of Burnout 3/Revenge. If it's just Crash Mode, then I'd be down with that, too.

Also, I would love a portable Burnout 3. Especially with online. *drool*

Rlan

yencid said:
.... STILL 3DS!

(i hope)

it is multiplatform after all.

Well it says XBLA and PSN, but they could always do something akin to the Saints Row game -- XBLA / PSN / 3DS.

I mean they might as well port Legends PSP at this point.

A dedicated Burnout Crash Mode game? Sign me up. Criterion really screwed the pooch with the "every intersection is a crash mode" nonsense from Burnout Paradise.

I hope there are no silly icons to get, either. Just set up intersections, vehicles and objects and let me do my own thing instead of giving me artificial, fake gamey things to try to hit for points.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
please be a full game please be a full game please be a full game please be a full game please be a full game please be a full game please be a full game

i wanna have fun with my friends online again

Kujo

Crash mode is okay, but my favourite part of Burnout games are the actual races. Please please please have Burnout 3/Revenge style races.

Elixist

Mojo said:
Crash mode is okay, but my favourite part of Burnout games are the actual races. Please please please have Burnout 3/Revenge style races.

Pretty much, I'd love a downloadable Burnout 3 style with crash and the regular tracks.

Wow, just last week I was talking with a bunch of friends about how we'd all love some sort of downloadable Burnout Crash mode for PSN & XBLA that compiles all the crash junctions from previous Burnout games - if that's what this turns out to be, I'm all over it. Take my money now EA!

atomsk

Party Pooper
There is a disturbing lack of love for Burnout 2 crash mode in here (aka the best one)

What the fuck you guys

Pikelet

atomsk said:
There is a disturbing lack of love for Burnout 2 crash mode in here (aka the best one)

What the fuck you guys

Im with you here. Burnout 3 added way too much shit that didn't make any sense, and made it a game about collecting as many powerups as you can as opposed to cleverly creating a domino effect.

Sipowicz

Banned
yencid said:
calling it: 3DS title.

the image actually helps/

not a chance in hell

EA putting a good team/game on a nintendo handheld is next to impossible. I'd imagine a downloadable game or maybe something on iphone

DaBuddaDa

Could this simply be Criterion Game's next, full Burnout game? We haven't heard anything post-Hot Pursuit that I know of.

chixdiggit

Gravijah said:

Not true. Burnout 2 had a far superior crash mode and racing. The series really needs to go back to the all or nothing style of boosting.

wwm0nkey

If its just Crash mode I will buy that for probably 400msp. Or if its just a new Burnout game thats more like the old ones (not that need for speed shit Paradise was) I will be very very happy.

EDIT: Also 3 and Revenge are the best ones :)

And the Burnout Debate begins. We now have representatives from Burnout 2, 3, Revenge, Paradise, and even Legends.

I'm awaiting for the Burnout Dominator Defense force.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2011/04/13/more-burnout-crash-info-outed/

It seems last week’s report of a game named ‘Burnout Crash’ certainly got a lot of people excited. The team over at Joystiq have done a bit of digging and received the following information from the Australian classification board:

The game is “an action arcade style game set in the fictional world of Crash City. The aim of the game is to cause as much damage as possible to traffic and buildings by crashing a car into them.”

Can you hear that sound? That’s the sound of the team at TSA screaming with giddy excitement.

TimmiT

I must be the only person in the world that likes racing in the Burnout games more than Crash mode.
Burnout Paradise was also my favorite Burnout game.
Don't kill me.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Isn't this going to be an NGP game?

TimmiT said:
I must be the only person in the world that likes racing in the Burnout games more than Crash mode.
Burnout Paradise was also my favorite Burnout game.
Don't kill me.
I like the racing more too, but this statement is bizarre to me because the course design in Paradise is so inferior for racing compared to Burnout 3 or Revenge.

GitarooMan said:
I like the racing more too, but this statement is bizarre to me because the course design in Paradise is so inferior for racing compared to Burnout 3 or Revenge.
There was course design in Paradise?

Top Bottom